rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I understand wanting to personalize your BS.
For me, I'd save for something else like a real Bronco or just save the money.

I was at the dealer yesterday to buy a rear wiper for my Badlands, they had a few upper end full size Broncos and a Bronco Raptor lined up in front of the showroom, they were definitely worth your "money pit" comment, they made the sport look like a toy.
The Bronco Raptors here go for $105k-$115K. Ridiculous. I would love a two door Bronco Outer Banks, tho.
Sponsored

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you're looking to get name brand gear make sure to check Facebook Marketplace, Nextdoor, and Craigslist. I got my Thule basket off Facebook for $75. I've been searching the sites lately for a cargo box. This is a good time of year in my opinion to look. Summer is over and people are looking to sell gear they bought for roadtrips or vacations that they don't want/have space to store.
QFT.
Bought my Yakima hitch bike rack and Thule box that way for peanuts. Now to find a basket…

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I understand wanting to personalize your BS.
For me, I'd save for something else like a real Bronco or just save the money.

I was at the dealer yesterday to buy a rear wiper for my Badlands, they had a few upper end full size Broncos and a Bronco Raptor lined up in front of the showroom, they were definitely worth your "money pit" comment, they made the sport look like a toy.
This sentiment is lost on me, depending on the buyer. Some people prefer a sport over a "real bronco" I would say picking up a lightly used one for 28K and throwing about 3 to 4K worth of mods on it, still significantly cheaper then a bigger bronco, not to mention gas mileage. But yes a Raptor and Sasquatch pckg 4 door, def going to make alot of things look like toys. But that's why I like our sport more and more, it's compact, and tha'ts been great for our lifestyle. Again personal preference, but I gotta say after parking next to a 2 door lifted bronco, besides the tires having a massive size difference, really there wasn't much.

IMO i'd have to say the only functional reason to get a big bronco over a bronco sport would be if you were going to be getting into some serious offroading. Everything else to me is cosmetic and luxury, which I totally understand, a 2 door sasquatch is a gorgeous looking vehicle.

Ford Bronco Sport Thinking of making my Bronco Sport a money pit PXL_20230811_131833885.MP~2

Ford Bronco Sport Thinking of making my Bronco Sport a money pit PXL_20230811_131838601.MP~2

Last edited:

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For us the BS was a better option than the full size 4-door because the majority of the time it will be on the road and commuting about town, road trips, etc. We did get the chance to side by side test our BS HL and a Big Bend that came on the same truck for dealer stock. Price delta between the two was within a couple thousand dollars, maybe $25-30/month more. Issue was the BB was a very low spec- only options were the hard top and aux up fitter switches... and it showed.

Bottom line: The BS was far better appointed than the BB. The BS was better for our daily use and has just enough off road prowess that it can do the beach, some trails, and other light off roading. But-- had the dealer had a full size Outer Banks or a full size Heritage available we'd have bought that instead.

My next truck will be the off roader though, either a Gladiator Mojave or the upcoming Tacoma Trailhunter.

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My next truck will be the off roader though, either a Gladiator Mojave or the upcoming Tacoma Trailhunter.
Those trailerhunter tacomas are so badass looking. Just have a feeling they are going to be pushing 80k sadly

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Those trailerhunter tacomas are so badass looking. Just have a feeling they are going to be pushing 80k sadly
Hard to say but I don't think it will top the TRD Pro's sticker when the time comes. I think the TRD Pro will hit $75K but I think the Trailhunter will hang in the 60's to compete better with the Colorado ZR2 ($62k-ish) and the just announced 2024 Mojave X ($65-70Kish). The ZR2 Bison when it comes out will likely set the tone for the Taco's MSRP.

Question will be if the dealers try their bullshit market adjustment fee game when they hit the lot.

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hard to say but I don't think it will top the TRD Pro's sticker when the time comes. I think the TRD Pro will hit $75K but I think the Trailhunter will hang in the 60's to compete better with the Colorado ZR2 ($62k-ish) and the just announced 2024 Mojave X ($65-70Kish). The ZR2 Bison when it comes out will likely set the tone for the Taco's MSRP.

Question will be if the dealers try their bullshit market adjustment fee game when they hit the lot.
Yes that's exactly what I'm anticipating, I would bet on it lmao

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
IDK. From what Ive read Toyota is half angry/half doesn't care what the dealers do. Their "ordering" system is more screwed up than Ford's.

Almost all of the Toyota dealers near me except one are part of big corporate chains (read: Shit service, shit sales staff, shit prices, and generally just shitty overall) and they know they can control the market. Lack of competition allows them to dictate their own terms.

If you want something in a Hybrid (Rav4, Highlander especially) you put your name on a list with a deposit and when they get their dealer allocation, you can "select" from what they have. If you want a specific trim, color, option package, you have two options: either take it or leave it. No thanks.

And it isn't just Toyota. A Ford dealer tried to charge me almost $3K on my BS HL purchase. HLs were dealer stock only. 3 dealers in 100 miles were slated to get a Yellowstone. I called the closest and they quoted me MSRP+ almost 3k. Told him to kick rocks and I would buy it elsewhere. When his manager called me to let me know they could "work with me" I told him as well to take their "market adjustment" and spread it around the flower bed.

BTW, that same Yellowstone HL is on still on that dealer's lot 2 months+ later. Eff them.
Sponsored