ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Like most modern vehicles, the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport launched with a number of power outlets, including two 12V powerpoints – one located inside the center console and another located in the back of the center console. However, Ford Authority has learned from sources familiar with 2021 Ford Bronco Sport production that all models built after May 10th, 2021, will no longer come equipped with those two 12V powerpoints.

Full Article
Sponsored

OP
OP
ScareCrow

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Ehh I'm gonna say that's not ideal. Granted I have the standard outlet anyways but some folks rely on the 12v for compressors etc.
Yeah, I have the 12v compressor but that's all, rather have the usb ports

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
They moved the one from the under the arm rest to next to the USB ports under the center console. Now the arm rest has USB ports in it and behind it.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
How about the power outlet in the cargo area?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Like most modern vehicles, the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport launched with a number of power outlets, including two 12V powerpoints – one located inside the center console and another located in the back of the center console. However, Ford Authority has learned from sources familiar with 2021 Ford Bronco Sport production that all models built after May 10th, 2021, will no longer come equipped with those two 12V powerpoints.

Full Article
This is "old news" since the late February. It was posted build guide update announcement (around 2/27/21) - This was posted on this forum when they also announced the moonroof delete packages and rear camera washer add. Note the second item in the list.

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Ditches 12V Powerpoints For USB Ports 1627645884160

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The USB ports are only going to be able to source 3 Amps or so maximum and that's not going to run much of anything, definitely not a compressor.

Bad idea on Ford's part if they get rid of them.

OP
OP
ScareCrow

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
The USB ports are only going to be able to source 3 Amps or so maximum and that's not going to run much of anything, definitely not a compressor.

Bad idea on Ford's part if they get rid of them.
Looks like the 12V will remain in the cargo area...... :thumbsup:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
This is kind of old news. It's not ideal since you can find USB adapters for 12v outlets. Good luck getting 12v out of the USB though.

I don't think it ever applied to all trims. For example, mine never had USB or 12v plugs on back of the console; There's a 110 outlet for the first inverter. I was bummed to not have USB for the rear seats, but having USB there is as easy as plugging in a regular 110v USB power supply. There are probably ways to extend the ones inside the armrest to the back too, for the more adventurous modder. That was my plan before I thought about how useful the 110v is. It's almost impossible to install a USB outlet that covers every device. e.g. a Nintendo Switch wouldn't charge on it. There's a second, higher amperage 110v in the cargo too.

My first two factory plugs are taken by the phone and USB stick, which have to be located in those ports to function. I did everything I could to make the wireless charge pad work, but between the phone and case I have, it was not practical. I got this adapter on Big Rainforest for about $15. It turns the 12v into more USB and also gives me a volt reading. Less useful than an ammeter but I have really learned when the car gives accessory power and when it takes it away. If I install a dashcam or a Garmin I'll hardwire it anyhow, not use a 12v adapter. There are a crazy amount of spare fuses. They even have a 30A fuse for aftermarket lights preinstalled.

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Ditches 12V Powerpoints For USB Ports IMG_20210730_082829062

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
My build date was July 13 and I have both. BL/BL.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'd rather have my 12v ports in my OB...but as part of the "First run" I am rather miffed about the omission of the rear camera squirter.

OP
OP
ScareCrow

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I'd rather have my 12v ports in my OB...but as part of the "First run" I am rather miffed about the omission of the rear camera squirter.
Yeah, those camera washers should be standard on all trim levels.......

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Did you not think that there would be production changes over time?
Sponsored