Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
New Bronco Sport BB owner, just picked it up yesterday. Traded in my Subaru, this was a nice upgrade. It rides a whole lot smoother and being older and less tech savvy I like that it's a simpler more user friendly car. Definitely see why people love this car!
Congrats on your new Bronco Sport!

This is a great community to help you get more familiar with your new vehicle, there is a ton of information on the site as well as informative members and vendors so don't hesitate to ask questions.

We would love to see some photos of your Bronco when you get a chance.

Don@LRT

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco Sport
Hello, I'm Don from Ohio. I just traded in my 2020 Mustang GT on a 2022 BS Badlands. My wife has a 2021 BS Badlands. Loved the Mustang and used it as a test bed for datalogging/tuning, but felt limited by when/where I could take it out. Loved the power and the looks - it was the 5th or 6th Mustang I have owned. But I hated not being able to go out when it snowed, and I never wanted to even take it our in the rain. Plus the trade in value on the Mustang was about what I paid for it two years ago. Loved my wife's BS, so I got one too. Mine is Area 51 with the tow package and adaptive cruise etc. Her's is more loaded, but I did not need leather and a moonroof. Though her sound system is much better.

I own and operate LaSota Racing Technologies, some of you may know of us. No worries about me posting spam here as we currently do not do custom tuning on Ecoboost. But we will someday do a book on tuning EB if I ever get the time.

Thanks!

Badwolf13

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hello All! My name is Chris and I am from south of Buffalo, NY! Back in December, I traded in my 2020 Ford Ranger for a 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend with the Badlands package. I love the mileage and the ride over the Ranger. The oxford white makes it look a little like a baby Range Rover. I hope to learn more from all of you with more experience with this SUV! Cheers!

Archy

Big Bend
First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, bronco sport
Hello! My name is Damien. Just picked up a cyber orange big bend. I would have opted for the the badlands but needed a vehicle in a hurry as I felt the need to gift my 2012 f-150 king ranch to my kiddo’s mom since she was in a pinch. Seems like I couldn’t find a lot choices available off the the dealerships lots as far as build choices. As it is, I am great full to find this BS and believe I will find lots of joy cruising around and dusting off the mountain bike or taking her out fishing and and such.

I am in Northern Colorado and frequently go to Lander Wyoming so there will be plenty of chances to test this little rig.

So I do have some questions. In regards to breaking in the owners manual just says avoid high speeds, heavy breaking and towing. I get the second two but what is considered high speed? No highway travel as in 65-75?

Does anyone know of places to get accessories at a decent price around here? I looked at Levitown Ford andthier prices are real good but fedex shipping for a bug guard was 58$.

Thanks in advance for any answers or opinions.

Archy

Big Bend
First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, bronco sport
Hello! My name is Damien. Just picked up a cyber orange big bend. I would have opted for the the badlands but needed a vehicle in a hurry as I felt the need to gift my 2012 f-150 king ranch to my kiddo’s mom since she was in a pinch. Seems like I couldn’t find a lot choices available off the the dealerships lots as far as build choices. As it is, I am great full to find this BS and believe I will find lots of joy cruising around and dusting off the mountain bike or taking her out fishing and and such.

I am in Northern Colorado and frequently go to Lander Wyoming so there will be plenty of chances to test this little rig.

So I do have some questions. In regards to breaking in the owners manual just says avoid high speeds, heavy breaking and towing. I get the second two but what is considered high speed? No highway travel as in 65-75?

Does anyone know of places to get accessories at a decent price around here? I looked at Levitown Ford andthier prices are real good but fedex shipping for a bug guard was 58$.

I found the “break in” thread and found the answers I was looking gor there. Other questions I will re-bake on on fresh threads.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Welcome to @Don@LRT @Badwolf13 and @Archy and also anyone I may have missed. I'm kind of addicted to these forums and hope you find them as awesome as I do.

Archy as far as the break in...I'm in Texas and we had to take her on a 110 mile trip the first day we had her with about 85 miles of it hwy at 70+ mph speeds. Not ideal but haven't noticed anything too major as an issue. Wouldn't tow or do anything to crazy though.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Congratulations on the new Bronco! Hope you love it as much as we do. :)

cjmambo

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hi all!

Traded in my 2018 VW Tiguan (Used car prices are still nuts. They gave me $4k less than what I paid for it) and picked up a Big Bend last week. $180 for an oil change was getting ridiculous (first German car I owned). I had a Mustang GT before the Tiggy and it only felt right to go back to Ford.

Took it from NY to Philly this weekend and averaged 33 mpg! Wasn't expecting that.

Glad to be back with Ford and in such a historic name! #bronco. Hoping to hold onto it for at least a decade. Def want to do a lift and get beefier tires down the line.

Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? IMG_6198

AGLzaca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
New possible, prospective Bronco Sport owner here in the Pacific NorthWest.
I'm looking around at evaluating the usual competitors (Bronco Sport, CX-5, Forester, CR-V, Rav4). The Jeep Wrangler is not on the list, after having rented one for a weekend and been extremely unimpressed with the driving quality. I might go look at a Compass though.

An SUV will be quite a change for me, with previous vehicles all having been smaller, lower and a lot faster :) Hoping to pick up some words of wisdom from existing owners.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
New possible, prospective Bronco Sport owner here in the Pacific NorthWest.
I'm looking around at evaluating the usual competitors (Bronco Sport, CX-5, Forester, CR-V, Rav4). The Jeep Wrangler is not on the list, after having rented one for a weekend and been extremely unimpressed with the driving quality. I might go look at a Compass though.

An SUV will be quite a change for me, with previous vehicles all having been smaller, lower and a lot faster :) Hoping to pick up some words of wisdom from existing owners.
Having owned both a 2013 CX-5 (wife's) and a 2018 Forester (mine), I can say that I greatly prefer the 2020 Ford Escape (wife's) and 2021 Bronco Sport (mine) we have now.

The CX-5 was a great car and my wife drove it into the ground. Great mileage, decent tech, quality interior and reliable but i had a slow and noisy drivetrain. We did consider another CX-5 but wanted something with a bit of towing capacity and more pickup. Also, neither of us liked the lack of touchscreen controls in the new Mazdas. Wife is very happy with her Rapid Red Escape SEL.

I had the 2018 Forester for 2 years and had more issues than with any car I have owned since driving a POS Chevy Celebrity in college. I had timing chain issues, had to replace all 4 tries prematurely and had a mystery transmission issue that was never resolved to my satisfaction. I also found it hard to get service in my area (too many Subarus; not enough Subaru mechanics). I also didn't like the way the Subaru tech worked. Eyesight was overly aggressive and the Siri button was wonky. I will say that Subaru did a good job making the CVT less annoying and visibility was the best of any vehicle I have driven. It also had better rear seat and cargo space than the Bronco Sport (though I would choose my wife's Escape for rear seat room).

Conversely, the Bronco Sport has distinctive looks, is fun and easy to drive. I like the tech built in and enjoy the Fordpass app. And I have had good luck with Ford reliability. The 2002 Escape and 2008 Fusion I owned previously are probably the two best vehicles I have owned. It's also convenient to have 2 cars with essentially the same controls.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Hi everyone!! Happy to be back in the Bronco game!!! Picked up my OBX 2 weeks ago. On the Jersey Shore here. Looking foward to reading all the tips and tricks here :)
Ford Bronco Sport Say Hello and Introduce Yourself! ? IMG_0055.JPG
Welcome!
Sponsored