Potential fix to aftermarket leveling kits clunking!

Kcura11

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
Many have experienced clunking after installing aftermarket leveling kits, I think I have possibly figured out the problem. There needs to be clearance on top of strut for rubber gasket to "flex". these after market lifts compress this rubber gasket causing clearance from he top bolt. I designed and spacer and installed on my outer banks and solved the problem. Been driving with it for 2000 miles no issue so far.

Please DM me for more details and if interested in the product!

Ford Bronco Sport Potential fix to aftermarket leveling kits clunking! IMG_1094

Ford Bronco Sport Potential fix to aftermarket leveling kits clunking! IMG_1016-1

Ford Bronco Sport Potential fix to aftermarket leveling kits clunking! IMG_1014-1
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
From looking at these pictures this so called lift/leveling kit is just preloading/compressing the struts ?
Am I seeing this correctly ? All the Sports I’ve seen on the road are always level without any mods.
I’m confused….
I would think this would do nothing more than destroy the comfort side of the ride as the springs are variable rate allowing the first 5 to 10% of the travel being setup to damp out all the little road imperfections.

Last edited:

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
From looking at these pictures this so called lift/leveling kit is just preloading/compressing the struts ?
Am I seeing this correctly ? All the Sports I’ve seen on the road are always level without any mods.
I’m confused….
I would think this would do nothing more than destroy the comfort side of the ride as the springs are variable rate allowing the first 5 to 10% of the travel being setup to damp out all the little road imperfections.
Probably why I've seen many pple complain about the rougher ride on paved roads after these aftermarket lifts.
With these spacers you probably need to change out the spring to really get the right ride. I would see how much the BL/FE OEM springs would be and throw them on the lower trims ?‍♂
Good luck either way; but this is the reason I've stayed stock on my BL even tho I would love to throw some real truck tires on her

poptarts

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport base
I installed the 2” front and rear kit from
Ford Ranger lifts. I am very satisfied with my lift. But when I’m hitting bumps I’ve getting that clunking noise. But on flat roads I don’t get it. It’s driving me nuts!

OP
OP

Kcura11

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
Installing a leveling lift is a personal choice of course you sacrifice comfort, but these lifts are causing issues like I said cause it compresses a gasket on top of the strut, my product cause a space to relieve that compression causing no clunking. @poptarts this may be your issue

Chevyguy

Base
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have read from many people about the clunking of their level kits, but seems to me that this is an issue of installation (maybe). I had mine installed (4wp 1”) for several weeks and have not encountered this and did not need any rubber padding either. Maybe your onto something with resolving either bad design or bad installations with this product but it’s also trending towards some but not all level kits have “clunking” issues.

Nick246

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue bronco sport
This product definitely takes the clunking problem with some of the lift kits away. I've had them installed for over 1000 miles and am extremely satisfied with the result.

jjandrade7

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Many have experienced clunking after installing aftermarket leveling kits, I think I have possibly figured out the problem. There needs to be clearance on top of strut for rubber gasket to "flex". these after market lifts compress this rubber gasket causing clearance from he top bolt. I designed and spacer and installed on my outer banks and solved the problem. Been driving with it for 2000 miles no issue so far.

Ford Bronco Sport Potential fix to aftermarket leveling kits clunking! IMG_1016-1

Ford Bronco Sport Potential fix to aftermarket leveling kits clunking! IMG_1014-1
I want one

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
I have read from many people about the clunking of their level kits, but seems to me that this is an issue of installation (maybe). I had mine installed (4wp 1”) for several weeks and have not encountered this and did not need any rubber padding either. Maybe your onto something with resolving either bad design or bad installations with this product but it’s also trending towards some but not all level kits have “clunking” issues.
Sir, is your sport a BL and is the 1 inch lift from fordrangerlifts.com? I'm planning on lifting our BL after it arrives.

vezpa

First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick

Check your PMs.

BkBronco

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had a 2” Fordrangerlift on my Big bend that I drove for 2500 miles with the strut clunking noise…and it was driving me nuts as much as I tried to ignore it. This spacer solved the problem for me and now I’m not hearing anything. If you’re hearing front strut noises after a lift/level, this will likely fix it.

Ozzy1275

Outer Banks
First Name
Osvaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Are you still selling these I am interested if you are?

iverr6

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 17' Corvette Z06.
I installed the 2” front and rear kit from
Ford Ranger lifts. I am very satisfied with my lift. But when I’m hitting bumps I’ve getting that clunking noise. But on flat roads I don’t get it. It’s driving me nuts!
I had the same problem. Found anti roll bar end link nuts were loose, torqued them down and problem solved.

OP
OP

Kcura11

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
I had the same problem. Found anti roll bar end link nuts were loose, torqued them down and problem solved.
This can also be an issue but not always the solution
Sponsored