Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts m1pz-19d520-a

Looks nice yeah? Mine didn't come with a trailer hitch so I need to order one. But I noticed an issue...

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts 20210804_135300

Yeah that doesn't match up. Factory has a separate bumper for trailer hitches and it isn't part of the accessories. I've seen some less than desirable cuts made to make the hitch fit with out the factory hitch bumper. So I went digging.

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts s-l1600

This one is up on ebay right now for $300 + $200 shipping. I hit up my local collision center to see which part number will fit my Bronco. They said swapping the existing sensors and everything else shouldn't be an issue. I'll update once I have their price.

There's 5 variations of the part number:
M1PZ-17906-SA
M1PZ-17906-SB
M1PZ-17906-SC <-This is the one we narrowed down that has the cuts for the hitch
M1PZ-17906-SD
M1PZ-17906-SE

I hope this might help anyone else who's looking to spend a little more for a factory look.

***Update
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts 20220427_082304

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts 20220427_082718

It all worked out! Ordered the bumper M1PZ-17906-SC along with the hitch kit and wiring harness and had my dealer install it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Cost less to have just ordered one...........
Got mine off the lot, just doin' what I can to make it the way I want it. Didn't really have the luxury of waiting since I needed to replace my old 00 Expedition with something a bit more commuter friendly and by chance they had just gotten their first Outer Banks.

But yeah, it's probably not going to be cheap like I said. And again I'll post the the quote for the part and install once I get it. No idea if the ebay price is even close to the actual value of the part. That's just how I found the part and the part number.

There might be other people looking to accomplish the same thing by keeping a factory look. Might just be me, but hey posting for prosperity right?

Last edited:

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Where’s the rest of that bronco sport? Lol

I know there aren’t any aftermarket bumpers out right now, I’ve looked… unless they welded their own custom bumper.

OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Okay so the part number is M1PZ-17906-SC. The part retails for around $600 but you can get it online for around $400. The main issue is that I was told that the part does need paint, and you also have labor costs for the removal and installation of the bumper.

I was quoted $1,112.65 for this venture.

They wanted $300 for paint and another $300 for labor.

***Yeah, so it doesn't need paint. You can just take the tabs off the existing bumper and put them on instead of using the new unpainted ones.

Last edited:

JTAV8R

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I bought mine from E-Trailer
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Ford/Bronco+Sport/2021/DT93MR.html?ehicleID=20216004106

I did the install myself in about 2 hours. There is one small 4" x 5" cut to the very lower aspect of the bumper valence well below the normal sight line. You would have to lay down and slide under the vehicle to see the cut. Once installed I measured the distance from the receiver to the ground, then went to the dealership and measured one on a Big Bend they had on the lot. 3/4 of an inch higher than mine, so height is about the same as factory,

I will say as evidenced by the pictures here, if your not somewhat mechanically inclined, I wouldn't recommend this for you as you will have to remove several parts and pieces from your Bronco.
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts Bronco Hitch 1

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts Bronco Hitch 2
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts Bronco Hitch 3
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts Bronco Hitch 4

OP
OP
vxarctic

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So I have another update. I was told I might not need to have the bumper painted after all, the body parts on the side under the taillight on my current bumper are separate pieces, so they should just be able to use the current ones. Still waiting on the trailer hitch to arrive.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Okay so the part number is M1PZ-17906-SC. The part retails for around $600 but you can get it online for around $400. The main issue is that I was told that the part does need paint, and you also have labor costs for the removal and installation of the bumper.

I was quoted $1,112.65 for this venture.

They wanted $300 for paint and another $300 for labor.
Have you heard of Ford telling dealers they need to "cut the openings" out of the supposedly correct bumper?

I tried to order the bumper from a reliable Ford dealer but their notes are saying they have to "drill and cut" as appropriate to accommodate the trailer hitch even on the 'SC' bumper.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Ford/Bronco+Sport/2021/DT93MR.html?ehicleID=20216004106

I did the install myself in about 2 hours. There is one small 4" x 5" cut to the very lower aspect of the bumper valence well below the normal sight line. You would have to lay down and slide under the vehicle to see the cut. Once installed I measured the distance from the receiver to the ground, then went to the dealership and measured one on a Big Bend they had on the lot. 3/4 of an inch higher than mine, so height is about the same as factory,

I will say as evidenced by the pictures here, if your not somewhat mechanically inclined, I wouldn't recommend this for you as you will have to remove several parts and pieces from your Bronco.

So you lose almost an inch of ground clearance on the rear when you do it that way? That takes a BB or OB down to about 7“ clearance which is not a lot. A Honda Civic has 6.8”. Also I assume it has a high impact on angle of departure.

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,

Nice install, we have the same Kuat bike rack.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
But yeah, it's probably not going to be cheap like I said. And again I'll post the the quote for the part and install once I get it. No idea if the ebay price is even close to the actual value of the part. That's just how I found the part and the part number.

There might be other people looking to accomplish the same thing by keeping a factory look. Might just be me, but hey posting for prosperity right?
I looked up the price online from various Ford parts places and the least expensive was $440 just for the bumper with $37 shipping. Works out to be a lot less for an all new part.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I looked up the price online from various Ford parts places and the least expensive was $440 just for the bumper with $37 shipping. Works out to be a lot less for an all new part.
Except I was told by two dealerships that if you order the supposed right bumper the dealership has to "drill and cut" the trailer hitch openings.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Except I was told by two dealerships that if you order the supposed right bumper the dealership has to "drill and cut" the trailer hitch openings.
That makes no sense. They don't have to drill and cut it at the factory. And why would they have different part numbers then for the bumper with the trailer package?
Sponsored