Any Complaints so far?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I believe the issue is if you have the fog lamps turned on and either turn the wheel slightly or turn on the turn signal one fog light will go out (cornering assist). ie. if you turn the wheel left the left light stays on.....wheels straight..both on. I discovered this last week myself, thought a lamp was burned out. Then humbly read the manual. :crackup:
Thanks, I'll double check the manual, which is not the easiest to navigate. Makes sense though. I do recall walking into the shop when they were inspecting it. Technician had wheels turned quite a bit. So it had to be that.

I appreciate your reply!
Sponsored

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
2900 miles on our Badlands + BL package, 360+ & Towā€¦. Overall itā€™s great, loving it so far. A list of complaints exists below. Overall I donā€™t think Ford did bad for a first model year coming out of a pandemic. My list has a bit of meat to it, but like I said we really like the Bronco Sport so far and actually want another. I gave up looking for another BL+BL. Will just order another when the order banks are open again at the end of August, we donā€™t need it right away. Perhaps some of these issues will be addressed for MY22, but Iā€˜m honestly not expecting any changes.

Complaints:

No seat or mirror memory. Really disappointed that the top trim level with power leather seats does not have this. The leather seats in the BL are very comfortable, but the seat pan needs a tilt adjustment.

No HomeLink garage door opener. This makes the Bronco Sport the *ONLY* vehicle offered by Ford that does not have integrated garage door opener on at least one trim level. Full size Bronco has it on several trim levels. Itā€™s not omitted because the Bronco Sport is an off-road vehicle or any nonsense that Iā€™ve seen various apologists come up with.

The visors can only go so far forward and are awkward.

The new dual-flap fuel filler neck just sucks. This is not a unique Bronco Sport issue, but something that is affecting a handful of new cars out there from Ford and other makers like Toyota. Iā€™ve encountered some gas pump nozzles that are just not long enough to work properly and make it difficult, and in one case truly impossible, to fill up.

Bump outs on the hood have terrible reflection / glare when the sun hits them at the right angle on the side facing the windshield. Had this in the past on an F-250, donā€™t recall exactly which model year and also on a RAM pickup at one point. Terrible. Something that should have been caught in testing since it affected my son and I the first day we drove it.

Canā€™t open the rear hatch when the doors are locked when we have the fob on us. It will flash the lights, but thatā€™s it. So itā€™s registering the fob. Once again, kinda surprised to see this when other Ford SUVs let us open the rear hatch when locked if weā€™re holding the fob.

The fake engine noise when in Sport mode. I mean really, WTF? Whatever genius in the marketing department that thought this was desirable is a complete moron. I get it, fake engine noise is a thing these days that Ford and GM are putting on various cars because some marketing people think that people wonā€™t buy a car unless it sounds like it has a powerful engine or something. My Expedition has fake engine noise too, but itā€™s a lot more subtle and yet more believable whereas in the Bronco itā€™s overdone and just comical. Almost as lame as in the Mach-E, but at least in the Mach-E we can turn It off.

Seatbelts for the 2nd row need a little extra attention when putting seats from folded to upright to make sure theyā€™re not stuck on the wrong side of the seat back.

Would like seat heaters for the 2nd row. Seems like a no-brainer on the top trim level. Something that Ford offers on the 2nd row of the Explorer, Edge, Expedition and even did on a few model years of the Escape.

I appreciate getting a full-size spare, but they should have given us the same tire to match the other 4. Now we have 4 aggressive AT tires and one mediocre crap tire.

USB ports are all standard +5V with no frills or fast-charging. This is irksome for the USB-C port, which should be able to put out enough juice to actually charge or power something bigger than a phone. At least we have real power ports in the ca though and I love the one in the rear.

Wireless charging pad has compatibility issues. Does not like any iPhone 12, but is also flaky with some other newer/ larger phones. Itā€™s also under-powered and while it charges an iPhone 11 Pro Max just fine, it barely charges it fast enough to keep up with battery drain from streaming audio. This is not specifically a Bronco Sport issue, My ā€˜18 Expedition uses the same charging pad and has the same issues. All known issues, you would think Ford would try a bit harder on this. So the wireless charging is mostly useless.
Oh yeah, and the list goes in and on. This vehicle has more issues than you can list in a post without driving people crazy. As soon as I can find someone to take mine off my hands I'll be estatic. These vehicles are not helping Ford getting away from the bad historical image they already had.

dhaas06

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL/BL
Oh yeah, and the list goes in and on. This vehicle has more issues than you can list in a post without driving people crazy. As soon as I can find someone to take mine off my hands I'll be estatic. These vehicles are not helping Ford getting away from the bad historical image they already had.
Is this sarcasm? In this market you can sell your used Bronco for more than MSRP in all likelihood, any dealership would jump at the trade-in opportunity. Can't tell what you mean by suggesting it is hard to find someone to take it off your hands like it's worthless.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Thanks, I'll double check the manual, which is not the easiest to navigate. Makes sense though. I do recall walking into the shop when they were inspecting it. Technician had wheels turned quite a bit. So it had to be that.

I appreciate your reply!
See page 86 in 2022 manual, likely close by in 2021 manual.

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi - Just checking in to see what type of wiper you replaced yours with so I can avoid this wiper prob before the ice hits.
$110 bucks to replace your 3 wipers at Ford. These guys are a ripoff!

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Is this sarcasm? In this market you can sell your used Bronco for more than MSRP in all likelihood, any dealership would jump at the trade-in opportunity. Can't tell what you mean by suggesting it is hard to find someone to take it off your hands like it's worthless.
Not in Indiana. You'll never get close to sticker.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Weird you chose to quote my post and say this. Yes, I had observations of what could be better or added in future updates, but no complaints that actually reflect on quality or capability of the Bronco Sport. The 2022 model year update already addresses two of my items. This post of mine is a few months old. Weā€™re very happy with our Badlands Sportā€¦. Happy enough that we have ordered another.

My thoughts exactly. If you have one configured a way many people would want it, no problem to sell. If itā€™s a BL or FE, no problem getting MSRP out of a used one. Although a lot of the straggling new ones coming to dealerships now are seeing MSRP or slight discounts now that the ā€˜22s start production next week.

Not sure why weā€™re responding to the obvious troll comment.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I disagree, if I bought a RAV4 I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror.
I have had mine for about 10 months now and I have no complaints or reservations of my bronco . Absolutely a very fun suv to drive and looks great in any driveway. Drive one , if you donā€™t like it sell it for more than you paid . It drives as nice as any Lincoln I have had over the last 40 years.

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 6CB8D7C6-9B37-4417-9383-EA45200E07E5

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I appreciate your reply!
Here is a pdf of the 2021 manual. This is easy to navigate using word find feature,

Attachments

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
A lot of these items won't appear in a test drive. The full pump will continually cut off unless it is inserted only a couple of inches.
Have you tried setting it to a lower pump rate? In this video you can see there are two lock detents for the pump handle. Have you tried setting it to the second detent?

Snyc 3 is awful compared to Sync 4 which is why that's in the Bronco.
I haven't seen a Sync 4 system yet, but you're probably right that it has superior features to the Sync 3--otherwise why upgrade the system? Ford likely chose to put it in the Bronco Sport both to save money, and as another way to distinguish between the Sport and the full-sized Bronco. That said, I've been using Sync 3 in my Mustang and the wife's Escape for several years now without any issues. We use Android Auto almost exclusively, and it's fantastic. I've also used the stock Sync 3 interface when I can't get data for Google Maps, and I think it's also fantastic. What about it do you not like?

The off road capabilities leave a lot to be desired if you are actually climbing rocks and entering mud hole. No protection underneath and the lower bumper will be gone on your first excursion.
If you wanted off-road capability then why didn't you buy the Badlands or the full-sized Bronco?

How many cars have you owned where if you put the visor down you can't see more than a couple of hundred feet ahead. Great for running red lights though.
I'm tall, so I can put the visor down far enough in ANY vehicle I drive to completely block my forward view. But I've never driven a vehicle with visors I couldn't adjust up or down as needed. Can't you just raise the visor a bit when needed to see the lights?

If someone is looking for a man's mini van this fits the bill, but if you're looking to actually drive off road you'll need something else.
I think anyone looking for a highly capable off-roader who does a modicum of research will quickly discover the Bronco Sport in Big Bend trim is not what they want. The question is why didn't you?

ROADTRIP

Big Bend
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Although this was supposed to be a roadtrip vehicle this has become my everyday work car. One thing that urks the body shop is that you have to take the roof of to get to the roof rails. Been going back and forth with body shop after hail damage and they thought the rail was clipped in and damaged it trying to get it off but it has 8 bolts according to the manager of the body shop so the roof and headliner must come off. Also the water in the tailgate is a problem and the water that pools on the end of the hood. It flows to the front of the hood and then kicks back into the windshield when driving forward.

Last edited:

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
See page 86 in 2022 manual, likely close by in 2021 manual.
I've got MY21 but I figured MY22 is generally similar. Here's what I see there: "Condensation in the Exterior Front Lamps and Rear Lamps", "Lighting Control Selections" and "Switching High Beam Headlamps On and Off" sections. Nothing about the issue I ran into. Am I missing something?

FTR, here's there source I was using:
2022 BRONCO SPORT Ownerā€™s Manual

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've had my BL for only a few weeks and haven't really driven it much, but I really like the drivability and interior. The luggage compartment - eh. I was originally in the market for an OB because I really don't do any off roading, but a dealer near me had a beautiful loaded BL in Carbonite Gray that was available and I figured why not? I wasn't too crazy about the 1.5L 3-cylinder engine anyway. But 2 things: Not sure if the additional 1" roof height will make loading a kayak more difficult. That we'll have to wait till spring. Also the full-size spare is nice, but I didn't realize it comes at the cost of 5 cubic feet. In my prev car (an 08 Mariner) I had one flat in 13 years. But now I have to check out some trails to put all the capabilities to use.

So my suggestions are:
ā€¢ Put the console tray in! I can't believe they cheaped out on that.
ā€¢ Offer the 2.0 as an option on the OB! Why not? That would be what I would have bought.
ā€¢ Put more compartments and such in the luggage area. My Mariner had a door in the interior wheel well for a decent-sized compartment, and two hard pockets on either side to hold stuff, as well as a dry well under the floor. This has room around the spare but that's it.
ā€¢ A compartment cover! Almost every car has one. What's the deal with not including a roll-top cover?
ā€¢ This is a minor tweak but enable the infotainment screen to swivel slightly with click-stops towards the driver.
ā€¢ A physical row of radio presets under the screen and a physical Home key.

Otherwise it's a great car. I'm just making suggestions to improve it.

Last edited:

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I took delivery of my OB/OB about a month ago. No complains here. It was exactly what I wanted. I think you are correct about people confusing the Sport with the full sized Bronco. I've had to educate a few people. My husband loves his Jeep Wrangler, but he has said if he ever wanted a new vehicle, he would definitely consider a Sport.
After a Wrangler he would never like a Sport.
Sponsored