ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I can confirm they were made for the seats.

There's a flap that slips between the bottom cushion and the seat back. Then there are straps that attach the flap to the front edge of the bottom cushion cover. You can only cinch those straps so tight without risking damage to all the cables and connectors that the strap snakes through when passing under the seat. But even if you could put tons of tension on that strap, it won't stop the cover from moving. As the front scoots forward over the edge of the seat, the flap will just slip up through the seat. All the straps do is ensure everything slips together. The side attachments for the bottom cushion cover limit how far it can slip, but won't prevent the slipping altogether.

Still probably less likely to slip than any other seat cover, though. And I'm sure it doesn't help that I scoot around a lot. The seats aren't as comfy to me as what I had in my VW.
Damn...that sucks for me. Wonder if they fit different on the non leather seats? Because that's what I have in my BL. But I do agree my seats in my 14 TDi sportwagen fit me better. If the seats in the Bronco Sport were a little longer they would be perfect; other than that they are pretty comfy. Driven 6 hours straight with no discomfort
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I think the seats are great looking and I would rather use them up instead of cover them up.

But as it happens, a bunch of the leather seat is actually suede and not leather. That made me a little sketchy as we got to the rainy season here in the PNW. Don't want to use them up too fast. In my mind, I pictured myself going about my day and getting my coat or shirt wet and then sitting on all that suede, so I ended up getting these off Big Rainforest. They fit the seat really well and basically cover the suede part where wet clothes would get on it. I don't think it added any significant padding/comfort, but I also don't think it blocks the heated seat a lot either. I'm not a big heated seat fan, so I've only used it once or twice and one time was just to make sure it actually worked.
At $44 for a PAIR, the price was right for me. Note, I tried one on the rear just to see, it fits but doesn't have a good way to attach on the front and the flap is pretty big. I really only wanted the driver seat protected anyhow since that's most of my use.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791HXP1P
Here's what it looks like on the Sport. Flash blew it out a bit but this beats too dark IMO:
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? IMG_20211209_074326997

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
I just got the neoprene rear seat covers from Ford. I ordered mine from Levittown Ford on 12/7 and got them today 12/9! I haven't taken them out yet but I have high hopes. I got them to save my seats from our 80lb lab mix and 130lb Rottweiler. Both are great car dogs and the new Bronco Sport is for them too but the thought of fur, drool and potential butt smears on the new Ebony, Area 51 seats makes me cringe. Even if the neoprene holds the hair (and everything else that comes out of a dog) I'm hoping it'll keep it from getting to what's important underneath. I'll add pics and an update after I put them in.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
My Neoprene front seat covers are in at my Ford dealer. Iā€™ll pick em up today

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
My Neoprene front seat covers are in at my Ford dealer. Iā€™ll pick em up today
How are they working out?

I'm considering getting a pair -- our main concern is dog hair. I've heard that neoprene repels dog hair and I've heard it's a dog hair magnet.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got the neoprene rear seat covers from Ford. I ordered mine from Levittown Ford on 12/7 and got them today 12/9! I haven't taken them out yet but I have high hopes. I got them to save my seats from our 80lb lab mix and 130lb Rottweiler. Both are great car dogs and the new Bronco Sport is for them too but the thought of fur, drool and potential butt smears on the new Ebony, Area 51 seats makes me cringe. Even if the neoprene holds the hair (and everything else that comes out of a dog) I'm hoping it'll keep it from getting to what's important underneath. I'll add pics and an update after I put them in.
Are you happy with the covers? How difficult is it to remove dog hair from them?

Last edited:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ford Coverking covers for the front seats fit like a glove. I installed them a few months ago and I'm very pleased. Tight fit, great protection from dog nails and food spills, and very cool and comfy too (prevents summer back sweat). I'll get some pics next time I get in my BS.
How about dog hair removal -- is it difficult?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I'm considering getting a pair -- our main concern is dog hair. I've heard that neoprene repels dog hair and I've heard it's a dog hair magnet.

I had $301 in Ford points from a tire purchase.
Got my seat covers for $7.32 out of pocket.
they fit great and are just in so I know more adjustments are coming. All these cool bags came with them.
Guess what the little one is for on the top left of the passenger seat back :ā€™P
Check ā€˜emā€™ out :

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 5df82972-9d55-427d-b107-77031647db4a-jpe

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 55ae2aa3-8644-4a7b-bc32-f4a4c39e633c-jpe

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 4c2bddf7-243d-464c-b82f-255a660acd98-jpe

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 0e7994f5-8fea-4055-8978-0d8b0c8160f9-jpe

Almost forgot, there is another bag stashed in the big bag, a draw string affair..
The cool factor is off the charts ya think ?

Quote Reply
Report ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Osco,

Thanks for the great photos!

I can't recall, do you have a dog(s)? If so, I know you said you just installed the covers, but I'm curious as to how they handle dog hair.

Reviews of neoprene vs dog hair are all over the map. We're trying to avoid situation (like in our old RAV4) in which dog hair gets embedded in the upholstery and/or seat covers.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Osco,

Thanks for the great photos!

I can't recall, do you have a dog(s)? If so, I know you said you just installed the covers, but I'm curious as to how they handle dog hair.

Reviews of neoprene vs dog hair are all over the map. We're trying to avoid situation (like in our old RAV4) in which dog hair gets embedded in the upholstery and/or seat covers.
Dog hair Does not get embedded, Dog hair blows around so fast brushing means it floats back on the seats.
Brushes off fairly well as does crumbs, salt, etc. yes I eat in my vehicle.
You may not believe me but my first step when cleaning my cabin(Interior) is to open all the doors and tailgate, roll the four windows down then get my super bad ass back pack Echo leaf blower and blow the thing out.
Then I vacuum it up.
Easy peasy.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dog hair Does not get embedded, Dog hair blows around so fast brushing means it floats back on the seats.
You may not believe me but my first step when cleaning my cabin(Interior) is to open all the doors and tailgate, roll the four windows down then get my super bad ass back pack Echo leaf blower and blow the thing out.
Then I vacuum it up.
Easy peasy.
Good to know. I'll go ahead and order a pair of neoprene covers.

I like the leaf blower idea! We have a Stihl and an Ego cordless -- on its highest speed the Ego is actually more powerful than the Stihl. I'll try it next time.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Then I vacuum it up.
Easy peasy.
Thanks for the review. Most Ford fabrics Iā€™ve ever had are basically Velcro for dog hair. Good to know thatā€™s not the case with these seat covers as I requested the rear seat one be put on for delivery. Ms. Dog should be pleased with that kind of accommodation for driving. I almost never have more people in the vehicle anyways.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I had $301 in Ford points from a tire purchase.
Got my seat covers for $7.32 out of pocket.
they fit great and are just in so I know more adjustments are coming. All these cool bags came with them.
Guess what the little one is for on the top left of the passenger seat back :ā€™P
Check ā€˜emā€™ out :

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 5df82972-9d55-427d-b107-77031647db4a-jpe

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 55ae2aa3-8644-4a7b-bc32-f4a4c39e633c-jpe

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 4c2bddf7-243d-464c-b82f-255a660acd98-jpe

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 0e7994f5-8fea-4055-8978-0d8b0c8160f9-jpe

Almost forgot, there is another bag stashed in the big bag, a draw string affair..
The cool factor is off the charts ya think ?

Quote Reply
Report ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
Do they affect the seat warmers?
I have the neoprene on the back seats and i want the front ones; but I've heard they aren't recommended for the front seats due do the heating elements

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do they affect the seat warmers?
I have the neoprene on the back seats and i want the front ones; but I've heard they aren't recommended for the front seats due do the heating elements
I read somewhere not to use these over seat warmers.
You can use the Carhart ones but I did not like their loose fit.
Sponsored