$500 is accessory cash, anyone know about it?

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would normally qualify for the First Responder $500 promotion, but when I asked about it when I picked up my Bronco Sport in mid April, the dealer told me that Ford excluded the Bronco Sport from that off. However, as a consolation, they came up with promotion #38158 offering $500 in accessories. Left me with the impression that #38158 was a secret card that they could play if they had to. If I had not asked about the First Responder promotion, I believe they would have kept their mouth shut. Anyway, the accessories guy was great to work with, had all the accessories in stock and even installed them all for me. I got the rubber floor mats, which are just great, and a bunch of other stuff. Plus they gave me another $500 in Ford Pass points (I know......worth about a dollar, LOL).

So don't be shy. Ask about promotion #38158 at purchase. Even if you've already taken your BS home, call the dealer and ask about it. You might be pleasantly surprised by the response.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your stories and all the info.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just yesterday after negotiating my trade the dealer stuck in an unexpected $500 rebate not tied to financing on my BL + BL. It showed up when they sent me the final deal paperwork. Can't complain about that!
In reputable dealerships you walk out the door with a copy of your buyers order and signed contract. Most of the time in dealerships that don't disclose the deal on the spot, the surprises are not good.

aryus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Bought my BB 4/2 off the lot and received $500 rebate. Dealer called a few weeks later about the accessory $500 and we managed to get the order in for body side molding and Thule crossbars before 1 month had passed from date of vehicle purchase. Dealer told me that was the deadline for the free accessories.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
1000 after 4/1

Ford Bronco Sport $500 is accessory cash, anyone know about it? 20210617_064556

Dedbolt

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS, 2013 Harley Switchback
Ordered mine 04/17 and picked it up today. Got $1,000 rebate and the $500 acessory cash.

Uncle bob

Badlands
First Name
Bucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 09 F150 Lariat,69 Lincoln Mk3
I am scheduled to pick up my OB on Tuesday. Hopefully the dealer is aware of this deal.

Thanks
I called Ford and they told me NOT available in Illinois

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
We got ours about 2wks ago -in south texas - off the lot (only one withing 150 miles of us haha) but we got set up with ford pass at the dealership with their help - said in a week or so the balance (rebate) would go through there and we could use it for accessories, oil changes etc... our financing has always been through army navy - dunno if that helps anyone

OBJAUNBRONKOBI

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I got 500 rebate not with ford finance, and later I got my 42000 points but my dealer didn't told me how to exchange those points in accessories, I already bought some accessories but paying with my money hahaha. How I can use those points for accessories?
Go to parts department tell them you’d like to make a purchase with points. They’ll send you over to a service guy who will type up a R/O or “work order” for you. Then you’ll take that back to parts. I used some of my points on some bronco stuff and that was my experience with that.

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That's what I got...$500 rebate at purchase, got ford pass and scanned the window sticker barcode and got $210 to use for service or accessories. I ended up buying the floor mats, mud flaps, front hood Aerogd
uard, rear bumper guard, rain guards, towing wire harness, and the fender flares. Just need to find a hitch now
I'm not sure if you're thinking aftermarket, but if you go to YouTube, you'll find it's a miserable installation.
You have to almost remove the entire rear-end and cut clearance from the heat guard for the catalytic converter. I decided to find one factory installed.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'm not sure if you're thinking aftermarket, but if you go to YouTube, you'll find it's a miserable installation.
You have to almost remove the entire rear-end and cut clearance from the heat guard for the catalytic converter. I decided to find one factory installed.
Huh?

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You said you just needed a hitch. I looked into buying one and doing it myself. It's a crazy amount of work. There are hitches available, but you have to really tear into the rear-end to install one. Watch a YouTube video. It can be done, but at 73 yrs. old I decided to find a BSOB with the hitch package.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
You said you just needed a hitch. I looked into buying one and doing it myself. It's a crazy amount of work. There are hitches available, but you have to really tear into the rear-end to install one. Watch a YouTube video. It can be done, but at 73 yrs. old I decided to find a BSOB with the hitch package.
I was questioning the "cut clearance from the heat guard " issue. In the vids I watched (this one in particular) you had to trim a small square on the lower valance to account for the hitch protruding out. This cut is even marked on the inner plastic so you know exactly where to cut.

Easy enough, but I understand if folks want to have it done. The trailer wiring has to be tapped into the factory wiring as well. Some folks are not savvy with wiring.
Sponsored