Configuration Oddities

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey all. Wondering if there's rhyme or reason why some items seem fine to order and others aren't on the '22s?

I get that there are constraints on the moonroof and can buy that the trailer package isn't available right now (though I would have liked to order it) but how is 360+ not available to order? Chip issue?

I'm excited that I got to order my '22 BL/BL, but bummed I can't configure the way I like. I did end up keeping 360+ on there just in case things open up by the time they get to building mine.

Also, once ordered, can anything be modified or does that put me in production purgatory (in case another option becomes available)?

Aside from the trailer package and 360+, it does seem like everything else is available to order, however. If anyone finds differently, let us know!
Sponsored

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hey all. Wondering if there's rhyme or reason why some items seem fine to order and others aren't on the '22s?
Parts problems are the cause of all your woes. The trailer package requires an entire different set of parts than the standard bumper from what I understand. Moonroof is the same as well and defective on the ones they do have made and shipped. The 360 even I skipped because I figured the chips it needs will go to f150's.

Once your order is scheduled I think its too late to change it. I would say that if you think you have to have things like a trailer tow package, order a sport and take delivery of a unit without it and trade it in for one that has the hitch later. At the prices used sports are going for now you might even make a profit.

If you do just end up waiting like the June builds you might get a gift card you can spend on scorpion repellent to scare off all the critters that made their home in your sport as it sat in the desert. New car and a new pet if you can find a jar to keep one in. That's a win win.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
……to scare off all the critters that made their home in your sport as it sat in the desert. New car and a new pet if you can find a jar to keep one in. That's a win win.
Wait…..have critters really been a thing??

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I get that there are constraints on the moonroof and can buy that the trailer package isn't available right now (though I would have liked to order it) but how is 360+ not available to order? Chip issue?

I'm excited that I got to order my '22 BL/BL, but bummed I can't configure the way I like. I did end up keeping 360+ on there just in case things open up by the time they get to building mine.

Also, once ordered, can anything be modified or does that put me in production purgatory (in case another option becomes available)?

Aside from the trailer package and 360+, it does seem like everything else is available to order, however. If anyone finds differently, let us know!
Probably to avoid the lot rot issue that occurred in 2021 with built vehicles sitting waiting for chips for one thing. They now make ordering contrstraints to avoid it By only allowing orders of items up to what they know they will have available.

I ordered the very first week and got the 360, tow and premium and mine is scheduled for production in November. I skipped the moonroof as I really don't care about them.

A lot of people say to avoid making changes on your order as it could cause it to be built later. If scheduled for production, of course, do not touch it unless the dealer calls you about a constraint That may sped up the build.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Wait…..have critters really been a thing??
I was just trying to be funny but, if you lived in the desert in a hole and suddenly something nice and shady showed up near your hole that sat for months and attracted food to live in it, wouldn't you move in?

Honestly though I have not heard of any issues. If they did have critters I think the dealer cleaning would get some-most of them out before you took delivery. What they chewed on though...

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V

Are you talking about the build and price on the website? If so I think it may be a glitch. If you click the add button for tow and co pilot, nothing happens, but if you add the premium package, then you can add the other two. However, nothing happens when you click remove on tow or 360 even if you remove the premium package (that button works).

OP
OP

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Are you talking about the build and price on the website? If so I think it may be a glitch. If you click the add button for tow and co pilot, nothing happens, but if you add the premium package, then you can add the other two. However, nothing happens when you click remove on tow or 360 even if you remove the premium package (that button works).
Nope. I actually built what I wanted, then learned about the constraints and the no-gos from the dealer when they actually went to submit the order to Ford. It came back with 360+, no tow package and it didn't list the moonroof on the email from FMC, but it was on the signed dealer order.

OP
OP

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Parts problems are the cause of all your woes. The trailer package requires an entire different set of parts than the standard bumper from what I understand. Moonroof is the same as well and defective on the ones they do have made and shipped. The 360 even I skipped because I figured the chips it needs will go to f150's.

Once your order is scheduled I think its too late to change it. I would say that if you think you have to have things like a trailer tow package, order a sport and take delivery of a unit without it and trade it in for one that has the hitch later. At the prices used sports are going for now you might even make a profit.

If you do just end up waiting like the June builds you might get a gift card you can spend on scorpion repellent to scare off all the critters that made their home in your sport as it sat in the desert. New car and a new pet if you can find a jar to keep one in. That's a win win.
Re: reselling used and profiting -- I just ran the VIN for the BS I initially bought where the tranny went out. I could've kept it, let the dealer fix it, then make a profit just like you said. Carvana quoted me a few bucks in the black so I'm sure CARMAX would've been even better. No way of knowing because I got a screen telling me to stop by to get an accurate offer given the rarity of the BS right now but my experience tells me they spend recklessly compared to others right now.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Nope. I actually built what I wanted, then learned about the constraints and the no-gos from the dealer when they actually went to submit the order to Ford. It came back with 360+, no tow package and it didn't list the moonroof on the email from FMC, but it was on the signed dealer order.
That's crazy. I've never ordered a vehicle before and the BS I am getting is a dealer order that is on it's way hopefully here tomorrow. But man, why are they listing features as available if they won't let you order them. I would be pissed.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
That’s strange. My email from ford when I ordered my BL/BL with tow package shows the tow package as part of the order as well as my dealer signed build sheet.

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Mariner Premier
Re: reselling used and profiting -- I just ran the VIN for the BS I initially bought where the tranny went out. I could've kept it, let the dealer fix it, then make a profit just like you said. Carvana quoted me a few bucks in the black so I'm sure CARMAX would've been even better. No way of knowing because I got a screen telling me to stop by to get an accurate offer given the rarity of the BS right now but my experience tells me they spend recklessly compared to others right now.
Do you know if that means you are getting the moon roof?
Sponsored