Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Ford--perhaps out of necessity--is getting creative with ways to deal with the continuing global shortages. It is now offering Bronco (full-size) order holders money to make changes to their orders to better their chances of taking delivery in 2023.
I just watched a Long MacArthur video on that. Sounds like they want people to buy the cars that without the constrained options so they can up their production and sales. Or else their sale is also constrained.

So offer some $$ for people to buy a car those ā€œless wantedā€ cars. This is one of the reason I didnā€™t order the Bronco ā€˜cus I probably still waiting on that one with the Lux package. I guess the hardtops can be bought with after market versionā€¦and the Sasquatch package also. So for those who like a Bronco without these options, I think there is a very good chance of getting one pretty quickā€¦

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I guess the hardtops can be bought with after market versionā€¦and the Sasquatch package also. So for those who like a Bronco without these options, I think there is a very good chance of getting one pretty quickā€¦
Agreed. Although aftermarket options for these components are generally much more expensive than OEM. I suppose you can use the $2500 you get back from Ford to offset some of the costs.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Agreed. Although aftermarket options for these components are generally much more expensive than OEM. I suppose you can use the $2500 you get back from Ford to offset some of the costs.
yes indeed, the hardtop probably is the best value option for $700. that $2500 barely pay 1/2 of the after market version. maybe it would be better??

and we know from some one in this forum has done, the adaptive cruise can be added but not a simple task.

it is so unfortunate...the parts shortage for some manufacturer will likely continue the whole '23.

or...we can go buy a "now $12,000 cheaper" Tesla Model Y, then add a 2" lift and bigger tire pretend we have a new Bronco EV or an Rivian :crackup: and much cheaper. that's a separate topic...tho it is very tempting...and an offer perhaps hard to refuse? :)

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
yes indeed, the hardtop probably is the best value option for $700. that $2500 barely pay 1/2 of the after market version. maybe it would be better??

and we know from some one in this forum has done, the adaptive cruise can be added but not a simple task.

it is so unfortunate...the parts shortage for some manufacturer will likely continue the whole '23.

or...we can go buy a "now $12,000 cheaper" Tesla Model Y, then add a 2" lift and bigger tire pretend we have a new Bronco EV or an Rivian :crackup: and much cheaper. that's a separate topic...tho it is very tempting...and an offer perhaps hard to refuse? :)
Count me as one of those people that wishes they had added the ACC onto their car and regrets it. At the time it made sense, I needed a car asap. I didn't have a car and placed my order in late november and WFH was supposedly ending in March (spoiler alert: it never did....over a year later and I'm still at home saving money on gas). So when I placed my order and decided a week later I would like to add ACC my dealer told me they could but they couldn't add it to my order and would have to start a new one. Fearing I would lose my place in line I decided not to. Its a decision I still agree with.

Now I am one of those people waiting for Ford to release a module to add ACC but I imagine thats unlikely as the dealers and ford probably don't want them having that kind of liability on their books should something not get installed correctly.

Or who knows, maybe with enough demand they'll add one to their inventory.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yes, itā€™s been a shit show for a week now. Last Friday it was leaked no more Wildtraks. If you have a Wildtrak on order you can switch to a Badlands, a Outer Banks, or a Big Bend and they will give you 2500.00 in addition to any price protection you are in line for. The caveat is that you canā€™t order Sasquatch, Hardtop, or the luxury package. If you donā€™t want to switch, you can cancel your order and apply the 2500.00 to a new Ford but the are more exclusions than models you can buy. You can roll the dice, but if you donā€™t get scheduled in ā€˜23, itā€™s game over and you start the process over. The last option is to just cancel and move on. The same holds true for any order with mic top, Sasquatch, or the Lux package. Remove your sins or risk getting cancelled if not scheduled this year.

Ford Bronco Sport An offer you can't refuse? 0EF3915D-F4FD-430E-9078-D831313A99F3

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Yes, itā€™s been a shit show for a week now. Last Friday it was leaked no more Wildtraks. If you have a Wildtrak on order you can switch to a Badlands, a Outer Banks, or a Big Bend and they will give you 2500.00 in addition to any price protection you are in line for. The caveat is that you canā€™t order Sasquatch, Hardtop, or the luxury package. If you donā€™t want to switch, you can cancel your order and apply the 2500.00 to a new Ford but the are more exclusions than models you can buy. You can roll the dice, but if you donā€™t get scheduled in ā€˜23, itā€™s game over and you start the process over. The last option is to just cancel and move on. The same holds true for any order with mic top, Sasquatch, or the Lux package. Remove your sins or risk getting cancelled if not scheduled this year.

Ford Bronco Sport An offer you can't refuse? 0EF3915D-F4FD-430E-9078-D831313A99F3
They may have to do what Rivian is doing. You can now only make a "Reservation". When your turn comes up, they will tell you what's available.

what a mess these days...

Count me as one of those people that wishes they had added the ACC onto their car and regrets it.
ACC is what I want from the Lux package. so no lux package for the Bronco unless you ordered a year ago and still waiting probably. the chance of someone getting one ordering a '23 is probably slim and none. That is something on my BS that I made sure I have. come on...it's 2022-23, that is how cruise control should be now.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
They may have to do what Rivian is doing. You can now only make a "Reservation". When your turn comes up, they will tell you what's available.

what a mess these days...

ACC is what I want from the Lux package. so no lux package for the Bronco unless you ordered a year ago and still waiting probably. the chance of someone getting one ordering a '23 is probably slim and none. That is something on my BS that I made sure I have. come on...it's 2022-23, that is how cruise control should be now.
Except, thatā€™s what got them into this mess. They tried to go down the Tesla road using the reservation process. It got out of hand quick and a year later they decided to go back to the allocation model. Two years later, there are still 78k reservations open to be delivered. Oops.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This is a chaotic mess, but if you have limited 'NEEDS' and a flexible wants demand, you can make out pretty well. I would be one of those buyers, I'm pretty basic. 'problem' IS... I love my sport, and have no interest in playing the what can I buy game. and FWIW...Ford STILL isn't alone in this. Most manufacturers still dealilng with supply issues.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Funny thing is import manufacturers have been doing this for years in various ways. Want xxx option? Move up x amount of dollars to the top of the line trim package. But I don't want or need about 5k of these extras! Too bad, have a nice day. šŸ˜

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Local Honda dealer to me back before covid they had several hundred vehicles in stock and new vehicles parked in overflow lots all around town. What ever Honda you wanted they had it in stock nearly every time. Now they have very low inventory a lot of empty space no over flow lots needed. So looks like parts shortage still big issue in the industry.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
There's a Bronco Big Bend on a lot near me, sticker is $40k which is what I paid out the door for my BS BL. It's got the manual transmission and hard top, and that sweet Cactus Gray, not much else. I sent the dealer a message, just for grins. We'll see how badly they want to sell it.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Some of those Option 4's have deposits. If they really wanted people to take that option, they should have created a method to expedite the refund and say so.

Who would have ordered a Sasquatch that would consider $2,500 to not have it? There's a rare breed. I originally shopped the 4dr hardtop before shopping the Sport. So glad I switched options years ago. I even "saved" the $2,500 on my own. In fact I priced out a 2023 order; the "best similarly equipped" 2023 BL+Premium BS (decontented) is $6,000 more than I paid in 2021. I think Ford needs to offer more to those buyers than $2,500.