What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Modes:
I have tried ECO mode and would say city driving it feels a little sluggish on the gas pedal probably only will be used for cruise control on the highway, Normal Mode is a lot more responsive and the mode I've been staying in especially in the city or traffic-congested areas.
Unfortunately, ECO mode will not yield a significant difference in fuel mileage on the highway, mainly because it doesn't make the engine any more fuel efficient. All other things being equal (grade, wind, etc.), it takes a given amount of horsepower to keep the car rolling at highway speed, and the engine uses the same amount of fuel to produce that horsepower no matter what driving mode you're using. It makes sense if you think about it. If ECO mode made the car more efficient during highway cruising the computer would be engage it automatically (like the silly auto stop-start) when highway cruising to get the best EPA rating.

ECO mode works primarily by limiting acceleration and keeping RPM as low as possible. Accelerating mass requires energy. The faster you accelerate the more fuel you use. ECO mode reduces throttle response, so you don't accelerate as hard at partial throttle. Similarly, lower RPM uses less fuel, so ECO mode upshifts the transmission sooner. That means in ECO mode you have to step on the gas pedal harder and wait a bit longer to get the same acceleration and/or to get the transmission to downshift compared to NORMAL mode, and that's why the car feels sluggish around town.

If you live in an area with a lot of hills you might see a bit better fuel mileage using ECO mode on the highway, but your cruise control will probably not hold speed as well either, for all of the above reasons.

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
Unfortunately, ECO mode will not yield a significant difference in fuel mileage on the highway, mainly because it doesn't make the engine any more fuel efficient. All other things being equal (grade, wind, etc.), it takes a given amount of horsepower to keep the car rolling at highway speed, and the engine uses the same amount of fuel to produce that horsepower no matter what driving mode you're using. It makes sense if you think about it. If ECO mode made the car more efficient during highway cruising the computer would be engage it automatically (like the silly auto stop-start) when highway cruising to get the best EPA rating.

ECO mode works primarily by limiting acceleration and keeping RPM as low as possible. Accelerating mass requires energy. The faster you accelerate the more fuel you use. ECO mode reduces throttle response, so you don't accelerate as hard at partial throttle. Similarly, lower RPM uses less fuel, so ECO mode upshifts the transmission sooner. That means in ECO mode you have to step on the gas pedal harder and wait a bit longer to get the same acceleration and/or to get the transmission to downshift compared to NORMAL mode, and that's why the car feels sluggish around town.

If you live in an area with a lot of hills you might see a bit better fuel mileage using ECO mode on the highway, but your cruise control will probably not hold speed as well either, for all of the above reasons.
Speaking of cruise control, I haven't seen it fluctuate much at all with the 1.5L, which is really impressive to me. Even stock, my truck would lose some speed before accelerating - this thing doesn't seem to care much and just holds.

Mind you, my area isn't mountainous, but it's definitely a hilly area compared to most (in North America).

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Installed the front license plate bracket.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 100_1821.JPG

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Not just today, but, here's what I've been up to:
Added "behind the screen" cubby, console organizer, some kit attached to seat backs, and a lock box to the interior.
Put together my basic "off road" kit as shown in the pics. This is easy to load up as it's all in two bags. I think it will be more than enough for the off-roading and winter trips I usually do.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_1717.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_1717a.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_1718.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_1721.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_1722.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_1723.JPG

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I bought the Vortex vinyl decals that I saw others with on here and put those on today, I bought them in reflective light. Sorry for the crappy pics but this was the best angle I could get to show them but I really like how they look so far. I still have to install my sill plates, bumper cover and I have an appointment with the Ford service center to install the dash cams I received today. I am taking the car for the detailing and paint protection soon so I may just pay to have them install the bumper cover then. The sill plates I can do myself I don’t think its hard to do those myself.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? F02AEE0C-BCF0-4852-BF7E-365C304FB55D
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? F9CC41AC-93C7-4C98-98D7-8E453AC5C051

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
New here. Got mine a week ago. So far, tint all around. Bug guard. Weather mats.. and was just testing the one white letter. Putting on rest tomorrow

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20211119_153959

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20211113_101627

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20211117_094418
There might be a lot of people who would trade you the white for black lettering.
Sponsored