bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I have no data to back this up--pure speculation--but my guess is it will have something to do with off-road recovery options. The hitch with an appropriate receiver-mounted shackle can be used as an off-road recovery point.
Maybe, but requiring it for a package that doesn’t really make a vehicle any more ‘off road’ than what it is is useless. Plus, the BB already comes with 17’ and can be had with the tow package already makes adding on the BL wheels, skid plates and stickers pointless.
Sponsored

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Nice to see they have finally added memory seats and mirrors, alas a year to late for me.
I will say that was sorely needed but not enough of a deal breaker for anyone already in a BS.

Me, more so than the memory seat, miss the easy entry/exit feature.
I wonder if it can be added to existing BS …at least the memory seat function.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...makes adding on the BL wheels, skid plates and stickers pointless.
I'll give ya the wheels and stickers, but if you're going off-road solo skid plates are a must. We don't have all the data yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this package includes some of the suspension goodies from the Badlands, to provide a bit of a lift.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I'll give ya the wheels and stickers, but if you're going off-road solo skid plates are a must. We don't have all the data yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this package includes some of the suspension goodies from the Badlands, to provide a bit of a lift.
I get that, but I would not have bothered calling it an ‘off road package unless Maybe they added the BL suspension like you mentioned.

As it stands, I would not call that an off-road package.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I get that, but I would not have bothered calling it an ‘off road package unless Maybe they added the BL suspension like you mentioned.

As it stands, I would not call that an off-road package.
Just wait until the greedy dealers get some 'off road package' sports in inventory....dealer mark ups with sales bozos talking it up in the show room.

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Well im in a pickle. Wife wants the gray roof option only on BL, and she also wants the heated wheel which requires premium but HATES the brown interior.

Was really hoping the MY23 would give another option for premium BL interior. Will probably go OB and she will have to live without the roof. 😐

Reactions: MJE

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Maybe, but requiring it for a package that doesn’t really make a vehicle any more ‘off road’ than what it is is useless. Plus, the BB already comes with 17’ and can be had with the tow package already makes adding on the BL wheels, skid plates and stickers pointless.
Money grab, catering to all the people who want to be off-roadery.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Money grab, catering to all the people who want to be off-roadery.
Yep. I’m actually kinda disappointed. I picked the optional BL wheels because they looked quite distinctive. Now every dealer order will have them. Which I’d say that must mean they’re a popular choice then, but I don’t see them too often. Still, not surprised Ford is offering such a package pretty much across the line now.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yep. I’m actually kinda disappointed. I picked the optional BL wheels because they looked quite distinctive. Now every dealer order will have them. Which I’d say that must mean they’re a popular choice then, but I don’t see them too often. Still, not surprised Ford is offering such a package pretty much across the line now.
I didn't get them because they are so popular and have half a regret about it cause they are the hotness. I did pay for the 235s because duh.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Well im in a pickle. Wife wants the gray roof option only on BL, and she also wants the heated wheel which requires premium but HATES the brown interior.

Was really hoping the MY23 would give another option for premium BL interior. Will probably go OB and she will have to live without the roof. 😐
Could always wrap or paint the roof. I kinda like the gray roof option actually, so I have to agree with her. Black is the current automotive fashion, perhaps coming from that floating roof look. Gray just dares to be a little different.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I think with Forscan and a new steering wheel, adding a heated steering wheel isn’t out of the question. Hell, people on here have added adaptive cruise control.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I think with Forscan and a new steering wheel, adding a heated steering wheel isn’t out of the question. Hell, people on here have added adaptive cruise control.
The Bronco Sport already has heated steering as an option.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
But not on the base level Badlands.
But how do you activate heated steering if you’re missing the power button?

You’d be running into the realm of not Feasible as you’d then new a whole new AC control switch. Plus, you’d have to almost completely disassemble the dash to add said switch.
Sponsored