thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Major props to all those people who pulled that car out! I’d love to see video of how they flipped it back upright.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
That didn't even break the 1500 dollar tail lights.......just don't miss the bottle opener...cause that WOULD break them.....LOL

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Pretty incredible story the fact that it still drives!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40984/rolled-ford-bronco-sport-drives-away-from-nasty-off-road-crash-thanks-to-a-recovery-job

Rolled Ford Bronco Sport Drives Away From Nasty Off-Road Crash Thanks to A+ Recovery Job
Even though it looks like a total write-off, the owner told us it doesn’t even need an alignment.
Baby Broncos don't belong in the wild! Especially after midnight. Should have stuck to the fire roads like they are designed for. That and malls. I'm glad that he made it out in one peice.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
I’m calling BS on this one.

There’s no way it didn’t suffer some serious damage.
I don’t think it’s BS. Too many people involved. Lots of quotes and names.. And it did suffer heavy damage.

all that aside. The driver is very fortunate

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
That didn't even break the 1500 dollar tail lights.......just don't miss the bottle opener...cause that WOULD break them.....LOL
But the air bags deployed. I wonder how much it will cost to just replace them? I've read about insurance companies totaling a vehicle do to the cost (and availability) of air bag replacement.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
But the air bags deployed. I wonder how much it will cost to just replace them? I've read about insurance companies totaling a vehicle do to the cost (and availability) of air bag replacement.
Someone told me their car was considered to be a total loss by their insurance company due to airbag deployment. The damage to the car itself was repairable.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Yeah, that's a total loss. The value of the repairs has to be beyond the value of the car. I bumped into my neighbor's car and the nearly invisible damage to my car is over 2k. With any car where every panel is dented including the pillars and roof, every piece of glass is shattered, you can't simply replace a few panels and glass and buff it out. You're looking at a total loss.

BillC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Lucky that they were able to drive out, but the car is guaranteed to be a total loss. Anytime airbags are involved, it's too expensive and risky for an insurance company to fix.

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
Pretty sure the majority missed the point…
Regardless of why or how, a BS was rolled and left overnight upside down. It was recovered, once on its wheels it’s was fired up and drove out.
Again, left upside down overnight and didn’t lose fluids. Is it a write off? Probably, but that’s not the point.

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
Pretty sure the majority missed the point…
Regardless of why or how, a BS was rolled and left overnight upside down. It was recovered, once on its wheels it’s was fired up and drove out.
Again, left upside down overnight and didn’t lose fluids. Is it a write off? Probably, but that’s not the point.
I was going to write something along the same lines. Most rollovers I've seen involve broken front suspension/steering, and if they were upside down for any length of time, replacement of fluids and removal of spark plugs to avoid trying to compress fluids that have leaked into the combustion chamber. Apparently this was not an issue.

Pretty incredible story the fact that it still drives!
Yes, I agree.

BigBadWolf

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport 2004 Mustang GT Convertible
Wow makes me want to bawl my eyes out if I did something like that to my baby. Just trying to keep it in one piece driving to and from work in Nashville TN. There sure are some special kind of dumb drivers here! Man I want to get out of this city alive.

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Jeez, my antenna looks worse after I take my car cover off.