YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Does the base have the ability to remote start? I don't think my base has a remote start option or does it work from the app?
Sponsored

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
Does the base have the ability to remote start? I don't think my base has a remote start option or does it work from the app?
Every Ford vehicle equipped with FordPass Connect should be able to be remote started via FordPass app on your smartphone. Even those that do not remote start capability on the key fob.

So, for instance, a Bronco Sport Base or Big Bend without Remote Start button on the key fob can be remote started via the app.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Sorry I have the BigBend model and I took a screenshot when I open the app, and it’s there.
Ford Bronco Sport Base model remote start question. E55320DC-28F3-4C51-96B5-E6C3EFA6BD2F

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Osco,
Sync doesnt use your wifi router for remote starting, it uses your phones cell signal with the Ford Pass app.
Sync does use wifi (your network/router) for updates if you have it enabled.

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Osco,
Sync doesnt use your wifi router for remote starting, it uses your phones cell signal with the Ford Pass app.
Sync does use wifi (your network/router) for updates if you have it enabled.
Ok then can you explain why, when it fails to start via the app I go out and find it’s not connected to my Wi-Fi ?
There is no LTE network signal at my house, only my wifi.
oh and I can go a week or two all the while staying logged in then suddenly it won’t log in but I can do it manually as I see it in the wifi list all the time.
Still confused.
Btw without fail it logs onto the Wi-Fi at work, never misses there.
My signal at home is more powerful and far faster,,, I need a geek I think. :,P

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sync and Ford Pass use the AT&T (wireless) network to transmit and receive data, if you have poor AT&T coverage where you live you may have little to no service, and that is possibly why remote start is not working consistently from your home.
Sync uses your home wifi or whatever wifi you connect to so it can receive updates.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I installed an aftermarket remote starter on my girlfriend's 17 fusion. It just plugged into the back of the OBDII port and used the factory fob to start. Just push lock, unlock, lock to start. Why couldn't there be some button combination on the fob without the start button.
Sponsored