thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Illinois is the big interchange from what I understand. Lots of inputs, lots of outputs, so everything takes time there.
Sponsored

Lorri2516

Badlands
First Name
Lorri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I've had 3 different reps now tell me my car hasn't been assigned a rail car yet. Last day I checked was Friday. That one even said she didn't know which rail company yet.
My sales manager from my dealership gave me my rail car number. I just call CSX and Norfolk southern every day to see where it is at.

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Ford tracker still not updating in real time it seems. Used ford chat to see what was happening with my build since itā€™s been sitting in production since 7/7. Was one scheduled for build week of 7/4.

The representativeā€™s first response was it was still being produced(looked at ford tracker). I asked if there is anything holding it up? They then asked for another second and checked a second system? They stated the car is already produced. I asked if the car is completely built and the rep said yes.

If your tracker is stuck in production for more then a week Iā€™d contact ford to See if you can get an update and maybe an ETA to your dealership.

OP
OP
Jenbeth

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husbandā€™s F-150
Ford tracker still not updating in real time it seems. Used ford chat to see what was happening with my build since itā€™s been sitting in production since 7/7. Was one scheduled for build week of 7/4.

The representativeā€™s first response was it was still being produced(looked at ford tracker). I asked if there is anything holding it up? They then asked for another second and checked a second system? They stated the car is already produced. I asked if the car is completely built and the rep said yes.

If your tracker is stuck in production for more then a week Iā€™d contact ford to See if you can get an update and maybe an ETA to your dealership.
As youā€™ve probably read in this thread, weā€™re all in that same state of limbo. It seems like everyone built/produced in July.

OP
OP
Jenbeth

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, and disheartening, post from the Bronco Nation forum. Going to post in Waiting Room, too.

Ford Bronco Sport 6/27 Build Week 969936BE-6941-4D32-9D98-70A7C1B3964A

OP
OP
Jenbeth

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, and disheartening, post from the Bronco Nation forum. Going to post in Waiting Room, too.

Ford Bronco Sport 6/27 Build Week 969936BE-6941-4D32-9D98-70A7C1B3964A
This, tooā€¦

Ford Bronco Sport 6/27 Build Week D58782DA-BBBA-4C95-8F8E-2B255B4FC54D

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I finally got a rail car number but my car is in Lordstown, Ohio as of Friday! That means it's an hour from my house. I wish I knew a way to track it from there.

KatieF34

Outer Banks
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

KatieF34

Outer Banks
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm not sure there is a point to tracking the train anymore? It's already arrived an hour from my house. Surely there can't be any train journey left?
unfortunately, I'm not there yet.. but I doubt it! Not sure if anyone else has any info on how to track after the train part.

OP
OP
Jenbeth

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I had someone on FordChat who was very helpful and gave the number for the New Vehicle Support team. The person I spoke to was very helpful, and in an effort to save you having to make the call yourself, I will summarize what I was told and what I was able to glean from the conversation.

My vehicle has been officially built and is NOT on hold waiting for any parts. That is what ā€œIn Production-Processedā€ means, they will not use the term built.

It has NOT completed itā€™s final inspection which has to happen before it can be put on a convoy to the rail yard. I pushed on that and can pretty much assume that process will not happen until production starts back up next week. At that point I will be able to get a rail car number, but not until then. My status on the tracker will not update until that inspection is complete, either.

I was specifically told and asked in multiple different ways that my car is NOT on hold for any missing parts or for not passing a quality inspection.

My ETA has not changed from 8/5-8/11, but was reminded that is an estimate and is subject to change.

I hope this helps some of you in the same boat as me. I firmly believe that we are all in this same status because of the plant shutdown.

KatieF34

Outer Banks
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Okay, I had someone on FordChat who was very helpful and gave the number for the New Vehicle Support team. The person I spoke to was very helpful, and in an effort to save you having to make the call yourself, I will summarize what I was told and what I was able to glean from the conversation.

My vehicle has been officially built and is NOT on hold waiting for any parts. That is what ā€œIn Production-Processedā€ means, they will not use the term built.

It has NOT completed itā€™s final inspection which has to happen before it can be put on a convoy to the rail yard. I pushed on that and can pretty much assume that process will not happen until production starts back up next week. At that point I will be able to get a rail car number, but not until then. My status on the tracker will not update until that inspection is complete, either.

I was specifically told and asked in multiple different ways that my car is NOT on hold for any missing parts or for not passing a quality inspection.

My ETA has not changed from 8/5-8/11, but was reminded that is an estimate and is subject to change.

I hope this helps some of you in the same boat as me. I firmly believe that we are all in this same status because of the plant shutdown.
Thanks for the update! Hopefully we'll all see some movement a week from today!

Tink27

Badlands
First Name
Judi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

Thanks for making the call!

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
Okay, I had someone on FordChat who was very helpful and gave the number for the New Vehicle Support team. The person I spoke to was very helpful, and in an effort to save you having to make ........
Thanks for the summary and effort!

It really just unlucky timing with this shutdown - we all were worried if we'd even make it out before the shutdown. It feels like it's not a coincidence that this mysterious delay is happening overlapped with the shutdown, especially given that it seemed they were in a decent groove at getting vehicles out leading up to it. But, it's almost worse knowing it's built, but hopefully with your latest info, it means it'll be buttoned up and shipped out pretty quickly after operations return to normal (whatever that means šŸ˜†).
Sponsored