Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Full suspension travel was checked. With this set up, the tire works with no rubbing. And my comment about giving up wheel travel was based on me out looking it over with a tape measure. I don’t actually think I did.
Roger that. If you were able to move the suspension throughout its full range of travel that means by definition you have not given up any wheel travel due to the tires, which is what I thought you meant. I see now you were referring to the lift kit. If I'm not mistaken, this kit utilizes spacers to achieve the lift. That means you still have same springs, shocks, and struts, so suspension travel should not have changed. If I understand the way spacers work, all they do is lift the unibody higher off the suspension.
Sponsored

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
The Bronco Sport trail rig concept vehicle runs 31" BFG KM3 tires (mud terrain), it also runs 1" lift.

Yeah - I think it’s always been acknowledged that one could get 31” tires to work. The thought was that it would come at the cost of the structural integrity of the vehicle. In my experience, that’s not the case.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Sorry, just to clarify, you cycled the suspension but did you turn the wheel lock to lock when it was compressed?

When I did that there was very little clearance between the tire and the weld flange. The reduced wheel offset and the spacer definitely reduces that clearance but my tires measure 29” diameter.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Sorry, just to clarify, you cycled the suspension but did you turn the wheel lock to lock when it was compressed?

When I did that there was very little clearance between the tire and the weld flange. The reduced wheel offset and the spacer definitely reduces that clearance but my tires measure 29” diameter.
Looks nice! Enjoy!

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Pretty sure we put it through the full ringer and it works just fine. Fits, completely safe, and delivered what I was looking for.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
I wonder how that kit would work with 245/65r17s and the stock wheels? Not looking to trim but intrigued by the potential. Yours looks great!

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder how that kit would work with 245/65r17s and the stock wheels? Not looking to trim but intrigued by the potential. Yours looks great!
I bet it would look great, and I suspect you would not need any trimming at all.

Robert Flavor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2000 Kawasaki KLR650
Looks great. I'd really love if you could do some offroading so we know how the performance/clearance is there. Pictures if you do!

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. I'd really love if you could do some offroading so we know how the performance/clearance is there. Pictures if you do!
Yeah - I want to, as well, but it's going to be a bit before I can get around to it. This is my son's car...these modifications were a birthday present for him. He's coming home soon to swap back for this and take it back to college. So - yes - at some point, we'll get it out for some fun, but not sure when that will be.

milamookie

Badlands
First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You mentioned the 17" with 25 offset on your Fuel Zephyr wheels but what is your wheel width? Hard to do fitment assessments without knowing the width along with offset. Thanks!

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mentioned the 17" with 25 offset on your Fuel Zephyr wheels but what is your wheel width? Hard to do fitment assessments without knowing the width along with offset. Thanks!
These are 17x8.5 wheels

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
al wisdom also claims that this size tire would be far to heavy for the BS. I can also definitively state that this is not the case...at least for the Badlands. I probably
Looks nice! Enjoy!
Damn Delm, you hit me with Tire and Garage Envy...

RR

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport, '20 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4

Any issues when it comes to RPM and Power loss due to the larger tires?

How about road noise? Any increase there?

Finally, can you post a picture of the tread design?

Thanks!
Sponsored