SandBam

Badlands
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So I just called my local dealership and they informed me there seems to be an issue with the paint alto blue. Something to the effect of the paint is highly sought after or is coming from overseas. Anyone else had this come up?
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
They are not allowing it as an orderable item now...it is a Controlled Commodity - not available for selection...

Means they do not have enough paint to do more vehicles...

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Ugh - that's the color I want - hopefully will be available for 2022 models

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
They are not allowing it as an orderable item now...it is a Controlled Commodity - not available for selection...

Means they do not have enough paint to do more vehicles...
I'm wondering how many other parts, like the cargo shelf unit, are going to have these same challenges. Likely supply chain issue brought on by the mess that is 2020.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
If we already placed our Alto Blue order weeks ago, is it affected by this? Or is this new orders only?

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
@Granger Ford Do you know if this is still an issue? My dealer wasn't able to confirm...
I'm hoping to convert my reservation to an order tomorrow morning when my dealer calls back but I'm making last minute decisions on which color to go with... Currently undecided between Alto Blue, Shadow Black, Cactus Gray, and Kodiak Brown.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Do you know if this is still an issue? My dealer wasn't able to confirm...
I'm hoping to convert my reservation to an order tomorrow morning when my dealer calls back but I'm making last minute decisions on which color to go with... Currently undecided between Alto Blue, Shadow Black, Cactus Gray, and Kodiak Brown.
And the wildcard wins it, haha. Going with carbonized gray. Seems my previous question is now irrelevant.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
And the wildcard wins it, haha. Going with carbonized gray. Seems my previous question is now irrelevant.
Lol... Carbonized Gray wasn't even listed in your original question. Nonetheless good choice and I hope you love it.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Lol I know, I did say "wildcard" - I had considered carbonized gray early on and jumped ship to the others, but ultimately I wanted a metallic & this one doesn't come with added cost. On the phone with dealer now & super excited!

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
@Shiskamba ... So was Carbonized Gray your original reservation color?

If not, does your confirmation email state the correct color?

If Carbonized Gray was the color you selected during reservation, then please disregard my question as the confirmation email should match then.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
@Shiskamba ... So was Carbonized Gray your original reservation color?

If not, does your confirmation email state the correct color?

If Carbonized Gray was the color you selected during reservation, then please disregard my question as the confirmation email should match then.
My original reservation color was shadow black, but the dealer corrected it to my new choice AFTER converting the reservation to an order. I'm still waiting for the online confirmation on my end (Ford Account) to update and reflect this, but I've seen a copy of the printed order sheet from the dealer with the correct information, so I assume it just takes time for the website to update.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Carbonized gray was my original reservation color. When I went in to place the order, I switched to Oxford white. The email confirmation from ford still showed my reservation color but the print out from ford showed the updated Oxford white. I ultimately switched back to carbonized gray..
You must really like to test how much Ford can screw things up. Lol

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
@Granger Ford Do you know if this is still an issue? My dealer wasn't able to confirm...
Sorry for the late reply
  • Alto Blue Metallic
  • Rapid Red Metallic
Get this error message on order...

Ford Bronco Sport Alto Blue Production Delay? 1601989541585
Sponsored