Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
  • Banned
For a year now I can easily start my BS from inside my house with no problems.
Now it will not work at home but works fine when I get off work.
I logged into my Wi-Fi last night because it was off. This morning no remote start and it was logged off.
I get to work and do mouthing. End of day it starts remotely from my phone. I get home I’m not logged into my Wi-Fi.
How can I get to get on my Wi-Fi again with out me doing it ?
I have a very strong router.
had it all year, it’s Wi-Fi 6 with beam tech and a full load of signal bars out side my house and I’m on all over my 1.5 acres?
Any idea’s ?
My dealer recommended a master reset.
waiting to hear from the internet guru’s before I do that.
Sponsored

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
For a year now I can easily start my BS from inside my house with no problems.
Now it will not work at home but works fine when I get off work.
I logged into my Wi-Fi last night because it was off. This morning no remote start and it was logged off.
I get to work and do mouthing. End of day it starts remotely from my phone. I get home I’m not logged into my Wi-Fi.
How can I get to get on my Wi-Fi again with out me doing it ?
I have a very strong router.
had it all year, it’s Wi-Fi 6 with beam tech and a full load of signal bars out side my house and I’m on all over my 1.5 acres?
Any idea’s ?
My dealer recommended a master reset.
waiting to hear from the internet guru’s before I do that.
That sounds like the simplest step 1. How long does the car typically sit at home? How about at work?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
did the sport go into battery saving mode? its done that here on very cold nights and wont let us remote start. just curious.
i would also try unplugging your wi-fi for like 10-15 mins, and load everything back up.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Does the base model require WiFi for remote start to function? My Big Bend does not.

Since remote start unctions normally away from your home, I’m thinking it’s a local network issue in your house. Try disabling WiFi on your phone and issuing the request from FordPass.

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
That sounds like the simplest step 1. How long does the car typically sit at home? How about at work?
At home all night at work three days a week 9 to 5

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
did the sport go into battery saving mode? its done that here on very cold nights and wont let us remote start. just curious.
i would also try unplugging your wi-fi for like 10-15 mins, and load everything back up.
No pattern, started on the coldest night, we hit 18.
Our router does not benefit from us doing restarts they do nothing as the CPU restarts when it needs to,

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Does the base model require WiFi for remote start to function? My Big Bend does not.

Since remote start unctions normally away from your home, I’m thinking it’s a local network issue in your house. Try disabling WiFi on your phone and issuing the request from FordPass.
Ok, I’ll try The FordPass.
If I disable the Wi-Fi it starts just fine with the LTE net.

WoodmanMN

Base
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Define "very cold".
It's already been -20F here in Northern MN, a few nights last week, and our Bronco Sport Base's remote start from our phone apps has worked fine.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Ok, I’ll try The FordPass.
If I disable the Wi-Fi it starts just fine with the LTE net.
There is your answer. It's obviously not the car, or the app. Your wifi is somehow blocking the app from sending the start command to the car.

I'd check to see if you maybe enabled some type of MAC restriction, or parental control.

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is your answer. It's obviously not the car, or the app. Your wifi is somehow blocking the app from sending the start command to the car.

I'd check to see if you maybe enabled some type of MAC restriction, or parental control.
Wow not a clue on what I did

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Define "very cold".
It's already been -20F here in Northern MN, a few nights last week, and our Bronco Sport Base's remote start from our phone apps has worked fine.
very cold meaning a few days of solid -40 cecius or -41 fahrenheit, so its been pretty freakin cold. started fine with key, just no command nor fordpass start. also base model here.
i just figured maaaaybe same issue we experienced. ??‍♂

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I'm with the battery theory.
The next time it happens take a voltmeter to the battery and see how much voltage it has.

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm with the battery theory.
The next time it happens take a voltmeter to the battery and see how much voltage it has.
Ok good idea I’ll do that. And I’ll get a voltage check in right after a drive. I am aware of all the little things going on that drain our batteries.
FWIW it remote started just fine this morning.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Are you saying the your Bronco Sport is reporting it is disconnected (logged off) from your home wi-fi? But still connects at work (automatically)? This is not a problem with your phone nor your home Wi-Fi logging on/off -- IOW both are stoble and connected/logged on as far as your home network, phone, and all other home devices?

Is your phone connected on WI-Fi, or 4G when at work?

The Bronco Sport should receive the commands on 4G at least, not sure but maybe also does on Wi-Fi when connected (e.g. outside work or home). However your testing indicates to me the problem is with your phone, specifically when on your home Wi-Fi, since it seems to successfully send commands (i.e. start) over 4G. Your phone most likely prioritizes Wi-Fi when switched on, versus 4G. If there is something wrong communication-wise over your Wi-Fi, but your phone thinks it's connected on Wi-Fi, it will never "know" something is wrong, and never try the 4G connection (which is apparently working for you).

Last edited:

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Sometimes the fob with the start button is so much easier, works every time. The Ford Pass app is a lot better than the Jeep app.
Sponsored