Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I had $301 in Ford points from a tire purchase.
Got my seat covers for $7.32 out of pocket.
they fit great and are just in so I know more adjustments are coming. All these cool bags came with them.
Guess what the little one is for on the top left of the passenger seat back :’P
Check ‘em’ out :

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 5df82972-9d55-427d-b107-77031647db4a-jpe

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 55ae2aa3-8644-4a7b-bc32-f4a4c39e633c-jpe

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 4c2bddf7-243d-464c-b82f-255a660acd98-jpe

Ford Bronco Sport Anyone find any good seat covers? 0e7994f5-8fea-4055-8978-0d8b0c8160f9-jpe

Almost forgot, there is another bag stashed in the big bag, a draw string affair..
The cool factor is off the charts ya think ?

Quote Reply
Report •••
Those look nice! I bought the bags separately and am now thinking of going with these seat covers.

Anyone else have these/ feedback on how you like them?

I have the leather seats which sounds like it is not a problem.
Sponsored

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Do they affect the seat warmers?
I have the neoprene on the back seats and i want the front ones; but I've heard they aren't recommended for the front seats due do the heating elements
This may be obvious to everyone but...

In some cases, it is recommended that sources of heat not be obstructed or insulated because of concerns about heat build-up or equipment cooling issues.

In this case, since the heated seats are of course designed to have people sitting on them the added insulation from the neoprene covers should not harm the heaters. The heating elements must be designed to cycle off if the temp reaches the upper limit.

The reason the neoprene covers are not recommended for heated seats is most likely because they reduce the amount of heat reaching the driver/passenger.

My wife and I have managed to survive for 60+ years without heated seats, so that is not a concern for us. What IS a concern are photos I've seen of the outside edge of the seat cover curling up due to there being no side panels (in order to preserve air bag function). I was ready to place the order the other day when I saw those photos. Now I'm not sure what to get. I've seen *full* covers (including side panels) that claim to have a tear-away design so air bag function is not impeded. If those truly do not obstruct the air bags, that may be the way to go.

One thing I don't want is to spend almost $300 on seat covers only to have them look like crap in a matter of months. IDK how much of a problem the edges folding inward is, but it's not a good look.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Had mine through two summers now.
They look like new and I have tightened them only once.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had mine through two summers now.
They look like new and I have tightened them only once.
That's good to know.

I can see how the edge might get rolled in, but not necessarily. A lot depends on the driver (and passenger if there often is one). A larger person would probably be more likely to rub against the seat cover and fold it over when getting in.

I just searched a bit but couldn't find those images. It looks bad, but may not be an issue for people who are not overweight and/or do not rub the seat back when getting in.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
In this case, since the heated seats are of course designed to have people sitting on them the added insulation from the neoprene covers should not harm the heaters.
Not necessarily. A body acts as a heat sink, absorbing the heat generated by the heating elements. Anything between you and seat will be an insulator, blocking some heat. Neoprene is a closed cell rubber, which makes it a fine insulator.

The owner's manual contains the following warning:

Do not place anything on the seat that blocks the heat, for example a seat cover or a cushion. This
could cause the seat to overheat. Failure to follow this instruction could result in personal injury.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not necessarily. A body acts as a heat sink, absorbing the heat generated by the heating elements. Anything between you and seat will be an insulator, blocking some heat. Neoprene is a closed cell rubber, which makes it a fine insulator.

The owner's manual contains the following warning:
Thanks Mark!

I hadn't seen that. What I read, on the Ford Accessories page (buried in a drop-down menu) is:

"Not compatible with heated seats."

"Not compatible."

That's a far cry from the language in the owner's manual! I guess Ford Accessories is more focused on selling seat covers. :cool:

In this case it's obviously safer to go with the owner's manual, rather than what Ford says on their accessories site.

Off the record/not intended as advice/just for discussion/don't try this at home:

FWIW, I seriously doubt that putting something on the seat(s) will cause any harm. People frequently leave stuff -- blankets, coats, bags, towels, clothing -- on seats. Those things also act as insulation -- as does any clothing people have on -- including long coats, insulated pants, etc.

In addition, Ford knows that very few people read owner's manuals and instructions. I'm one who generally does, although obviously I haven't made my way through the entire BS manual (it is sitting right here though for reference). If this was a serious safety issue there would be a warning -- something on the touchscreen for example.

That said, I'm not going to just blow off what the manual advises. It's certainly a factor in whether or not we go with neoprene, but not an absolute deal killer. At least not without evidence -- like photos of scorched seats, cars that went up in flames, etc.

I've never heard of any problems related to having seat covers on heated seats -- but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Everything I've read is that seat covers simply reduce the effectiveness of the heaters -- but I remain open to any and all information.

[Edit to add: In our case we had planned to leave the heaters off anyway. You don't miss what you never had, and it doesn't get that cold around here.]

Disregard the above. Obey the owner's manual.

Last edited:

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Has anyone put the neoprene MOLLE covers on the leather front seats?

Also, would prefer full side covers but as long as they don’t move around a lot with the cutouts I’m ok.

Still trying to decide.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has the same “Not compatible” for the Carhart covers!
I suppose that to be consistent, Ford's legal -- I mean engineering -- dept has to use the same "not compatible" language for all seat covers, not matter how minimal their insulating value.

I guess if we ever do use the seat warmers I can't wear my Carhartt pants... :cool:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone put the neoprene MOLLE covers on the leather front seats?

Also, would prefer full side covers but as long as they don’t move around a lot with the cutouts I’m ok.

Still trying to decide.
I don't doubt what Osco said above, I imagine the edge rolling issue is not a problem for everyone, but for almost $300 I don't want to chance it -- so I prefer full side covers (with break-away panels).

The Badlands is primarily my wife's vehicle. I'm the one that's most concerned about dog hair getting in the upholstery -- she's pretty laid back about it, and doesn't think covers are necessary.

I'm still looking, but there's no rush. For now she has the passenger seat wrapped in a sheet. Stylin'!

On the MOLLE straps, my impression is that while they can be useful, they are mostly a clever marketing feature. Just as most BS owners will do very little (if any) serious off-roading, very few will use those MOLLE straps. Certainly not as depicted in Ford's BS advertising photos -- climbing rope; carabiners; flashlights; multi-tools, etc. :cool:

That said, no doubt some people will use them and regardless -- they look cool!

Is there a reason you asked about using them with leather seats? Are you concerned about possible damage?

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I don't doubt what Osco said above, I imagine the edge rolling issue is not a problem for everyone, but for almost $300 I don't want to chance it -- so I prefer full side covers (with break-away panels).

The Badlands is primarily my wife's vehicle. I'm the one that's most concerned about dog hair getting in the upholstery -- she's pretty laid back about it, and doesn't think covers are necessary.

I'm still looking, but there's no rush. For now she has the passenger seat wrapped in a sheet. Stylin'!

On the MOLLE straps, my impression is that while they can be useful, they are mostly a clever marketing feature. Just as most BS owners will do very little (if any) serious off-roading, very few will use those MOLLE straps. Certainly not as depicted in Ford's BS advertising photos -- climbing rope; carabiners; flashlights; multi-tools, etc. :cool:

That said, no doubt some people will use them and regardless -- they look cool!

Is there a reason you asked about using them with leather seats? Are you concerned about possible damage?
Slightly concerned about damage but not sure how that would happen. For $222 and if I use Ford points it is only $28. I have full over Wet Okole covers on my FJ front seat and just wanted something good enough that looks nice for the BS. The Ford MOLLE covers look nice and functional for my purposes.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slightly concerned about damage but not sure how that would happen. For $222 and if I use Ford points it is only $28. I have full over Wet Okole covers on my FJ front seat and just wanted something good enough that looks nice for the BS. The Ford MOLLE covers look nice and functional for my purposes.
That's cool.

The neoprene MOLLE covers do look nice. I was ready to buy the neoprene covers without MOLLE straps (we have little/no need for them) -- I actually had a call in to the dealership -- but then I saw that review showing the rolled edge. Of course that was just one review. Osco hasn't had that problem. I imagine if a person is careful when getting into the seat the covers will be OK. I just don't want to chance it. I do like the fitted look though.

I can't help you with the neoprene over leather question. FWIW, I haven't heard of any issues.

The neoprene covers I was considering are about $260, IIRC.

People have different perspectives about the FordPass points. I look at them like they are the same as cash in my pocket -- except for the restrictions regarding what they can be spent on. So whether a person spends money from their own checking account, or Ford points, or a combination of the two -- the true cost is still the same.

An exception might be if a person could not think of anything else to buy from Ford, so if they did not purchase (say) the seat covers, the points would go to waste. But if there is anything else they will buy from Ford in the future, then using the Ford points is the same as spending cash.

BTW -- I looked at Wet Okole but IIRC they do not make covers for the BS. That's too bad because they have a good rep.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That's cool.

The neoprene MOLLE covers do look nice. I was ready to buy the neoprene covers without MOLLE straps (we have little/no need for them) -- I actually had a call in to the dealership -- but then I saw that review showing the rolled edge. Of course that was just one review. Osco hasn't had that problem. I imagine if a person is careful when getting into the seat the covers will be OK. I just don't want to chance it. I do like the fitted look though.

I can't help you with the neoprene over leather question. FWIW, I haven't heard of any issues.

The neoprene covers I was considering are about $260, IIRC.

People have different perspectives about the FordPass points. I look at them like they are the same as cash in my pocket -- except for the restrictions regarding what they can be spent on. So whether a person spends money from their own checking account, or Ford points, or a combination of the two -- the true cost is still the same.

An exception might be if a person could not think of anything else to buy from Ford, so if they did not purchase (say) the seat covers, the points would go to waste. But if there is anything else they will buy from Ford in the future, then using the Ford points is the same as spending cash.

BTW -- I looked at Wet Okole but IIRC they do not make covers for the BS. That's too bad because they have a good rep.
Good advice. What covers are you looking at?

Looks like Tburner put them over leather seats and Osco has had good luck with his.

Last edited:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good advice. What covers are you looking at?

Looks like Tburner put them over leather seats and Osco has had good luck with his.
Sounds good. It stands to reason that if any seat cover will/may cause damage to any particular upholstery they either would not be sold, or the mfr would give a clear warning.

I'm still looking. Wifey just said again that she doesn't think they're necessary (for dog hair). I told her I want proof before I'll give up on the covers. :cool:

It seems that everything Ford sells leaves the sides exposed, so that's a non-starter for us.

1) Interestingly, while CoverCraft makes Ford's covers with open sides, they also make full covers -- at least if these photos are accurate:
https://realtruck.com/c/interior-accessories/seat-covers/v/ford/bronco-sport/2022/

However, there is this note in the list of features:
"Includes headrest, map pockets, armrest, console covers, and airbag cutouts, if applicable to vehicle"
https://realtruck.com/p/covercraft-carhartt-seat-covers/v/ford/bronco-sport/2022/

Carhartt is $270 > $400 (for "precision fit"). There are a ton of other selections there.

2) https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/shop/ford-bronco-sport/seat-covers/
They seem more expensive than "RealTruck" though -- at least for the Carhartt covers.

3) https://coverking.com/collections/custom-seat-cover
Some interesting choices there

4) https://www.carid.com/2022-ford-bronco-sport-seat-covers/

I haven't had a chance to check them all out. I may still get neoprene if I can find them with break-away side panels.

BTW -- there are several covers at those websites that have MOLLE straps. It's possible that some of them are full covers.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Now looking for a good rear seat cover for a dog. Got the neoprene for the fronts so thinking neoprene for the back would be good since you have full access to the under seat storage. Any other recommendations?
Sponsored