Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
“Then they also de-tune to reduce drive train failures. So usually that leaves a ton of room for after market tunes to add a lot of power especially turbo engines.”
“Drive train failures”
There is no replacement for displacement.
My little 1.5L 3 banger gets around just fine. If stock means I’m more likely to get longevity then I rest my case. ;’P
Sponsored

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I can’t see the 3 cyl going strong with a tune for long, especially with the added heat. The motor already feels like Ford wrung the shit out of it.

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I can’t see the 3 cyl going strong with a tune for long, especially with the added heat. The motor already feels like Ford wrung the shit out of it.
I mild tune shouldnt harm it provided you have the supporting mods and correct fueling (93, e85 etc)

I had a stock motor srt4 that was pushing about 460hp on a pte6262 for 3 years before I sold it. I daily drove it and probably put about 15k a year on it. The engine had 65k before I went big turbo and that engine is dated beyond belief. With new tech, direct and port injection it isn't to crazy to think itll be reliable.

The key is a good tuner and good fuel.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
My gti/Rs were tuned and driven daily. Never an issue. I don’t have that same confidence in these motors. Dealers can also see the flash. Ford is hard enough to get warrantable items warranteed.

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My gti/Rs were tuned and driven daily. Never an issue. I don’t have that same confidence in these motors. Dealers can also see the flash. Ford is hard enough to get warrantable items warranteed.
Thats fair!

That is one of the reasons I am waiting for my warranty to be up before hand also I want some companies to get some more time in when tuning them.

Luckily we have a full sized bronco on the way, my winter car and my wifes mk7 gli.

This thing will become my fuel efficient overlander.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
These things aren’t that fuel efficient with an overland setup. I get same mpg as my V6 Tacoma with the 2.0. I can’t imagine it being any better on the 1.5L with lift, tires, weight etc

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
These things aren’t that fuel efficient with an overland setup. I get same mpg as my V6 Tacoma with the 2.0. I can’t imagine it being any better on the 1.5L with lift, tires, weight etc
You would be surprised I have my 245/65/17 toyos on fifteen52s and still managed to get around 29mpg while driving to bryson city with cruise control on. The 1.5" lift may add some resistance when installed but I would still be happy if it stays above 24. I am sure itll still get better mpg than our four door full size with the sasquatch package.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i'm in agreement with this. I'm sure a mild tune would be ok, but i'm not risking it personally. mine drives too nice with no issues.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mild tune shouldnt harm it provided you have the supporting mods and correct fueling (93, e85 etc)

I had a stock motor srt4 that was pushing about 460hp on a pte6262 for 3 years before I sold it. I daily drove it and probably put about 15k a year on it. The engine had 65k before I went big turbo and that engine is dated beyond belief. With new tech, direct and port injection it isn't to crazy to think itll be reliable.

The key is a good tuner and good fuel.
Also had an 04 srt4. rocket ship even in stock form, couldn't imagine with a precision turbo on there.

tuning is meant for some applications, i would say street cars/sport compact/new era muscle etc. didn't buy the bronco sport for speed. that's just me tho.

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Also had an 04 srt4. rocket ship even in stock form, couldn't imagine with a precision turbo on there.

tuning is meant for some applications, i would say street cars/sport compact/new era muscle etc. didn't buy the bronco sport for speed. that's just me tho.
I dont disagree I will say there have been some situations where a little more power and tq would be nice

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont disagree I will say there have been some situations where a little more power and tq would be nice
agreed. 2 adults, 150lb dog, rtt and all our camping gear going up mountain roads, coulda been a nice lil extra push.

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
agreed. 2 adults, 150lb dog, rtt and all our camping gear going up mountain roads, coulda been a nice lil extra push.
I feel the struggle!

Purebred rott and an 80lb beagle rott mix dont help but the bronco still does pretty well in the mountains when we go to north carolina.

MY issues is coming from a boosted kswapped frs, big turbo srt4, audi s4 it is a little strange to get used to the power. Our lease was up with my last car so I needed a car and the closed the orders off on the badlands plus with a 6 year old leather is nice.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I bought '05 SRT4 brand new. I put a bend in the waste gate arm to got another 2 PSI boost from that. Gapped plugs down added catch can. Super impressive car. After 11 years sold to my son who still owns it.

ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I bought '05 SRT4 brand new. I put a bend in the waste gate arm to got another 2 PSI boost from that. Gapped plugs down added catch can. Super impressive car. After 11 years sold to my son who still owns it.
It was a fun car only downside was the poop engineering with rattles and rust

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
memory lane. there were some cool compact sports cars from that era ......
Sponsored