LilKim

Badlands
First Name
LilKim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport BL
I had been putting off looking at 4Runners as I wait for the BS I ordered. The pushback to 11/3 is likely the nail in the coffin for the BS. If I find a suitable 4Runner I'll go that route and I'll be done with Ford for at least another few years. I won't putting another order for BS or Bronco.
been toying w/ the same option.
Sponsored

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I had been putting off looking at 4Runners as I wait for the BS I ordered. The pushback to 11/3 is likely the nail in the coffin for the BS. If I find a suitable 4Runner I'll go that route and I'll be done with Ford for at least another few years. I won't putting another order for BS or Bronco.
Getting 4Runner for me locally w/o dealer shenanigans was a non-starter. They are in demand and in short supply because of that among other things. And there is quite a bit of over MSRP going there too. It could be market related but I thought I'd mention it. Best of luck.

Deanh

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Today we saw that our Est Delivery date bumped from 10/31/21 to 11/3! My friend (gen sales mgr @ dealership) got on the phone w/ his Ford rep, and what he told me was "ALL my Bronco Sports and everyone elses (outside his dealership) have been moved to "on hold"... Base, BB, and OB (Mine was BL). I have 9 at the pant that just changed to that status"...

I ordered mine Jan 25th, I never imagined having to wait this long, even sold my car b/c the dealership was desperate for inventory & made me a great offer. Only thought I'd have to go another month on one-vehicle. I really want my Bronco (it's the only vehicle I wanted), but I don't know if I can wait. If I get something else I'll just be disappointed. ?
I feel your pain...My Badlands was ordered Feb1. Car was built last week...now its sitting outside fending off hot Mexcian sunlight waiting for a damn chip....eta Oct 31!...Ive had rims and Tires in our Parts Dept for 2 months!...and FWIW I literally work at a Ford Dealership!

Last edited:

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I understand the frustration but you can’t really shun Ford for things out of their control. They rely on parts manufacturers to supply parts to build cars and when the manufacturers don’t have the parts to supply Ford to build the cars, you know the rest…
I've got another post where I lay out my reasoning for blaming Ford I won't redo that here.

I won't necessarily "shun" FORD, I just won't be ordering anything from them. The waiting thing is not what I am good at. In fact, once I get past the "impulse buy" stage my interest starts fading pretty quickly. I'm very good at not wanting what I can't have.

If I buy something else, example: 4Runner, then that takes me out of a buying cycle for a few years until I'm ready to buy again. The risk to Ford is that I may like Toyota so much, I never buy another Ford and instead stay with Toyota. Do they care, you be the judge.

Can this change, sure it can. Here's a some ways Ford can take charge of the issue.
1. Offer some reason for waiting, bigger rebate, bonus points, free extended warranty, etc..
2. Roll back the price increase that happened while we waited. As it stands my sticker price is $540 higher than when I ordered and my dealer says that I have to pay that increase. Notice that this wipes out the $500 rebate I am eligible for and puts me $40 in the hole. Alas, I and others ordered "too early" for the $1000 rebate. IMHO, that would be enough for many people to "shun" Ford forever.
3. Have an End of Model Year discount as is typical for fall sales. Off the cuff this is usually 10-15%
4. Load the long haulers up with swag, hats, t-shirts, can coolers, etc.

Now personally can my mind be changed? Sure it can. She who will not be denied can force me to buy it. :)

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Ordered 3/13. Production date has been pushed 4x now to 9/13. Are there other part shortages that we aren’t fully aware of besides the chips? In some way I feel lucky my vehicle won’t be sitting waiting completion, but I also feel like I will never have it built. OB, OB package. No tow.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford has more buyers then units to sell and that will be the case probably rest of this year going into '22. Until they have more units then buyers they are not going to provide incentives for ppl who have waited 1/2 year or more. If ppl bail from special orders there is a long line of other ppl waiting to buy. Sellers market...

Gatordog69

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sport BB
I feel all your pain but I have to be honest. My wife wanted a BS after seeing it on the highway. We went to dealership. They said we have one take it or leave it and we took it. Done deal in a couple hours of normal bull haggle. Three people were looking at it while we did the paperwork hoping we bailed on it.
Was it the trim she wanted. Nope. Was it the color she wanted, Nope.... but they offered her to order one but admitted probably going to be quite awhile before she saw it; if at all. I'm surprised more of yawl aren't jumping ship at this point. That's a hell of a wait. November should have the 22s landing.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
November should have the 22s landing.
'22s wont be landing in November. Ford says '22 production starts November 1 so earliest we will see a '22 is probably December or January. And I don't think parts supplier issues are going away any time soon. So for ppl who want a high option Badlands those won't be easily had for the foreseeable future....and yeah sure anyone can go find a low option Bronco Sport but not everyone wants the low option models....

Gatordog69

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sport BB
'22s wont be landing in November. Ford says '22 production starts November 1 so earliest we will see a '22 is probably December or January. And I don't think parts supplier issues are going away any time soon. So for ppl who want a high option Badlands those won't be easily had for the foreseeable future....and yeah sure anyone can go find a low option Bronco Sport but not everyone wants the low option models....
I didn't see the production estimated date for 22s, sorry about that, should have said "historically". Also I understand waiting if you must have what you ordered. My not well articulated post should have been more in the vein of seeing posts about folks going to Jeep or Toyota or Subaru instead of waiting. Wanting a specific model sometimes (nowadays) could mean a compromise. My wife did. Its not for everyone for sure. I am a Toyota guy but she didn't like the 4-runner or the Rav 4

ODucksfan17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB
I've got another post where I lay out my reasoning for blaming Ford I won't redo that here.

I won't necessarily "shun" FORD, I just won't be ordering anything from them. The waiting thing is not what I am good at. In fact, once I get past the "impulse buy" stage my interest starts fading pretty quickly. I'm very good at not wanting what I can't have.

If I buy something else, example: 4Runner, then that takes me out of a buying cycle for a few years until I'm ready to buy again. The risk to Ford is that I may like Toyota so much, I never buy another Ford and instead stay with Toyota. Do they care, you be the judge.

Can this change, sure it can. Here's a some ways Ford can take charge of the issue.
1. Offer some reason for waiting, bigger rebate, bonus points, free extended warranty, etc..
2. Roll back the price increase that happened while we waited. As it stands my sticker price is $540 higher than when I ordered and my dealer says that I have to pay that increase. Notice that this wipes out the $500 rebate I am eligible for and puts me $40 in the hole. Alas, I and others ordered "too early" for the $1000 rebate. IMHO, that would be enough for many people to "shun" Ford forever.
3. Have an End of Model Year discount as is typical for fall sales. Off the cuff this is usually 10-15%
4. Load the long haulers up with swag, hats, t-shirts, can coolers, etc.

Now personally can my mind be changed? Sure it can. She who will not be denied can force me to buy it. :)
Ford actually has done some of those things before. When the Focus ST first came out, I ordered one. There was a production delay due to the HID headlight assembly not being available. Ford sent me a GoPro, die cast model of an ST, t-shirt, keychain, and a hat.

When it comes to the BS, I just don't see Ford doing anything like that with such high demand for the vehicle. There is no question the waiting and delays are frustrating, but I'll be a happy camper once my BS finally arrives. This is about the 6th vehicle I've ordered through Ford, so I'm used to waiting.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ordered 3/13. Production date has been pushed 4x now to 9/13. Are there other part shortages that we aren’t fully aware of besides the chips? In some way I feel lucky my vehicle won’t be sitting waiting completion, but I also feel like I will never have it built. OB, OB package. No tow.
Biggest issues holding orders are
Moon/sunroof whatever you call it. People who ordered one are being offered delete options and getting broncos faster

Trim packages with 360+ demand extra chips which is putting them further behind, especially when many early trim options required the glass roof.

Badlands, can't be ordered until MY22
Tow package isn't much of an issue now they are being built. Base builds for any model are being built. If you REALLY want a bronco sport, dealers speced a LOT of Big Bend. I knew early on that would be the go to market trim. Dealers insisted it had the most bang for the buck. One dealer I worked with has 14 Big Bend, in all the color options on their lot right now. They are out there...what do you NEED is the defining statement.
It's a new vehicle. If you need what you want and what you ordered it will be a while

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Ford actually has done some of those things before. When the Focus ST first came out, I ordered one. There was a production delay due to the HID headlight assembly not being available. Ford sent me a GoPro, die cast model of an ST, t-shirt, keychain, and a hat.

When it comes to the BS, I just don't see Ford doing anything like that with such high demand for the vehicle. There is no question the waiting and delays are frustrating, but I'll be a happy camper once my BS finally arrives. This is about the 6th vehicle I've ordered through Ford, so I'm used to waiting.
Yes Ford has always been whacky with special vehicle orders long before covid. Covid supplier issues making things a lot worse. Now we are in an unprecedented vehicle shortage with Ford trying to roll out several high demand vehicles. Ford has more buyers then they need so I don't expect them to do anything because my ordered vehicle isn't being delivered in timely manner.

Eventually parts suppliers will deliver needed parts and we will eventually transition out of this seller market vehicle shortage crisis. Probably around this time next year things will be back to normal my guess.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Biggest issues holding orders are
Moon/sunroof whatever you call it. People who ordered one are being offered delete options and getting broncos faster

Trim packages with 360+ demand extra chips which is putting them further behind, especially when many early trim options required the glass roof.

Badlands, can't be ordered until MY22
Tow package isn't much of an issue now they are being built. Base builds for any model are being built. If you REALLY want a bronco sport, dealers speced a LOT of Big Bend. I knew early on that would be the go to market trim. Dealers insisted it had the most bang for the buck. One dealer I worked with has 14 Big Bend, in all the color options on their lot right now. They are out there...what do you NEED is the defining statement.
It's a new vehicle. If you need what you want and what you ordered it will be a while
My dream car was a 2021 volvo xc40 r design, all
Black, with premium sound packages added. It was going to basically require $15k down and would still be over $300-400 a month. I was going to pull the trigger. But my wife came across her OB + OB package- with moonroof, with tow. I drove it and decided I’ll order one if they knock her price down and mine as well. I got a helluva deal to get the same car in a different color. I figured hey, $15k down on a car is probably better spent elsewhere, I should get the cheaper BS, save the cash. But the Volvo had a panoramic full length moonroof. And that was one of my favorite features, so having some sort of moonroof, was a requirement for me. I’m just blown away that an order date of 3/13 has me still being pushed back, for moonroofs? How many since then have been sold to other builds?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
My dream car was a 2021 volvo xc40 r design, all
Black, with premium sound packages added. It was going to basically require $15k down and would still be over $300-400 a month. I was going to pull the trigger. But my wife came across her OB + OB package- with moonroof, with tow. I drove it and decided I’ll order one if they knock her price down and mine as well. I got a helluva deal to get the same car in a different color. I figured hey, $15k down on a car is probably better spent elsewhere, I should get the cheaper BS, save the cash. But the Volvo had a panoramic full length moonroof. And that was one of my favorite features, so having some sort of moonroof, was a requirement for me. I’m just blown away that an order date of 3/13 has me still being pushed back, for moonroofs? How many since then have been sold to other builds?
Well there is getting pushed back or you could be like me where Ford builds it then puts it in a yard in Mexico to bake in desert sun for who knows how long waiting for missing parts. So hopefully by the time they build yours they have all the parts and it ships.
Sponsored