Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Wow. Those are nicer than I thought they'd be. I was back and forth but now I'm really thinking about it. Wonder how the Carhartt ones fit. ?
I saw the Carhartt front seat set, Too loose and baggy for me, I’m going for a good fit, Like those neoprene above..
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I found this installation video at the Cover King website:

My problem with these covers is the potential loss of seatback storage; it appears you'll no longer have easy access to the zipper storage pouches. On the other hand, if you CAN get to them then you'll have a "hidden" storage pouch under the cover.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the front neoprene covers installed, purchased through the Ford dealer. I've had them on since early May, I think. I haven't adjusted them at all, so you can see how the bottom part of the cover has drifted a lot.

I can say the fit is pretty disappointing and the seat back storage is covered. The flap covering it is velcro'd at the bottom with one flimsy little strap on each side. It wouldn't be hard the undo the flap and access the storage, but I'd be concerned with the Velcro making the part of the seat it attaches to super fuzzy from repeated separation.

I actually received two driver side covers instead of one driver and one passenger (side attachment points for the bottom are different). I contacted the manufacturer and they said they'd send me a replacement. I asked them to send it to my house instead of the dealership I ordered them from but could never get a response from the manufacturer after that and never got the replacement.

Despite the less-than-ideal experience and the floppy fit, I'm still happy I have them because they're effective. I like being able to hop in the car sweaty and dirty after hiking or mtn biking without worrying I'm making the seats nasty. Also helps when I'm hauling my slobbery, disgusting boxer.

I'm doing all of this on my phone so hopefully this photo frame works as intended:

If you want more pictures, lemme know.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have the front neoprene covers installed, purchased through the Ford dealer. I've had them on since early May, I think. I haven't adjusted them at all, so you can see how the bottom part of the cover has drifted a lot.

I can say the fit is pretty disappointing and the seat back storage is covered. The flap covering it is velcro'd at the bottom with one flimsy little strap on each side. It wouldn't be hard the undo the flap and access the storage, but I'd be concerned with the Velcro making the part of the seat it attaches to super fuzzy from repeated separation.

I actually received two driver side covers instead of one driver and one passenger (side attachment points for the bottom are different). I contacted the manufacturer and they said they'd send me a replacement. I asked them to send it to my house instead of the dealership I ordered them from but could never get a response from the manufacturer after that and never got the replacement.

Despite the less-than-ideal experience and the floppy fit, I'm still happy I have them because they're effective. I like being able to hop in the car sweaty and dirty after hiking or mtn biking without worrying I'm making the seats nasty. Also helps when I'm hauling my slobbery, disgusting boxer.

I'm doing all of this on my phone so hopefully this photo frame works as intended:

You didn’t get the back seat one as well did you? That’s the one I’ve been considering for the dog. I could just get one that drapes over the seat, & is easier to remove, but for 99% of the time, the dog will be the only rider back there.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You didn’t get the back seat one as well did you? That’s the one I’ve been considering for the dog. I could just get one that drapes over the seat, & is easier to remove, but for 99% of the time, the dog will be the only rider back there.
Nope, I have a hammock-type cover for the doggo. Specifically this one.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Also helps when I'm hauling my slobbery, disgusting boxer.
Besides Basset hounds, Blood hounds and St. Bernards, Boxers are absolutely the most disgusting slobbery dogs known to humankind. So why exactly do we love them so much? ?

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For real, one end is all slobber and boogers and the other shoots farts that'll make your eyes water. Feels like I'm trying to breathe knives, it's unreal. Car rides get him all amped up, which kicks his slobber factory into overdrive. I die a little on the inside when he shakes his head.

Yet every time I think about him I remember I need to give him pets, even if I just gave him pets. So I guess I need to go administer some head scritches... ?‍♂

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Nope, I have a hammock-type cover for the doggo. Specifically this one.
Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah that looks like something you could need with a boxer For that much coverage for sure.

Keeley was just fine though with a couple towels in the old car, so I might not need something quite that extreme for coverage. But the price? $35?!? That can’t be beat!

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 1639022944456

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah that looks like something you could need with a boxer For that much coverage for sure.

Keeley was just fine though with a couple towels in the old car, so I might not need something quite that extreme for coverage. But the price? $35?!? That can’t be beat!
Yeah my pupper is nearly 90# and is as graceful as one would expect a derpy boxer would be. Without the hammock he'd fall into the floor within a minute of getting in and wouldn't be able to figure out how to get back on the seat. He traded all his brains for... idk probably more farts.

I like knowing I can panic brake without launching him into the floor. Definitely $35 well spent. In my VW Golf I had a different hammock that didn't have zip up flaps on the ends and sometimes he'd find a way to get halfway under the hammock and get stuck. He's easily frightened so it was disastrous.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.

Do you have Heated Seats ??? If so how do they work with the seat cover installed ???

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah my pupper is nearly 90# and is as graceful as one would expect a derpy boxer would be. Without the hammock he'd fall into the floor within a minute of getting in and wouldn't be able to figure out how to get back on the seat. He traded all his brains for... idk probably more farts.

I like knowing I can panic brake without launching him into the floor. Definitely $35 well spent. In my VW Golf I had a different hammock that didn't have zip up flaps on the ends and sometimes he'd find a way to get halfway under the hammock and get stuck. He's easily frightened so it was disastrous.
But I bet he’s just an awesome guy none the less. I made that mistake once with Keeley, launching her into the floor. My own stupid fault, she was sitting on the front passenger seat & I hadn’t bothered to buckle her in. After a bit of a road trip, she had to go, but we were probably 5 mins from home in traffic. Well I had to hit the brakes hard, poor dog came off the seat & hit the dash, thankfully not hard. Hard enough that everything inside of her came out her hind end. Thankfully on a hard plastic door panel & floor liner. So cleanup was only just hard enough that I learnt my lesson.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

?
I don't have the front neoprene covers yet; bought the rear ones first. (I have a toddler and dog)
But it seems to me those covers were not properly installed. I installed the rear ones and when you put the cover on the bottom seat there is a way to tighten the fit. Mine are still snug in the back with a kid and dog climbing all over back there. It sucks you lose the rear seat storage; but gain super protection. The little tags that say bronco on them makes me believe they were designed for the seats not like the carhart ones.

Good luck either way...

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Do you have Heated Seats ??? If so how do they work with the seat cover installed ???
I do and they'll still warm your butt. It takes longer and isn't as intense, but that works for me. If it's cold out, I kick the warmers on until I can feel them then I turn them off. I just use them to get up to temp rather than cook my ham.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
But it seems to me those covers were not properly installed. I installed the rear ones and when you put the cover on the bottom seat there is a way to tighten the fit.
The little tags that say bronco on them makes me believe they were designed for the seats not like the carhart ones.
I can confirm they were made for the seats.

There's a flap that slips between the bottom cushion and the seat back. Then there are straps that attach the flap to the front edge of the bottom cushion cover. You can only cinch those straps so tight without risking damage to all the cables and connectors that the strap snakes through when passing under the seat. But even if you could put tons of tension on that strap, it won't stop the cover from moving. As the front scoots forward over the edge of the seat, the flap will just slip up through the seat. All the straps do is ensure everything slips together. The side attachments for the bottom cushion cover limit how far it can slip, but won't prevent the slipping altogether.

Still probably less likely to slip than any other seat cover, though. And I'm sure it doesn't help that I scoot around a lot. The seats aren't as comfy to me as what I had in my VW.
Sponsored