2023 Heritage Limited Reverse Groan?

Sport Fan

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport HLE
Hi -
I'm considering trading in my 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks for a 2023 Heritage Limited. Does the Heritage Limited model "groan" in reverse? Also, does having the 2.0L engine eliminate the current fuel injector recall issues?

I love the style and ride of my Outer Banks, but these issues are very disappointing!

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The 2.0L engine has not been subject to any recalls. Personal preference, but after owning a Big Bend, I hate the way the 1.5L drives compared to my Badlands now.

Brake moan is from Ford's semi metallic pads that are used on all trims of the Sport. You won't escape that issue from the factory no matter what you buy. I hear replacing with ceramic pads should totally eliminate the noise issues with a few performance trade offs.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
The 2.0L engine has not been subject to any recalls. Personal preference, but after owning a Big Bend, I hate the way the 1.5L drives compared to my Badlands now.

Brake moan is from Ford's semi metallic pads that are used on all trims of the Sport. You won't escape that issue from the factory no matter what you buy. I hear replacing with ceramic pads should totally eliminate the noise issues with a few performance trade offs.
The fix is definitely the back rubber caliper bushing and it is covered by ford . Got mine done8 months ago and no noises. Had two ford mechanic in my driveway yesterday changing oil on my bride’s suv . And they confirmed, and said that that is the only fix all the rest is nonsense.

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Heritage Limited Reverse Groan? IMG_0819

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi -
I'm considering trading in my 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks for a 2023 Heritage Limited. Does the Heritage Limited model "groan" in reverse? Also, does having the 2.0L engine eliminate the current fuel injector recall issues?

I love the style and ride of my Outer Banks, but these issues are very disappointing!

Thanks for your input!
I have a 2022 Big Bend. When I back out of the garage, I get one groan. After that, not a sound.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Mines dont groan in reverse so not every sport has that issue.

Reactions: Jrl

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi -

Thanks for your input!
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Ltd
I'm in a 23 HLE also. <2k miles, but no reverse brake groan at (yet)

My understanding is that the fuel injector recall doesn't apply to the 2.0s

Would be glad to have another HLE on the forum!

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I'm in a 23 HLE also. <2k miles, but no reverse brake groan at (yet)

My understanding is that the fuel injector recall doesn't apply to the 2.0s

Would be glad to have another HLE on the forum!
On my first edition 2021 cactus gray it did not happen until month 16 and then only did it little but was not correct, at that time the mobile team from Shults ford south came to my home and did a change to new rubber caliper bushings, no noise since. At that time I had only maybe 3000 miles. We have other cars that are used .
Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Heritage Limited Reverse Groan? IMG_0819

OP
OP

Sport Fan

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport HLE
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Hi -
Thanks very much for reaching out and for your offer to assist.

UPDATE:
I had TSB 23-2041 completed several weeks ago and thankfully, the reverse "groan" is nearly gone - I've only heard it once, so far.

As for the fuel injector issue - I had a tentative appointment to have this recall addressed in early July. I called my local dealer yesterday and was told that they don't have ANY fix kits.

I would very much appreciate it if you could arrange to have these fuel injector kits made available to Serra Ford Farmington Hills - hoping you can help!

Thanks very much to all who have given input - I appreciate it!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi -
Thanks very much for reaching out and for your offer to assist.

UPDATE:
I had TSB 23-2041 completed several weeks ago and thankfully, the reverse "groan" is nearly gone - I've only heard it once, so far.

As for the fuel injector issue - I had a tentative appointment to have this recall addressed in early July. I called my local dealer yesterday and was told that they don't have ANY fix kits.

I would very much appreciate it if you could arrange to have these fuel injector kits made available to Serra Ford Farmington Hills - hoping you can help!

Thanks very much to all who have given input - I appreciate it!
If you need help from the Ford member, hover over their avatar, then select "start conversation".

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
We had a '22 big bend that had the moan from the rear brakes but our '23 HEL does not.
Sponsored