Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Where is the tail light plug? I had my dealer install mine and it looks like the plug is in the factory location but they cut a hole in the bumper so I can access it.
Good catch.

Maybe he didn't get the wiring harness installed?
Sponsored

Michigunman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Where is the tail light plug? I had my dealer install mine and it looks like the plug is in the factory location but they cut a hole in the bumper so I can access it.
Do you have a pic of your 4 pin plug? I have been through all these hitch threads and no one seems to have it installed in the bumper (other than those that replaced their bumper cover).

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Do you have a pic of your 4 pin plug? I have been through all these hitch threads and no one seems to have it installed in the bumper (other than those that replaced their bumper cover).
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts hitch2

wmhoneycutt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My apologies for delayed response. I hadn't installed the wiring kit at the time of taking this picture, but I have it installed now. I used my CNC machine to make a bracket to hold the plug itself. I'll be honest, the wiring kit wasn't for the feint of heart. You definitely need a trim removal kit for that.

As for the arch wheel molding clips... On the passenger side, I'm pretty certain I broke all of them. But I still couldn't get it off! So, I just left the sucker on there.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Alright, what about ordering the 3 major pieces (hitch, bumper and electrical) all OEM from Ford. Any idea what kind of shop time labor hours we’re talking? I only have a couple of options for doing this in my garage with help. I probably have all the tools needed, but no lift. Just thinking if I have all the parts and make an appointment to have it installed, that might alleviate a lot of frustration on this old lady’s heart. Open to suggestions.

Yes I should have ordered it with the tow package. I tried to add it after I ordered and it didn’t get added. At the time I ordered, the system would not add the tow package. Not sure why it wouldn't, but the moonroof was my priority. Don’t judge 😘.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Alright, what about ordering the 3 major pieces (hitch, bumper and electrical) all OEM from Ford. Any idea what kind of shop time labor hours we’re talking? I only have a couple of options for doing this in my garage with help. I probably have all the tools needed, but no lift. Just thinking if I have all the parts and make an appointment to have it installed, that might alleviate a lot of frustration on this old lady’s heart. Open to suggestions.

Yes I should have ordered it with the tow package. I tried to add it after I ordered and it didn’t get added. At the time I ordered, the system would not add the tow package. Not sure why it wouldn't, but the moonroof was my priority. Don’t judge 😘.
I was in the same boat with the hitch. The OEM wiring is a lot of work(splicing wires, running wires). I ended up buying a zero contact interface; super easy and works great; uhaul carries them for $160. The hardest part was running the power to the front of the vehicle.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AkZ1bl2QkqA&ved=2ahUKEwi7o6OQ8673AhWMJEQIHTIVCC0Qjjh6BAgKEAI&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw3flBSYEKUelubZSw4365pS

It's a BL in the video so you can just follow the wires they sourced out for the functions.

wmhoneycutt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

No special tools needed outside of the plastic trim removal tools. This is the kit I have. ChefDank is right. The hardest part was running power to battery. However, if you take your time and use the trim removal tools, its fairly simple. There is a "cable channel", if you will, that runs along the bottom left. Just have to make sure you don't break the clips

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts m1pz-19d520-a

Looks nice yeah? Mine didn't come with a trailer hitch so I need to order one. But I noticed an issue...

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts 20210804_135300

Yeah that doesn't match up. Factory has a separate bumper for trailer hitches and it isn't part of the accessories. I've seen some less than desirable cuts made to make the hitch fit with out the factory hitch bumper. So I went digging.

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts s-l1600

This one is up on ebay right now for $300 + $200 shipping. I hit up my local collision center to see which part number will fit my Bronco. They said swapping the existing sensors and everything else shouldn't be an issue. I'll update once I have their price.

There's 5 variations of the part number:
M1PZ-17906-SA
M1PZ-17906-SB
M1PZ-17906-SC <-This is the one we narrowed down that has the cuts for the hitch
M1PZ-17906-SD
M1PZ-17906-SE

I hope this might help anyone else who's looking to spend a little more for a factory look.

***Update
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts 20220427_082304

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts 20220427_082718

It all worked out! Ordered the bumper M1PZ-17906-SC along with the hitch kit and wiring harness and had my dealer install it.
Looks good, how much did the dealer charge for installation?

Deleted member 7904

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts m1pz-19d520-a

Looks nice yeah? Mine didn't come with a trailer hitch so I need to order one. But I noticed an issue...

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts 20210804_135300

Yeah that doesn't match up. Factory has a separate bumper for trailer hitches and it isn't part of the accessories. I've seen some less than desirable cuts made to make the hitch fit with out the factory hitch bumper. So I went digging.

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts s-l1600

This one is up on ebay right now for $300 + $200 shipping. I hit up my local collision center to see which part number will fit my Bronco. They said swapping the existing sensors and everything else shouldn't be an issue. I'll update once I have their price.

There's 5 variations of the part number:
M1PZ-17906-SA
M1PZ-17906-SB
M1PZ-17906-SC <-This is the one we narrowed down that has the cuts for the hitch
M1PZ-17906-SD
M1PZ-17906-SE

I hope this might help anyone else who's looking to spend a little more for a factory look.

***Update
Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts 20220427_082304

Ford Bronco Sport Factory Bumper With OEM Trailer Hitch Cuts 20220427_082718

It all worked out! Ordered the bumper M1PZ-17906-SC along with the hitch kit and wiring harness and had my dealer install it.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
How much for the entire install? Did they do a clean job with the wiring, bumper, etc?

Deleted member 7904

Ordered the correct bumper, trailer hitch and wiring harness today from local Ford dealership. Scheduled to arrive by end of next week. Body shop will use the bumper I ordered rather than replace with the same I have now. I will pay them to install the hitch and wiring harness. Just makes sense to me to get all this done while it's being repaired for the accident damage since they will be removing and replacing the bumper any way.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Ordered the correct bumper, trailer hitch and wiring harness today from local Ford dealership. Scheduled to arrive by end of next week. Body shop will use the bumper I ordered rather than replace with the same I have now. I will pay them to install the hitch and wiring harness. Just makes sense to me to get all this done while it's being repaired for the accident damage since they will be removing and replacing the bumper any way.
I've got an open box, unused Ford OEM wiring harness for sale if you'd like to save some dough.

Deleted member 7904

I've got an open box, unused Ford OEM wiring harness for sale if you'd like to save some dough.
Thanks bjbena...but I've already ordered and don't want to deal with hassle canceling or returning. I shoulda checked forum before ordering
Sponsored