Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Where can I find any documentation that I can have both?
I doubt you will find anything that specifically says you can have both. Why? Because it’s just not a thing. Your dealer is looking to make extra money on you somehow some way. If your numbers are accurate, they aren’t even quoting you the correct interest rate for 48 months.

Maybe call Ford Credit and ask them if there is any reason you wouldn’t be eligible for the $1k rebate and the special financing.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Take the $1,000.00 and pay cash for your Bronco

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
You might call FORD PROGRAM HEADQUARTERS: 1-888-322-5862.

I called to get details on the $500 Farm Bureau discount (it does NOT apply to the BS). The lady I spoke with was in Michigan and was very nice and helpful.

IDK if she or anyone else there can confirm that you can can get both the $1,000 order credit AND the 0.9% financing, but it can't hurt to ask. If they don't know, they might point you in the right direction.

FYI, we got both 0.9% financing and the $1,000 credit, but not without a fight/debate.

The good news is that dealer did not attempt to extort us (no last minute price increase) but they DID pretend that the $1,000 order credit did not apply! The salesperson and the finance guy both swore the Bronco Sport was *excluded*. I knew that was false. The salesperson even went so far as to show me a Ford webpage that listed all of the eligible and ineligible vehicles. Of course the font was so *tiny* that I couldn't read it -- that was probably intentional. He pointed out that the "Bronco SUV" was ineligible -- true, but that is the "big"/regular Bronco. He insisted that the Bronco SUV = the Bronco Sport, so I looked it up using my smartphone. Sure enough, Ford said the Bronco Sport qualified for the $1,000 credit (and had for months!). Oddly, when I told the salesman that I'd found it, neither he nor the finance guy even bothered to look at my phone! It was as if they knew their little gig was up. They gave us the $1,000 without any further argument -- but not before claiming that it only applied to the BS BADLANDS -- NOT the other BS trim levels! Very strange. I can only assume they had planned to keep the $1,000 if we did not press the issue.

That was the same guy who told my wife and I (several times) that we would have to pay any MSRP increases between the order and delivery dates! I imagine they have some way of pocketing the money if the customer does not know about Ford's price protection, and they go ahead and pay the higher MSRP. That can be a lot of money. The BS BL just increased $2,100 (incl. $100 D&D increase) today (4/13). One of the Mach-E models jumped by $5,000!

It's really sad that many dealers are so unethical (borderline criminal) and yet Ford allows them to continue to operate.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
When I did the build and price on the web March of '21 there was page for incentives linked there. I printed those out and held on to them.

Eight months later in the finance office I had to remind the finance officer of the $500 rebate and .9% for 60 months that was offered at the time of order. They did have the correct MSRP for when I ordered minus x-plan
He went to the sales manager and they looked it up in the system and verified that I was correct about the financing.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I did the build and price on the web March of '21 there was page for incentives linked there. I printed those out and held on to them.

Eight months later in the finance office I had to remind the finance officer of the $500 rebate and .9% for 60 months that was offered at the time of order. They did have the correct MSRP for when I ordered minus x-plan
He went to the sales manager and they looked it up in the system and verified that I was correct about the financing.
Smart man!

I have to admit, I did not do that. I had read (and was told) that the dealer would check to see what was available both on the order date and at delivery and we would get whichever we preferred.

Nope.

At least I'm not alone. I've read numerous posts by people who did not think to do that and were trying to find a way to see what was in effect when they ordered, months earlier.

Clearly printing out the incentives is good advice.

Hindsight...

I think we got everything we were eligible for -- The $1,000 order credit and 0.9% financing.

OP
OP

Jersey-Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Final answer - just picked up my BL BS - Luckily the finance guy who wouldn't give me 0.9 with the rebate was on vacation. The finance guy covering was wonderful - $1000 order rebate $500 First Responder rebate and 0.9 for 3 years

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Final answer - just picked up my BL BS - Luckily the finance guy who wouldn't give me 0.9 with the rebate was on vacation. The finance guy covering was wonderful - $1000 order rebate $500 First Responder rebate and 0.9 for 3 years
That's excellent Dave, glad to hear it! :cool:
Sponsored