FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi all! New to the forum here. I’m getting a Bronco Sport Outer Banks without the factory trailer tow package.

Has anyone had success installing an aftermarket 4 pin wire harness for towing for the Bronco Sport since the one I’m getting doesn’t come with tow package??

thanks!
Sponsored

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I'm fairly certain there is either a tutorial here or a thread with a link to one on this site.
You'll just have to search for it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Someone posted a very detailed write up on here on their wiring harness install. Lots of pictures ect.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Uhaul sells a complete tow kit for the Bronco Sport. They also sell wiring kits if that's all you need, since that's what you asked about.
You can install it yourself, or they can install it for you. The pricing is reasonable.
As others have posted, yes people here have installed aftermarket towing items, hitches, wiring etc.

Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Sylvansport Go, 2012 Focus
Hi all! New to the forum here. I’m getting a Bronco Sport Outer Banks without the factory trailer tow package.

Has anyone had success installing an aftermarket 4 pin wire harness for towing for the Bronco Sport since the one I’m getting doesn’t come with tow package??

thanks!
Etrailer.com has a video of the wiring harness installation.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
OP
OP
FordGuy

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Uhaul sells a complete tow kit for the Bronco Sport. They also sell wiring kits if that's all you need, since that's what you asked about.
You can install it yourself, or they can install it for you. The pricing is reasonable.
As others have posted, yes people here have installed aftermarket towing items, hitches, wiring etc.
ya. It had me a tad worried when someone on Facebook said the electrical system would likely have dash lights coming on, etc if wiring to the tail lights like aftermarket kits do. I get the feeling he didn’t know what hewas talking about because otherwise these aftermarket kits from Reputable companies like Curt and E trailer wouldn’t have kits and how to videos for this job.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Uhaul hitch for the Bronco Sport is made by Curt. They also offer another brand, Cequent which is a group that also markets Reese tow asessories.
Sponsored