Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I now wonder about the accuracy of this report. Mine was built sometime around March 2021. So well before the date mentioned. Mine does not have a 12v powerpoint at the back of the console, nor USB plugs there. I have a 110v plug, as mentioned above. That's it. Then I was poking around the Ford Parts website and I found the listing for the back cover to the console. There are three different varieties. The Circle corresponds to 045E24C. Notice that style C has both a 12v (or same-form USB) and a power inverter cutout. See the date listed for the part fitment? 5/25/2021. I think the added the USB, not took it away. The "takeaway" was inside the console lid. The 12v became USB. The 12v up in the media bin was always there and is staying there.

TL;DR- Ford Authority dun goofed in their interpretation.

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Ditches 12V Powerpoints For USB Ports Capture.JPG
Sponsored

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
This is kind of old news. It's not ideal since you can find USB adapters for 12v outlets. Good luck getting 12v out of the USB though.

I don't think it ever applied to all trims. For example, mine never had USB or 12v plugs on back of the console; There's a 110 outlet for the first inverter. I was bummed to not have USB for the rear seats, but having USB there is as easy as plugging in a regular 110v USB power supply. There are probably ways to extend the ones inside the armrest to the back too, for the more adventurous modder. That was my plan before I thought about how useful the 110v is. It's almost impossible to install a USB outlet that covers every device. e.g. a Nintendo Switch wouldn't charge on it. There's a second, higher amperage 110v in the cargo too.

My first two factory plugs are taken by the phone and USB stick, which have to be located in those ports to function. I did everything I could to make the wireless charge pad work, but between the phone and case I have, it was not practical. I got this adapter on Big Rainforest for about $15. It turns the 12v into more USB and also gives me a volt reading. Less useful than an ammeter but I have really learned when the car gives accessory power and when it takes it away. If I install a dashcam or a Garmin I'll hardwire it anyhow, not use a 12v adapter. There are a crazy amount of spare fuses. They even have a 30A fuse for aftermarket lights preinstalled.

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Ditches 12V Powerpoints For USB Ports IMG_20210730_082829062
May I ask what you use the USB stick for? If for Music, why not just use the phone? Just curious... Thanks!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
May I ask what you use the USB stick for? If for Music, why not just use the phone? Just curious... Thanks!
It is for music. I'm not a huge phone guy. I had a prepaid flip phone until this June. I only got an Android phone because of the Bronco. I don't even have a data plan for it, just calls. I guess I didn't think about loading all the music on the phone and just grabbed a thumbdrive.

OP
OP
ScareCrow

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
It is for music. I'm not a huge phone guy. I had a prepaid flip phone until this June. I only got an Android phone because of the Bronco. I don't even have a data plan for it, just calls. I guess I didn't think about loading all the music on the phone and just grabbed a thumbdrive.
Yep, I've got a huge stack of CD's, Albums........ Converted to digital onto USB drive.....

No commercials and better than Siriusxm which cut's out on Sync 3 half of the time.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Yep, I've got a huge stack of CD's, Albums........ Converted to digital onto USB drive.....

No commercials and better than Siriusxm which cut's out on Sync 3 half of the time.
I used to be more of a Sirius fan, but they also have a ridiculously shallow playlist on their channels. I often listen to First Wave, but I tune out as soon as the Richard Blade party starts at noon and you can't seem to get away from the same repeated Tom Morello hour on several other channels.

I'm also hyper-against people fiddling with phones and driving. I know the voice control can probably work the phone playlist too, but I see a lot of people switching songs while driving manually and I don't want to be that guy. USB and shuffle play works for me.

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense! If I didn't have kids, I would not have a phone... To many robots-calls and telemarketers.

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used to be more of a Sirius fan, but they also have a ridiculously shallow playlist on their channels. I often listen to First Wave, but I tune out as soon as the Richard Blade party starts at noon and you can't seem to get away from the same repeated Tom Morello hour on several other channels.

I'm also hyper-against people fiddling with phones and driving. I know the voice control can probably work the phone playlist too, but I see a lot of people switching songs while driving manually and I don't want to be that guy. USB and shuffle play works for me.
I'm right there with you about fiddlers! Drives me crazy!
I listened to First Wave the most. I don't travel like I did before, so I cannot justify the cost. I used to drive 50 to 60,000 miles a year. Now the car I have now doesn't even have 6,000 on it in 2 years. And that's with having a spouse sharing it! I work from home, and the kids out of the house, so no extra milage that way.
Sponsored