Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Makes me sad seeing October orders already scheduled while there’s no news on my 9/25 OB order :(

I had to call my dealer just to get them to forward me my confirmation email. For some reason I didn’t get Ford’s. Doesn’t make me feel confident, ha.
Don’t worry. I never got any emails and still dont and neither Ford nor my dealer can figure out why. Just have your dealer give you a copy of the DORA and check their visibility report to see if it is scheduled to a week. If it is, get a VIN.
Sponsored

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
Don’t worry. I never got any emails and still dont and neither Ford nor my dealer can figure out why. Just have your dealer give you a copy of the DORA and check their visibility report to see if it is scheduled to a week. If it is, get a VIN.
That’s reassuring. I’ll call about that in November. I just called them today, I don’t want to be a pest. I’m not in a rush, just curious.

iamweasel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Placed my order to replace my destroyed Badlands with a 2022 model on Oct. 1, got an email on Oct. 12 that it's scheduled for production the week of Dec. 6. I'm still planning on not getting it until the spring, so anything sooner will be a pleasant surprise. It actually ended up being a tiny bit cheaper than my destroyed one, even with the same options (basically loaded) and adding in the cargo management system. Only downside is my beautiful Rapid Red was discontinued, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be happy with Hot Pepper Red (I keep looking at a 2019 HPR Ranger on the dealer lot and going, wow, that sure is orange).

Just curious -- I have a VIN number, but the "preview order" I got from the dealer doesn't seem to have an order number on it, just an "order code" (different from the priority code, which unfortunately is 19). I tried using the VIN number and the order code on the tracker and it says "This vehicle is not available in the system." Is that because it's way too early for it to be trackable?

Careful re: pricing & moonroof. I had a 2021 quote but held off to wait for a 2022 model, and I also noticed the pricing was a bit lower for what I thought was the same Badlands spec. Turns out it was NOT cheaper - neither the dealer or myself knew that the moonroof is now a standalone option and doesn't come with the 22MY Premium Package, which theoretically replaced the 21MY Badlands Package that did include the moonroof. So after the dealer added the code for the Moonroof, the 22MY truck was a few hundred bucks more than the 21MY, which I expected.

Don't know if this applies in your case but thought I'd mention it.

Tony832

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
2022 Bronco Sport Order Guide. Not happy with the color changes. I was going to order rapid red, but of course they deleted it just like they did on the big bronco. Hot pepper red sucks!
I love that now you can order badland premium package with out the moonroof. I hate moonroofs.

Tony832

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Careful re: pricing & moonroof. I had a 2021 quote but held off to wait for a 2022 model, and I also noticed the pricing was a bit lower for what I thought was the same Badlands spec. Turns out it was NOT cheaper - neither the dealer or myself knew that the moonroof is now a standalone option and doesn't come with the 22MY Premium Package, which theoretically replaced the 21MY Badlands Package that did include the moonroof. So after the dealer added the code for the Moonroof, the 22MY truck was a few hundred bucks more than the 21MY, which I expected.

I like that now moonroof is separate. I loved what was included in the package but hate the moonroof. I will have to talk to my dealer when i order my wifes 22 badlands.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge

Yep, I was aware of that. I wanted the moonroof (unpopular opinion, I know, but I liked it on my destroyed 2021), so I added it separately after also adding the premium package.

todd92

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia, F-150 x2, Edge x2
Ordered 9/9, got prompt e-mail confirmation from Ford. Still no build week and dealer has no information. Badlands/Premium/CoPilot360+/Sunroof/Tow.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Ordered 9/9, got prompt e-mail confirmation from Ford. Still no build week and dealer has no information. Badlands/Premium/CoPilot360+/Sunroof/Tow.
I ordered same without a sunroof and had vin and production week within 10 days. Make sure your dealer is not being lazy and ask to see the visibility report.

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
What color did you get? I ordered a Hot Pepper Red on 9/25 and still no build week.

I put in an order for Cyber Orange on Monday to see if it makes a difference.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
What color did you get? I ordered a Hot Pepper Red on 9/25 and still no build week.

I put in an order for Cyber Orange on Monday to see if it makes a difference.
I wonder, like you. if the new colors are being held a little. Seems like those with the newer colors dont have a build yet. Also moonroofs could again be an issue. If too many ordered them they will be held up

todd92

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia, F-150 x2, Edge x2
Area 51, so not a new color.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Saw on another thread that a few options are not available to order now. Glad i got mine in the beginning of September. From what the OP said, the 360, tow and moonroof are all issues now and may not be accepted for orders.

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Link?

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I wonder, like you. if the new colors are being held a little. Seems like those with the newer colors dont have a build yet. Also moonroofs could again be an issue. If too many ordered them they will be held up
I ordered my Velocity Blue on 9/20 and got a 11/8 build. This is a Badlands with no other options other than tow.

A relative ordered an identical VB BL with Premium, Moonroof and 360+ on 9/23 and got an 11/29 build week.

Not saying there aren't production issues that have since come up, but I suspect some of the delays people are seeing may actually be dealer-related.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser