RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That just reconfirms Ford dropped the ball. The BS can't really tow anything worth towing except for motorcycles, jet skis or a side by side.
The Maverick at least has decent towing capacity.

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That just reconfirms Ford dropped the ball. The BS can't really tow anything worth towing except for motorcycles, jet skis or a side by side.
Worse: The Escape with the 2.0 I4 can tow MORE than the BS. Which is total BS.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Just the way it is with short wheelbase vehicles.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
The Escape can tow 3500 Lbs and the Maverick 4000 Lbs. The Sports HOSS tuned offroad suspension is why the towing capacity is less.
The lower trims of the BS don't have that suspension, so why can't they tow more?

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Personally I’m not interested in towing anything more than 2k lbs with my BS. So I’d rather have the 1.5L engine and the great gas mileage. If I needed to tow more, I would get a Ranger or an explorer if needed an SUV

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Because they have the 1.5L
Personally I’m not interested in towing anything more than 2k lbs with my BS. So I’d rather have the 1.5L engine and the great gas mileage. If I needed to tow more, I would get a Ranger or an explorer if needed an SUV
The tradeoff for gutless acceleration while merging into traffic at speed and the requisite danger that presents is higher MPG and lower payload capacity.

No thanks. I don't care about MPG if it compromises my safety. I do care about not getting creamed by a semi bearing down on me as I get onto I95.

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The tradeoff for gutless acceleration while merging into traffic at speed and the requisite danger that presents is higher MPG and lower payload capacity.

No thanks. I don't care about MPG if it compromises my safety. I do care about not getting creamed by a semi bearing down on me as I get onto I95.
I understand your point of view and would agree if the 1.5L performed how you’ve described it. But my experience with it is nowhere close to gutless acceleration merging onto the interstate. It is quite peppy actually even in eco mode. I‘ve merged into heavy traffic multiple times with ease and zero danger. Many others with the 1.5l have said the same on this forum.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I understand your point of view and would agree if the 1.5L performed how you’ve described it. But my experience with it is nowhere close to gutless acceleration merging onto the interstate. It is quite peppy actually even in eco mode. I‘ve merged into heavy traffic multiple times with ease and zero danger. Many others with the 1.5l have said the same on this forum.
I've owned both. The 1.5 in nothing compared to the 2.0.......

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I’m not saying that the 2.0L doesn’t have substantially more power. I’m just saying the 1.5L is not underpowered and certainly not dangerous.

Orangejuice

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BS OW
Congratulations to you both who figured out the 2.0 has more power…

Imo i have no issues with the power from my 1.5 big bend. 90% of my driving is highways. Even with my 500lb utility trailer attached i don’t feel scared from lack of power.

Its certainly not a race car or even considered fast but to say its dangerous is a stretch
Sponsored