Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Following these links to Amazon, I get a warning that these do not fit the 2021 Bronco Sport.
Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's F789E6C1-87D7-4A08-AF52-01A9FE7276D5
You can't go by Amazon's vehicle check since it hasn't been updated for all of the new models and years. Also if you check the items descriptions, it states that right in them. You need to go by the bulb number that is given in the owners manual as well as the item description. Also if you read the post that I left, I specifically stated that these WERE CONFIRMED TO WORK as well as posting pictures of them working.

The following is from one of the descriptions of the bulbs that I used:

【Buy with Confidence】We offer "TWO YEAR" warranty on item(s) that confirm to be manufacturer defect.We'll respond within 24 hours on weekdays. Amazon filter system may not be 100% accurate or up to date, if you are not sure which type fit your vehicle, please check your owner manual to confirm.
Sponsored

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Not like the halogen bulbs in our tail lights stay on long enough to do any good in ice anyway....
No problems with my LEDs in snow and ice
Is it that LEDs don't put off heat like halogen bulbs, so the ice around the light housing won't melt?

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I wouldn't slam anyone for posting their experiences changing their lighting.
Sure there is another thread with links, but these are different bulbs, which I welcome to see the options. But I will say I want to see pictures of the posted bulbs in action!
Then it should probably go in that thread versus making a new one.

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'd like to give a shout out to the OP for this thread. I look a leap of faith and ordered the exact bulbs listed in the original post. While I'm still waiting for my brake light LEDs to arrive, my reverse lights and turn signal lights arrived yesterday and I installed them today.

So far...although it's literally been only 10 minutes...I am not experiencing any hyperflash activity. Everything is working normally and I can definitely tell the difference with the reverse LEDs in place instead of the incandescent bulbs.

Installation was a breeze with the only complications being my fault. I can't wait to finish the look when my brake lights arrive.

mindleak

Outer Banks
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Since Ford felt that it wasn't necessary to have led lights on the rear of the Bronco Sport like it does on the rest of the vehicle, I replaced the rear turn signals, reverse lights and brake lights with led versions. I have listed the items that I used below and also have had no hyperflash issues with any of them. The reverse lights make a huge difference at night with the rear back-up camera visibility. Total cost for everything was around $50.

Unlike the bulbs that others have posted, these DO NOT require any additional resistors.

These are my modifications to my vehicle that I did myself and verified that they were working before posting here so that anyone who wants to do the same doesn't have to spend an eternity to find the ones that actually work.

Rear Turn Signals - WY16W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCZVLCS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Reverse Lamps - W21W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H6YPB8N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Brake Lights - P27/7W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082HK9TK1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Your link to the brake lights are linked to the white version. Did you go with white or did you get the red ones? I only ask because, to my knowledge, I thought it was always recommended to use red LEDs in a red housing, otherwise it comes out looking pinkish if you use the cool white LEDs.

Thanks for the info though! About to pull the trigger on these I think.

Reactions: RS1
OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your link to the brake lights are linked to the white version. Did you go with white or did you get the red ones? I only ask because, to my knowledge, I thought it was always recommended to use red LEDs in a red housing, otherwise it comes out looking pinkish if you use the cool white LEDs.

Thanks for the info though! About to pull the trigger on these I think.
I used the white version and have no issues with them and they do not look pink. I also bought the red versions but haven't left them in since I was satisfied with the way the white ones looked (although some say the red led bulbs give a deeper red).

If you would like the red version, here is the link to the ones that I also bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CML8MYJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Last edited:

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I used the white version and have no issues with them and they do not look pink. I also bought the red versions but haven't left them in since I was satisfied with the way the white ones looked (although some say the red led bulbs give a deeper red).

If you would like the red version, here is the link to the ones that I also bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CML8MYJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Quick question since I haven't looked at the original brake light bulb yet: Is the original brake light bulb white or red? Also...in your opinion, which LED color looks closest to the color of the original bulb after installation?

Thank you, by the way, for your real-world feedback...it really helps.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick question since I haven't looked at the original brake light bulb yet: Is the original brake light bulb white or red? Also...in your opinion, which LED color looks closest to the color of the original bulb after installation?

Thank you, by the way, for your real-world feedback...it really helps.
The original bulb is a clear halogen bulb. I went with the white version over the red since I felt that the white bulb was brighter then the red bulb. The only time that you might want the red bulb over the white is if you changed the original Ford lenses with tinted lenses on the vehicle - IMHO.

PhinG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thank you @Whitenight, this was the post I needed to upgrade my tail lights. I used 2 of the 3 you recommended (another from the other thread) and they work great. Had them in for about a week with no issues at all. These are the ones I used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCZVLCS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WZ5XWDY
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H6YPB8N

The biggest pain was pulling off the rubber trim to get to the tail lights. Mainly because one of the clips stayed behind. It was a bear to get out, but I was able to use some tweezers to grab the inner part to squeeze them out. I put it back on the trim and was able to reinstall it without any issue. The rest was just like changing any car bulb.

Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 20211231_123220
Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 20211231_124031
Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 20211231_131554

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you @Whitenight, this was the post I needed to upgrade my tail lights. I used 2 of the 3 you recommended (another from the other thread) and they work great. Had them in for about a week with no issues at all. These are the ones I used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCZVLCS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WZ5XWDY
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H6YPB8N

The biggest pain was pulling off the rubber trim to get to the tail lights. Mainly because one of the clips stayed behind. It was a bear to get out, but I was able to use some tweezers to grab the inner part to squeeze them out. I put it back on the trim and was able to reinstall it without any issue. The rest was just like changing any car bulb.

Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 20211231_123220
Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 20211231_124031
Ford Bronco Sport Replaced All Rear Lights With LED's 20211231_131554
It originally took me a few minutes to figure out how to get at the nuts to undo the tail light lenses. Once I figured out that the plastic piece had to come off, it was another issued to get my fat fingers in at the top to release it. I finally got it done, though it wasn't as clear on how to do it as it was on my 2019 Escape (those were just a plastic cap covering the bolts). Guess I should have mentioned in my original post for those who might not know how to get them off. Glad everything worked out for you. :like:

PhinG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It originally took me a few minutes to figure out how to get at the nuts to undo the tail light lenses. Once I figured out that the plastic piece had to come off, it was another issued to get my fat fingers in at the top to release it. I finally got it done, though it wasn't as clear on how to do it as it was on my 2019 Escape (those were just a plastic cap covering the bolts). Guess I should have mentioned in my original post for those who might not know how to get them off. Glad everything worked out for you. :like:
There was a video someone posted from Uhaul that showed the process of removing the tail light (along with the rest of the back end). But I was still not prepared for how awkward it was to get my fingers in there to get enough leverage to remove it.

Iakona

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have to disagree. You will get hyperflash from the turn signal indicator on the instrument panel or at least I did. Unfortunately, I don't remember if I changed out just the reverse bulbs for LED or all three(turn signal, reverse, and brake) but either way the turn signal indicator on the instrument panel hyperflashed even though the actual turn signal did not. It annoyed me to the point where I reinstalled the factory halogen bulbs. Any thoughts? Thanks for any advice you may have.

As a side note, I have replaced almost all of my vehicles bulbs with LED because of the low power draw and superior performance so I'm not a newbie to this game. Just interesting that you state no hyperflash, which isn't entirely inaccurate, when I did have hyperlfash in the instrument panel only.

THANKS AGAIN!!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not a fan of LED automotive lighting, at least in its current state.Too bright in a number of applications especially at eye level.
Sponsored