Outer Banks
First Name
Keepsie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Hi All,

what is the resale value of 2023 OBX after using around 6 months with maintenance package for 100k and taxes I bought it for around 45k. While checking I can see its resale value in CarMax Carvana or other platforms it’s around 29k. What is the the proper resale value we can get if we want to upgrade to a different model or an another vehicle.

At present am happy with my vehicle just want to know the value of my vehicle.

thank you for your responses
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
You got it. I checked my OBX resale value a couple of weeks ago and it was $28600. Ford might give you less. The BS resale value has dropped like a rock. In my case, 30% off the $41K MSRP. I'm not selling but was curious about its value having sold two vehicles to non dealers. One to Carvana and one to Carmax.
At the time the auto manufacturers offered less. No sales tax in SC, so no benefit of a trade in here.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think the seller's market for the Bronco Sport is over. The biggest factor is the availability of new cars. Too many recalls, deleted features, bad ratings from CR, and many unhappy owners posting online doesn't help. It's not a good combination for resale value.

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just 2 nights ago I plugged my 2022 big bend with only 9,000 miles into Carmax to see what the cash value would be just out of curiosity and bout made me puke haha.

sorry I know this doesn’t answer your question but figured I’d share

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 BroncoSport OBX Resale value? IMG_3496

Webini

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
It’s be because the BS is easily available now with a substantial discount. That drops the resale value. Anyone who bought at MSRP or above is taking a bath. They should expect this.

I bought my 23 OBX for $34,500 in Sept of 23. MSRP was $40,030. This discount is normal now.

Arcee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevrolet Equinox, 3.6L V6, AWD
It’s be because the BS is easily available now with a substantial discount. That drops the resale value. Anyone who bought at MSRP or above is taking a bath. They should expect this.

I bought my 23 OBX for $34,500 in Sept of 23. MSRP was $40,030. This discount is normal now.
Discounts must depend on region. My local dealers are only offering, on average, around $900 off MSRP before any manufacturer incentives. Even dealers owned by the same "family" are doing this. One of their locations in a more rural area is offering $900 off, but their location in a more metropolitan town might be offering as much as $2300 off. So the location 3 miles down the road is $1400 higher than their other location 2hrs away. Makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
@Mark S. is correct, at least for me in Illinois, which I know is quite different than the California market but since you mentioned Carvana and Carmax, that is somewhat comparable so I’ll add my experience.

Carvana shot me a price (forget the number) way lower than my local Ford dealership and Carmax. And you said yours cost about $45k, my sticker was $47k for my HLE. Since I have bought and sold multiple cars to my local Carmax, I felt comfortable asking them why they are offering me only $37,500. I was surprised they said it is high for the Bronco Sport as they have too many OBX and to a lesser degree, too many Big Bends.

So, my advice is what I always say when dealing with these national dealerships, know your local market too. That is, go to a local dealership or two, tell them what you plan to buy and ask them to value yours as a trade-in. It may be higher, but of course it may be more disappointing.

edit: I should have added that you should check book values too. If KBB or JD Powers/NADA is significantly higher, and I say trade-in is usually 10% lower than the sites, then you are in a situation that is not optimal and is worth considering waiting for a correction. But, if the books say what the dealerships are saying, then unfortunately, that is reality (and the only way to sale what you think it is worth is as a private seller).

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Well, if you are buying, then expect to make a buck or two reselling within two years of purchase, its a sad story for you indeed. The days of car shortages during the pandemic are long over, and many dealers suffered as well, so guess who's not going to suffer anymore?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now you just have to find someone who would pay even that price....
Yes, you can always get a few dollars off the asking price.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, you can always get a few dollars off the asking price.
Especially if its the dealers asking price...right?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now you just have to find someone who would pay even that price....
I'll probably be keeping my BS longer than I usually keep vehicles unless it starts having issues.
Hello, Granger Ford warranty.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Especially if its the dealers asking price...right?
I think you can haggle a bit off the asking price. Not much but something.
Sponsored