245/65/17 on big bend stock ride height with gatorback mudflaps.

Free Big Bend

Big Bend
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Edition
got yelled at today at my local tire kingdom for trying to order a set of 245/65/17 for my big bend. even though I've see multiple posts of people running the 245s on the big bend on stock ride height can somebody reassure me for my sanity that these are the correct Ko2s other owners are getting.
https://www.townfairtire.com/brand/tires/bfgoodrich/all-terrain-t~a-ko2/245~65r17d/52433/
i havent found anybody running the gatorback mudflaps which is my only concern atm.
also im on the grey stock rims like the one in the pic for reference

Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 on big bend stock ride height with gatorback mudflaps. ce73ba1e-ae2c-4d5b-83da-8012c86f80cd-jpe
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
245/65R17 is not an OEM size for this vehicle. The largest OEM tire is 235/65/17.

Many members here have confirmed 245/65R17 tires may be mounted without concern for interference with suspension parts or wheel wells, but some tire shops balk—likely for liability concerns—at mounting any sizes other than OEM recommended. You may need to find a different shop willing to mount sizes other than OEM recommended.

OP
OP
Free Big Bend

Free Big Bend

Big Bend
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
245/65R17 is not an OEM size for this vehicle. The largest OEM tire is 235/65/17.

Many members here have confirmed 245/65R17 tires may be mounted without concern for interference with suspension parts or wheel wells, but some tire shops balk—likely for liability concerns—at mounting any sizes other than OEM recommended. You may need to find a different shop willing to mount sizes other than OEM recommended.
yeah the guy wouldnt even go over 225, im going to try another store but im limited to tire kingdom due to my comapnies fleet program.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The 235/65R17 is an option for the Badlands; I'm not sure if that's true for the Big Bend.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
My local Discount Tire had no problem or concern mounting my 235/65-17 Michelin Cross Climate 2s on my Big Bend. Cheers!

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
yeah the guy wouldnt even go over 225, im going to try another store but im limited to tire kingdom due to my comapnies fleet program.
Is your company paying for the new tires?

If it is a fleet vehicle then that’s probably the reason why they are saying no. They have to send that work in to your fleet management company for approval.

OP
OP
Free Big Bend

Free Big Bend

Big Bend
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your company paying for the new tires?

If it is a fleet vehicle then that’s probably the reason why they are saying no. They have to send that work in to your fleet management company for approval.
my fleet manager is aware of the situation, also recommended me to go to a different store. it seemed like the guy at tire kingdom just didnt want our money...

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
my fleet manager is aware of the situation, also recommended me to go to a different store. it seemed like the guy at tire kingdom just didnt want our money...
Could be. I just wondered about how your company handles the fleet. My last company contracted with Element to run our fleet, so Element controlled all aspects of repairs and maintenance. Our company fleet administrator had no bearing on what Element ultimately decided.

I would just start calling around to Tire Kingdoms or other tire shops you can visit and set the appointment before you go.

OP
OP
Free Big Bend

Free Big Bend

Big Bend
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could be. I just wondered about how your company handles the fleet. My last company contracted with Element to run our fleet, so Element controlled all aspects of repairs and maintenance. Our company fleet administrator had no bearing on what Element ultimately decided.

I would just start calling around to Tire Kingdoms or other tire shops you can visit and set the appointment before you go.
also my company is the ones who recommended all terrains in the first place because im on dirt roads in the everglades everyday

lordwally

Big Bend
First Name
wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport

Got my 235/65/17 at Le Schawb with no problem, you might get bigger tires.

Squatzzz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have 245/70/17 and they are perfectly fine with no lift. Also a Big Bend

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
got yelled at today at my local tire kingdom for trying to order a set of 245/65/17 for my big bend. even though I've see multiple posts of people running the 245s on the big bend on stock ride height can somebody reassure me for my sanity that these are the correct Ko2s other owners are getting.
https://www.townfairtire.com/brand/tires/bfgoodrich/all-terrain-t~a-ko2/245~65r17d/52433/
i havent found anybody running the gatorback mudflaps which is my only concern atm.
also im on the grey stock rims like the one in the pic for reference

Ford Bronco Sport 245/65/17 on big bend stock ride height with gatorback mudflaps. ce73ba1e-ae2c-4d5b-83da-8012c86f80cd-jpe
Well that is my BS in the photo and they are indeed 245-65-17's. I'm not sure what the gatorback mud flaps look like or how they mount but the factory Ford mudflats have been zero concern with these tires for the past 10,000 miles or so.
Sponsored