Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member of the forum. I own a 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks in Kodiak Brown - I feel very lucky to have it. Bought it on a whim on the dealer lot in May. Always wanted a Bronco Sport since they first released pictures of them, but I didn't think it would be practical as I am a mom with a 2 year old son. The deciding factor for me was if his rear-facing car seat would fit - and it did! Bought it right then and there.

In the past I owned many different vehicles - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2-door with a lift and many other add-ons that my husband did for me. I traded it in once I found out I was pregnant because it wasn't practical. Hands down, my BS is waaaay better than the Jeep and any other vehicle I drove in the past. I feel at home in it and that it was made for me :inlove:.

I would always read posts from this forum before becoming a member. My husband convinced me to join and this is actually the first forum I ever joined! I'm happy to be here and look forward to speaking with you all! ?
Ford Bronco Sport New Member Here IMG_9335
Sponsored

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

A rear facing car seat was the deciding factor for my wife and I as well. So glad it fit because I really like the BS. It's also nice have four door again after driving mustangs for the last 10 years.

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

A rear facing car seat was the deciding factor for my wife and I as well. So glad it fit because I really like the BS. It's also nice have four door again after driving mustangs for the last 10 years.
I agree with you - I had 2 Mustangs in my lifetime and at this stage of life I’m in, I can’t imagine not having a 4 door vehicle now. It’s crazy because I watched so many reviews on the BS before purchasing one and majority of them said that it’s hard to fit a RF car seat in the back. It was actually better than a previous vehicle I was using with the car seat. I’m just happy it worked out!

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Ahhh, Kodiak Brown, destined to be a collectors model.

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhh, Kodiak Brown, destined to be a collectors model.
It really is such a beautiful color that has to be seen in person. Still don’t know how it’s not considered an upgraded color…

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
It really is such a beautiful color that has to be seen in person. Still don’t know how it’s not considered an upgraded color…
oh, I like it too, just not as much as carb grey. it does seem to be a rare color. I've yet to see one in person and now it's discontinued.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I agree with you - I had 2 Mustangs in my lifetime and at this stage of life I’m in, I can’t imagine not having a 4 door vehicle now. It’s crazy because I watched so many reviews on the BS before purchasing one and majority of them said that it’s hard to fit a RF car seat in the back. It was actually better than a previous vehicle I was using with the car seat. I’m just happy it worked out!
yeah I loved my mustang but it was racking up repair costs so out it went.
The first car seat we tried did not fit at all, but thankfully the more expensive car seat did fit, can’t remember the brand, I’m just happy it worked.

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah I loved my mustang but it was racking up repair costs so out it went.
The first car seat we tried did not fit at all, but thankfully the more expensive car seat did fit, can’t remember the brand, I’m just happy it worked.
That is the worst - I hear you on getting fed up with the repair costs. I was driving a Lincoln MKX before this - only had it for a few months, but it wouldn’t stop leaking oil (w/ only 27K miles on it). Took it to a couple dealerships multiple times. Saw the Bronco Sport (I own now) on the lot and traded in my Lincoln while they were still working on it.
The car seat I have is a Nuna, definitely not cheap… good to know that they all don’t fit. I guess we both got lucky we found ones that did!

OP
OP
KodiakMomCrawler

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome and enjoy! No more Kodiak Brown after this year!
Thank you so much!
I heard! So sad they are discontinuing it.

Reactions: Wyo

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
I have to say that Kodiak Brown is a very nice color. I would have definitely gotten that color if they had it in stock!
Sponsored