2023 Climate Controls

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Apparently, the digital temperature display has been removed from the temperature control knob in newer Sports. Can it be assumed, or can anyone confirm that the temperature will now display on the 8" touchscreen?

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls 2021-ford-bronco-sport-9

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls 2022-ford-bronco-sport-big-bend-carbonized-gray-metallic-22
These don't appear to be the same climate control system anyway, the lower panel is not dual-zone auto climate control. But yes, the digital window on these 2 knobs has been deleted. A shame, I think. Adjustments of course display in the screen, but I'll be surprised if there is any steady-state display there (i.e. all the time). The digital knobs ARE useful.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Adjustments of course display in the screen, but I'll be surprised if there is any steady-state display there (i.e. all the time).
The selected temp is displayed in the upper corners all the time.

OP
OP
GOAT Mode

GOAT Mode

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Sport Big Bend
These don't appear to be the same climate control system anyway, the lower panel is not dual-zone auto climate control. But yes, the digital window on these 2 knobs has been deleted. A shame, I think. Adjustments of course display in the screen, but I'll be surprised if there is any steady-state display there (i.e. all the time). The digital knobs ARE useful.
I found this on Ford's website. 8" display indicating dual-zone temperature settings, and outside temperature.

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls Screenshot 2022-10-03 145902

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I found this on Ford's website. 8" display indicating dual-zone temperature settings, and outside temperature.

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls Screenshot 2022-10-03 145902
That is good news...my BL/BL does not have that Climate button, nor those temp displays. But then I can just look at my digital buttons. (I see outside temp, but don't recall if that's only in the dash or where...)

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Is this meaning climate controls will be menu driven through the touch screen and not hard knobs? That is one reason I steered away from the Subaru Outback.
No still knobs just no temp read out on the knobs.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The temp is always displayed except when using Android auto or Carplay. Of course, you'll still see it as a popup when you jiggle the knob, but you'll miss out on the at-a-glance view. If you really want it, and you can manage to get the part, I can at least confirm that the 2022's are backwards compatible since it's been done before.

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Apparently, the digital temperature display has been removed from the temperature control knob in newer Sports. Can it be assumed, or can anyone confirm that the temperature will now display on the 8" touchscreen?

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls 2021-ford-bronco-sport-9

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls 2022-ford-bronco-sport-big-bend-carbonized-gray-metallic-22
Yeah I've seen a lot of pics like this but there is no display on the knobs of my '22... I just see it on the screen and when I adjust the temp it pops up.

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls display

I'm a bit confused because here's mine and it looks somewhat like the top pic with the temps on the knob but I've never seen a temp readout on these knobs nor do I see any option in settings to turn them on.

I'm assuming the knobs aren't supposed to to show the temps on mine... someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Last edited:

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
[...]
I'm a bit confused because here's mine and it looks somewhat like the top pic with the temps on the knob but I've never seen a temp readout on these knobs nor do I see any option in settings to turn them on.

I'm assuming the knobs aren't supposed to to show the temps on mine... someone correct me if I'm wrong please.
You're right, the knobs don't have screens on the 22's or the 23's. Here's a pic of the two parts side by side, you can see there's no physical screen on the 22 version. My car is an outer banks, I'm going to replace the one currently installed with the one shown in my hand.
Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Climate Controls 45B04520-1D7E-4774-B359-5B732911E814

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right, the knobs don't have screens on the 22's or the 23's. Here's a pic of the two parts side by side, you can see there's no physical screen on the 22 version. My car is an outer banks, I'm going to replace the one currently installed with the one shown in my hand.
Thanks for the info. What was the cost on that and is it a pretty simple swap?

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Cost me around $350, but the part is officially "replaced" so you won't be able to special order one from a dealership anymore. Your best bet is finding someone selling it secondhand or by pure luck finding a dealership that still has one physically on hand (like I did). Check out my post here for the part numbers.

And as far as install, it's not simple, but not impossible. With a socket wrench and a pry tool you can get it done yourself.

TravisPNW

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cost me around $350, but the part is officially "replaced" so you won't be able to special order one from a dealership anymore.
Thanks for the info! I see a few on eBay. Not a pressing need but was curious!
Sponsored