Weekly Roll Call on Production (Week of 1/03/2021)

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My tracker just updated from 2/20/22 to 4/23/22.

This is bullshit. The car was completed on 12/7/21.
Now I'm seriously considering selling my BS/OB while I can make bank, driving something crappy and resetting my expectations for delivery. Dibs on the first '23 BS/BL!
Sponsored

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
My tracker just updated from 2/20/22 to 4/23/22.

This is bullshit. The car was completed on 12/7/21.
I don’t mean to laugh at your misfortune, but that is kinda funny in a sad way and I’d be pissed too.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I don’t mean to laugh at your misfortune, but that is kinda funny in a sad way and I’d be pissed too.
Something something suffering together something...

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ordered 9/29, original production date was 12/6, in production 12/21, ETA is May 14th now. Just insanity.
What?!? I thought mine was bad. Is yours gold plated or something?

BigFoot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I ordered an outer banks with copilot360 on 1/17. Dealership just told me today that Ford rejected it and is not making any bronco sports with copilot360. Bummer

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
I ordered an outer banks with copilot360 on 1/17. Dealership just told me today that Ford rejected it and is not making any bronco sports with copilot360. Bummer
I wonder if that's what's causing the huge delay on orders

Wilske02

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Dealer Ordered BB, with Copilot360+, Conv. Package and Moonroof.
Original Order Date: 1/27/22
Scheduled Build Date: 4/11/22

I was surprised to receive my build date and VIN # so quickly, but I haven't seen anyone else posting scheduled build dates as far out as April. Based on most posts, it looks like build date emails typically are received closer to the scheduled build.

Anyone else experience this?

Juliet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Dealer Ordered BB, with Copilot360+, Conv. Package and Moonroof.
Original Order Date: 1/27/22
Scheduled Build Date: 4/11/22

I was surprised to receive my build date and VIN # so quickly, but I haven't seen anyone else posting scheduled build dates as far out as April. Based on most posts, it looks like build date emails typically are received closer to the scheduled build.

Anyone else experience this?
That's bizarre since they posted that they were only scheduling out through the end of March . . .
Ford Bronco Sport Weekly Roll Call on Production (Week of 1/03/2021) 1643908345965

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
If I recall right scheduling emails go out on Thursdays. Anyone get theirs today?

Aallenrn

Outer Banks
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
I think there’s another chip shortage- that’s why everything is being pushed back. At least that’s what I’ve read on some of the other forums.

essenbee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Ordered a Badlands w/all the options (Copilot360+, conv. Package, moonroof, tow etc) on 12/1. Got the order confirmation email by the time I got home from the dealer and have heard absolutely nothing since. (Neither has the dealership, I had my guy check.) At the time they told me 2-4 months, but I'm assuming I'm getting caught up in another chip shortage now.

I'm moving in May and absolutely must have a car by then. I'm starting to think I should be looking around at other used options if I don't have at least a build date assigned in the next couple of weeks. This is the realistic view with what we're seeing currently, yes?
(If so, this one will be available in Tacoma whenever it does finally come in. :lipssealed:)

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ordered a Badlands w/all the options (Copilot360+, conv. Package, moonroof, tow etc) on 12/1. Got the order confirmation email by the time I got home from the dealer and have heard absolutely nothing since. (Neither has the dealership, I had my guy check.) At the time they told me 2-4 months, but I'm assuming I'm getting caught up in another chip shortage now.

I'm moving in May and absolutely must have a car by then. I'm starting to think I should be looking around at other used options if I don't have at least a build date assigned in the next couple of weeks. This is the realistic view with what we're seeing currently, yes?
(If so, this one will be available in Tacoma whenever it does finally come in. :lipssealed:)
I would say DO NOT buy a used car. You'll be paying through the nose for something that's worth 60% of the asking price and will tank in value once things make sense again. I bought another BS as a rental, effectively, until my order comes in. Now that it's worth $5k more than I bought it for, I may sell and get a different inexpensive new car with some great incentives to bridge the gap, then sell that to Carmax when mine is finally delivered.

Either that or finally get my truck going.

essenbee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
I would say DO NOT buy a used car. You'll be paying through the nose for something that's worth 60% of the asking price and will tank in value once things make sense again. I bought another BS as a rental, effectively, until my order comes in. Now that it's worth $5k more than I bought it for, I may sell and get a different inexpensive new car with some great incentives to bridge the gap, then sell that to Carmax when mine is finally delivered.

Either that or finally get my truck going.
Are you saying you think a BS that doesn't have a scheduled build date will be delivered to the PNW by May?
Because if not, the options are either buy a used car or a new one, and if the new ones won't make it here in time from the factory... ?‍♀ I don't have the option to buy nothing and keep waiting. Used prices have come down and stabilized to something slightly more sane, at least.
Only other options here are paying more than 10k above MSRP for a '21 that's they're trying to keep on the lot so there's something available to test drive. Talk about tanking in value when things get back to normal.
Sponsored