SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I'm planning on using my Garmin GPS with 7" display (yes, I know I can also use Google on the display).
Wondering if anyone else has found a location for their GPS on the dash that doesn't interfere too much with accessing the other controls?
I was thinking I could make a mount that fits in the center compartment to hold it just under the display controls and above the heat controls (see below).
I don't care that it blocks that shelf as there's still a space below. - Any other ideas?
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else planning on using a GPS?... Mounting option ideas dash with gps
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I have a vent clip for it that I use in the Escape center drivers dash vent now but I think that will block access to the center display.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I'm planning on using my Garmin GPS with 7" display (yes, I know I can also use Google on the display).
Wondering if anyone else has found a location for their GPS on the das that doesn't interfere too much with accessing the other controls?
I was thinking I could make a mount that fits in the center compartment to hold it just under the display controls and above the heat controls (see below).
I don't care that it blocks that shelf as there's still a space below. - Any other ideas?
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else planning on using a GPS?... Mounting option ideas dash with gps
Good idea. My Garmin does not like being on the dash on sunny summer days, it overheats. I sometimes like to use the Garmin to keep the vehicle screen available for other things (ya, first world problem...).
If I ever get my BS, I'll have to look into making a gps mount.

OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Good idea. My Garmin does not like being on the dash on sunny summer days, it overheats. I sometimes like to use the Garmin to keep the vehicle screen available for other things (ya, first world problem...).
If I ever get my BS, I'll have to look into making a gps mount.
Yea, planning ahead. I don't expect I'll see mine until at least the end of June. I'll post what I wound up with hopefully by summer... :frown:

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I usually get an AMPS mount plate that installs next to the radio for my phone cradle. It's great for GPS and XM head units. Sadly panavise isn't making one yet for bronco sport.

Maybe if more people contact panavise, proclip or pro fit international they will add it to their pipe line. Right now, none of these three make one.

A-tach mounts has 3 models. All seem to block something.
https://www.atachmounts.com/Ford-Bronco-Sport_c_435.html

Last edited:

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Wondering if anyone else has found a location for their GPS on the dash that doesn't interfere too much with accessing the other controls?
A bit of thread necromancy here, but that looks really good mounted there. I find things don’t stay put in the bin there anyhow, so that is a good use of space. ?

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
A bit of thread necromancy here, but that looks really good mounted there. I find things don’t stay put in the bin there anyhow, so that is a good use of space. ?
Might want an external Rx antenna on that GPS receiver, the patch on-board is going to be pretty heavily obstructed by the center-stack upper display.

OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
My GPS works there just fine with no other antenna. I've also added a backup camera to our camper that displays on the GPS.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I was thinking the same thing, it looks like it belongs there and the only buttons blocked on the steering wheel is more convenient. Plus everytime I also put stuff there it goes flying, especially in sport mode or if I got rage against the machine cranked

OP
OP
SLJ

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
So here's the actual mount I used. Works fine, no buttons blocked, and after three months the only place it has a problem getting signal is in inside my metal garage...
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else planning on using a GPS?... Mounting option ideas GPS-mount
The mount is just stuck in the compartment with a little square of rubber backed outdoor carpet stuck under it that keeps it from moving. Hasn't moved.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So here's the actual mount I used. Works fine, no buttons blocked, and after three months the only place it has a problem getting signal is in inside my metal garage...
Ford Bronco Sport Anyone else planning on using a GPS?... Mounting option ideas GPS-mount
The mount is just stuck in the compartment with a little square of rubber backed outdoor carpet stuck under it that keeps it from moving. Hasn't moved.
Do you have a link or a name of the mount you're using?

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
I'm putting my GPS in the drop down glasses holder in the overhead.
Sponsored