Anyone pulling camper?

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
what is everyone pulling? Would like to find something that can handle 2 adults and 2 Young Kids that has a bathroom. Not many options that are light enough .
Sponsored

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
What essentialemployee said. That's one of the reasons I had hoped the BS would be able to tow at least 3000 lbs. The number of campers under 2000 lbs is small. Even smaller when you consider you will be adding gear, so camper needs to be even lighter. We have a Taxa Tiger Moth. Two adults. Dogs sleep in the jeep.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Taxa Cricket sleeps 4. 1752 lbs. Doesn't leave much room for gear.
Forget a bathroom in a camper under 2000 lbs.

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
what is everyone pulling? Would like to find something that can handle 2 adults and 2 Young Kids that has a bathroom. Not many options that are light enough .
I’m looking into the Scamp 13 foot with the bathroom. There’s a year long wait list, so it will work for me to get a tow hitch installed. it’s just me and two little ones so we can share the bed. There are a few small Winnebagos if you have the $$.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'd plan on sleeping 2 adults; 2 more - bigger kids or adults -- on the ground or in a lightweight rooftop tent. Honestly I'm not sure I would buy the Sport with the intention to camp 4 all in a trailer unless a really lightweight popup.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
If you want a low of towing options you're gonna need to look for something with a V-6.

OP
OP

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Gonna try a different sleeping situation tonight while having a cooler and toolbox in the car, of course in my driveway cause I don't have any Dirt trails within 60-80 miles of my home or at least tat I have been able to find out about.
You live in Portland Oregon?

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
The most you can tow is 2200 lbs. (2000 with the 1.5 engine). You might find a lightweight pop up or small teardrop but the only reason to order a Sport with a hitch is to get a full size spare tire. Sadly it really wasn't meant to tow much more than a small utility trailer.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The most you can tow is 2200 lbs. (2000 with the 1.5 engine). You might find a lightweight pop up or small teardrop but the only reason to order a Sport with a hitch is to get a full size spare tire. Sadly it really wasn't meant to tow much more than a small utility trailer.
There are really LOTS of things you can tow under 2200 lbs. that don't have to be a camper! Even so there are small popups, plus teardrop and small Scamp-like, and other small overlander-type trailers even under 1000 lbs. And utility trailers for your motorcycles, side-by-side, mower, etc. etc. etc. Even a single horse trailer! Another big deal "in the community" is camping inside, on top of, or out of a small trailer behind the Sport. Towing a camper is not the only way! And camping anyway is not the only way to tow your work or fun!

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Yea, motorcycle trailers without motorcycles, Horse trailers without a horse... It really should have been 3,000 Lbs. 2,000 just isn't enough for most uses.