Whatheheck

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport, 21Mustang GT
Today driving on IH-35 San Antonio to Austin cruising 75 to 85 with 15 MPH tailwind 35 MPG, unbelievable.
I wish I could have the same power train in the sport !
Sponsored

tristanm228

Big Bend
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
180 HP is alot out of a 1.5 already, I wouldn't want to risk shortening the engine lifespan by trying to put out even more horsepower out of it. Besides, I got a Bronco Sport to have something that is capable when the pavement ends, not to go fast, otherwise I would of gotten a Mustang.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Today driving on IH-35 San Antonio to Austin cruising 75 to 85 with 15 MPH tailwind 35 MPG, unbelievable.
I wish I could have the same power train in the sport !
I'm not getting something. Were you driving your Bronco Sport or something else?

Whatheheck

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport, 21Mustang GT
Sorry I got OT, I was driving a 2020 EB Mustang.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
These tunes are one of the main reasons I won’t buy a used vehicle.
Guy spends a thousand to make his little engine feel powerful,
He will play with that power, with all of it.
He trades it in, next owner gets an engine that was pushed to the limit, basically beat on. No thanks

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Exactly. I am not sure what the stock and tuned boost pressures are on the Dragon, but on the Civic, stock boost is 16.5 psi and the stage 2 tune that I ran was 21psi. That was just the built in canned tune without messing with any of the options available with the software. I am going to order an 87, 89 and 93 tune from 5 star for my Bronco Sport.
Let us know your results!

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
IMO no one buy a BS, even the BL, which I chose for myself, wanting a sport car. BS is expected to take you comfortably were a sport car cannot take you. If you wanted a real sport 4X4 you should had opted for a Raptor or TRX. In the BL I can give the run for her money against my wife and her 365hp Explorer Sport, and she likes speed.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
MARK S, Be a good dad, make sure she gets rid of it once the warranty is up. BMW and no warranty or free maintenance = $$$$$$$$ especially an M series. Hopefully she leased it so she can use the best of it and turn it in.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
These tunes are one of the main reasons I won’t buy a used vehicle.
Guy spends a thousand to make his little engine feel powerful,
He will play with that power, with all of it.
He trades it in, next owner gets an engine that was pushed to the limit, basically beat on. No thanks
A lot of ppl put on tunes and a lot of other aftermarket parts beat the vehicle every single day then return vehicle to stock sell it to carmax. Next owner left with a beat up car. Happens all the time.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
A lot of ppl put on tunes and a lot of other aftermarket parts beat the vehicle every single day then return vehicle to stock sell it to carmax. Next owner left with a beat up car. Happens all the time.
Some, the least, like me, had the car for several years, I just sold my 2003 Durango with all alterations in it. Who got it knew what he was taking! I believe is the way to do it, any other way is cheating.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is especially true for "sports" cars. There are a lot of owners in the Mustang EcoBoost community who believe the 2.3L EcoBoost engine is poorly engineered because one is likely to spread itself all over the pavement if you modify the software so it produces over 400 hp. CAN it be modified to produce over 400 hp? Yeah, sure. Top-fuel dragster engines can be made to produce over 10,000 hp. Then again, they're rebuilt after every race.

I pointed out time and again there is only a single auto manufacturer in the world with a production 4 cyl engine making more than 400 hp. It can be done, but the engineering is neither cheap nor easy. I'll never understand how some of these folks think they can just slap a few bolt on modifications, rewrite the PCM software and get 400 reliable horsepower out of a 4 cyl engine.

Here's some advice from your old uncle Mark: If you're thinking about buying a used EcoBoost Mustang think twice. Take it to a dealership and have them check to see if the software has been modified (they can tell). You don't want to buy a car that has been lovingly cared for by a "performance enthusiast."

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
This is especially true for "sports" cars. There are a lot of owners in the Mustang EcoBoost community who believe the 2.3L EcoBoost engine is poorly engineered because one is likely to spread itself all over the pavement if you modify the software so it produces over 400 hp. CAN it be modified to produce over 400 hp? Yeah, sure. Top-fuel dragster engines can be made to produce over 10,000 hp. Then again, they're rebuilt after every race.

I pointed out time and again there is only a single auto manufacturer in the world with a production 4 cyl engine making more than 400 hp. It can be done, but the engineering is neither cheap nor easy. I'll never understand how some of these folks think they can just slap a few bolt on modifications, rewrite the PCM software and get 400 reliable horsepower out of a 4 cyl engine.

Here's some advice from your old uncle Mark: If you're thinking about buying a used EcoBoost Mustang think twice. Take it to a dealership and have them check to see if the software has been modified (they can tell). You don't want to buy a car that has been lovingly cared for by a "performance enthusiast."
That and the 2.3 ecoboost eng block weaker then 2.0 block, weaker side webbing, weaker water jackets, weaker top deck, that makes a lot of sense right? So there are ppl out there, Focus RS, Focus ST, use 2.0 block with 2.3 crank forged rods pistons now you got stout short block. Companies out there selling 2.0 blocks with 2.3 rotating assemblies ready to bolt in. You can get over 400 hp that will live but it cost four times more then a V8 build. Like the Honda guys building fast 4 cyl it can be done but it crazy expensive and dollar per hp is way out of whack.