Stuntinglikemydaddy

Big Bend
First Name
🙃
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
What is the X-Plan pricing for 2023s? (I thought someone posted it, but I can't find it anymore.)

And what should my invoice look like? The printout the dealer showed me looks weird and I want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Anyone have the latest order guide? I was just listening to the long McArthur stream on YouTube and he said there were some changes. Some stuff has been removed from the heritage and heritage limited but I didn't quite understand what he was referring to

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
The memory driver seat would be nice but not worth the current MSRP to upgrade. The eruption green should look good.
Ya I would go for the rear camera washer over the memory seats anyway. That washer has been super helpful on rainy days when that backup camera gets all grimy and you can't see much out if it.

Looks like that is a removed item on the 2023s in favor of memory seats. Not sure about the BL edition front camera washer which is also nice.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
My apologies as I am not technical and reading the packages and such, easily confuses me. But, if I am reading things correctly, the Heritage Limited has everything included such as 2.0 engine, rock climbing GOAT mode, power Sun roof, trailer hitch, premium and tech package, 360 assist +, and anything else that is already on my fully loaded OB but better.

Am I incorrect?
Am I missing anything (other than the colors, rims, etc) in standard features?

To be clear, my thinking is that if it looks that cool and has everything possible for around $46K, I need to order.
Local dealer wanted 5K above sticker. That made it a NO.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So when we gonna get someone posting up ordered with Black Diamond option?

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Someone might order it if we knew what it looked like.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Having just gotten my 21 a few months ago, the only things that would make me trade in are a refresh, redesign, or a generous HP bump.
I would rather have a N/A V6 instead of a turbo. How much HP do you want from a 4 banger and have it last?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I would rather have a N/A V6 instead of a turbo. How much HP do you want from a 4 banger and have it last?
The V6 was a great transition engine from the V8 to more fuel-efficient 4 cyl variants, but I think they have gone the way of the Dodo. "No replacement for displacement" made sense when the best we could expect out of a 400 ci (6.5L) V8 was a measly 165 hp. At that time, 4 cyl engines were anemic, to say the least.

The true utility of small-displacement turbocharged engines is you can get both high power output AND great fuel economy (albeit not at the same time). Engine power output is sometimes expressed as "specific output," which is a ratio of horsepower produced to displacement. The 1980 Ferrari 312 T5 F1 car utilized a 3.0L engine producing 515 hp, for a specific output of 171 hp/liter. The latest iteration of Ford's 2.3L EcoBoost produces 310 hp, for a specific output of 135 hp/liter. The Badlands' 2.0L boasts 125 hp/liter. For comparison, the 4.0L engine Toyota installs in the 4Runner produces a maximum of 270 hp, for a specific output of 68 hp/liter.

For most (especially old-timers), the biggest concern about engines that produce high specific power output is durability. After all, the engine powering Ferrari's 1980 F1 car wasn't expected to last longer than the race. Consumers expect a great deal more longevity than that! Reliability concerns with small-displacement engines were valid in the days before sophisticated engine management software became available. The PCM in your engine features MANY safeguards developed over millions of miles of real-world and lab testing. These protect the engine from excess wear and/or damage when the driver demands high power. And the proof is in the pudding: Today, there are millions of these engines in operation around the world with no widespread reports of durability issues.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
The V6 was a great transition engine from the V8 to more fuel-efficient 4 cyl variants, but I think they have gone the way of the Dodo. "No replacement for displacement" made sense when the best we could expect out of a 400 ci (6.5L) V8 was a measly 165 hp. At that time, 4 cyl engines were anemic, to say the least.

The true utility of small-displacement turbocharged engines is you can get both high power output AND great fuel economy (albeit not at the same time). Engine power output is sometimes expressed as "specific output," which is a ratio of horsepower produced to displacement. The 1980 Ferrari 312 T5 F1 car utilized a 3.0L engine producing 515 hp, for a specific output of 171 hp/liter. The latest iteration of Ford's 2.3L EcoBoost produces 310 hp, for a specific output of 135 hp/liter. The Badlands' 2.0L boasts 125 hp/liter. For comparison, the 4.0L engine Toyota installs in the 4Runner produces a maximum of 270 hp, for a specific output of 68 hp/liter.

For most (especially old-timers), the biggest concern about engines that produce high specific power output is durability. After all, the engine powering Ferrari's 1980 F1 car wasn't expected to last longer than the race. Consumers expect a great deal more longevity than that! Reliability concerns with small-displacement engines were valid in the days before sophisticated engine management software became available. The PCM in your engine features MANY safeguards developed over millions of miles of real-world and lab testing. These protect the engine from excess wear and/or damage when the driver demands high power. And the proof is in the pudding: Today, there are millions of these engines in operation around the world with no widespread reports of durability issues.
Valid points. Nice write up too. The old school me wonders about the turbo effecting longevity in addition to durability. Durability does not necessarily equate to longevity. I am Probably just over thinking a non issue.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The latest 2023 Bronco Sport order guide (12/1/22) has been added to the first post. The dates listed on every page are the last time that page has been updated. You will see 12/1/22 on a few of them.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
Take any of those classic (great body lines) 1960’s cars , the 302 boss mustang , 67 corvette, camero Ss, challenger 440 hemi, and you have 5 -7 liters of engine , and were CRAZY fast if you had 400 hp(limited editions and drag prep cars had that and were big money) but a more realistic go/torque would be 250-270. Nowadays a Camry with a 4 banger is faster in the quarter mile, can pass 20 gas stations between fill ups, and is so easy on service it can be done with a tide pod in owners mouth; all while costing 45k in today dollars (not having AC power seats, tape deck, sat nav airbags, ect).

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Nowadays a Camry with a 4 banger is faster in the quarter mile, can pass 20 gas stations between fill ups, and is so easy on service it can be done with a tide pod in owners mouth; all while costing 45k in today dollars (not having AC power seats, tape deck, sat nav airbags, ect).
It really is incredible how far we've come with automotive technology. Some people live to be disgruntled, especially with big corporations. But do a real comparison and you'll find today's cars are safer, better equipped, faster, handle and ride better, are far more reliable, easier to maintain, and last longer, and all these improvement come at comparable inflation-adjusted prices.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I heard its some Canada law and thats why the Canada units get that feature.
Yes that’s right it’s Law, we can’t tell when it’s raining. Need our car to turn on the wipers.
“Martha my dear the world is going to s*** in a hand basket”

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
Have any Black Diamond packages been built. We are well into Job 2 for MY 2023, what counts as "late availability?" 2024?
Sponsored