SaabBoy2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-5 (2X) Saab 9-3
Almost have 100 miles on mine so I need to break it in more but love the car so far! Only complaints are the time and temp information. I know I can look on my phone and such but finding the outside temp and the current time can be difficult. Also posted on another thread that the paint was messed up in one tiny tiny tiny area. Dealer has promised to fix it but finding paint is the main issue. Who'd-a thought new paint would be hard to find?
Sponsored

Obbay1953

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Took delivery the week before Christmas. 3,000 miles so far, not the daily driver, purchased mainly for road trips. Only issue I am not fond of is the Auto Shut Off, but even that I have gotten used to. I originally did not order for the off-road ability, but that was a bonus. Only issue now is the wife also loves it, very spunky fun vehicle to drive. Amazed with the little engine that could.
I presume you're aware that you can turn off the "Auto Shut Off" feature, or at least I know I can on mine.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There is a small horizontal, plastic nozzle under the rear camera that I think is only offered on certain packages, I can only speak on the BL as mine does have a front & rear washer for the camera. You just use the washer or each and it automatically spits the washer fluid out on the cameras.
Pretty sure I am seeing the little bottom washer nubbin on the rear camera in all of the FE/BL video reviews I've seen. I have NOT seen it on Big Bend nor Base, not sure if some OB have it but I've seen some that DO NOT. As mentioned, builds after 5/10/21 BB and OB will get the rear camera washer.

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
The black plastic trim scratches really easy. I had my car washed and now I see faint swirl marks in the direct sun. Anyone else notice this?
Do you recall if that carwash had the cloth rags or the spinning brushes? I know the latter would not be good on those shiny plastic surfaces but don't know about the cloth strips. That is going to be a real problem and I would prefer the flat black (non-glossy) plastic used around windows instead.

FOMOCO

Badlands
First Name
rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badland
Nothing mechanical but I notice at highway speeds about 60 MPH my hood does have some flexing to it. I reported it to the dealer and he confirmed, as did I, that the hood is securely shut. They said it's the thin aluminum that the hood is made of. Not a deal breaker but definitely annoying.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nothing mechanical but I notice at highway speeds about 60 MPH my hood does have some flexing to it. I reported it to the dealer and he confirmed, as did I, that the hood is securely shut. They said it's the thin aluminum that the hood is made of. Not a deal breaker but definitely annoying.
ALUMINUM is GOOD news, re: stone chips and rust!...? I did see it "vibrate" a little bit occasionally. That would have probably been nil had they designed it with more than 1 latch point.

FOMOCO

Badlands
First Name
rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badland
ALUMINUM is GOOD news, re: stone chips and rust!...? I did see it "vibrate" a little bit occasionally. That would have probably been nil had they designed it with more than 1 latch point.
Nothing to do with the latch point. It's occurring up closer to the windshield. More structural bracing between the hood skins would eliminate this.

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would say my biggest complaint so far with my BB is the steering wheel.

Compared to other compact SUVs I've driven such as the Nissan Rogue or Jeep Renegade, they were both thicker and larger. Made the vehicle feel bigger than it was. This BS is screaming for a similar style steering wheel. One reviewer's best guess is it's size was set this way to save cost, but it is the most pivotal touchpoint in my opinion, and from what I've seen on youtube, even the Ford Escape's looks larger.

I have the BB package so mine is leather-wrapped, but I'm thinking of wrapping it again just to make it feel less toy-like. Is that crazy?

Am I the only one who feels this way? Ha!

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I would say my biggest complaint so far with my BB is the steering wheel.

Compared to other compact SUVs I've driven such as the Nissan Rogue or Jeep Renegade, they were both thicker and larger. Made the vehicle feel bigger than it was. This BS is screaming for a similar style steering wheel. One reviewer's best guess is it's size was set this way to save cost, but it is the most pivotal touchpoint in my opinion, and from what I've seen on youtube, even the Ford Escape's looks larger.

I have the BB package so mine is leather-wrapped, but I'm thinking of wrapping it again just to make it feel less toy-like. Is that crazy?

Am I the only one who feels this way? Ha!
I pretty much put a nice, decent looking cover on all my steering wheels.... somehow once you get used to a thick wheel like my BMW's, everything else feels thin and toy-like. I am sure if you can find a high quality steering wheel cover, it will improve things somewhat... but then if you have heated steering wheel you'll need to take the cover off in the winter....

Last edited:

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I pretty much put a nice, decent looking cover on all my steering wheels.... somehow once you get used to a thick wheel like my BMW's, everything else feels think and toy-like. I am sure if you can find a high quality steering wheel cover, it will improve things somewhat... but then if you have heated steering wheel you'll need to take the cover off in the winter....
So I am not crazy? Ha! Yeah I think you're absolutely right, feels toy-like to me. Can't go back now and I'll probably do as you suggested and wrap it despite it already being "leather wrapped".

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 61ZcMOI0YoL._AC_SL1500_

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I am not crazy? Ha! Yeah I think you're absolutely right, feels toy-like to me. Can't go back now and I'll probably do as you suggested and wrap it despite it already being "leather wrapped".
I have a BL and I had to, for the first time ever, buy a cover for it. It was gritty feeling...

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a BL and I had to, for the first time ever, buy a cover for it. It was gritty feeling...
Which one did you buy if you don't me asking? You liking it better with it?

abilski

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That sounds very strange to me. I have never read/heard anything about such a "trailering mode," like the 8th hidden, "G.O.A.T" mode just for trailers? NOW IT DOES engage an anti-sway system that uses various vehicle controls "when sway is detected." Could that be what's going on here? Or could it be some sort of fault in that system?
I've brought it up to the dealer when I was in getting my floor mats, and they were going to dig into it with corporate. I did notice, that when I plug my trailer in, it disables to the BLIS system, which is expected, but it triggers a fault warning on the ford pass app, which is interesting and will be looked into and may dovetail into what your suggesting.

After another usage, with a slightly bigger trailer/with load, it performed similarly to the empty lighter trailer. Not sure what that means or doesn't mean at this time. Will update once I know more.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Do you recall if that carwash had the cloth rags or the spinning brushes? I know the latter would not be good on those shiny plastic surfaces but don't know about the cloth strips. That is going to be a real problem and I would prefer the flat black (non-glossy) plastic used around windows instead.
When I get mine I am having the pillars PPF applied.
Sponsored