ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I used a grinder to take a little off the pinch weld and painted it with black paint.

I cut a slit out of the Kydex sheet and left the lower pinch weld bare. I flexed the front suspension on my ramps to check clearance.

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210813_164315

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210813_164330

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210813_165238
You answered my next question; great job bro ??? I really love the look. Did you put the lift in yourself? I know Robbie has some pretty good videos out on the process.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Nick246

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue bronco sport
Those look awesome. Not that you probably care, but with the size and huge weight difference over the stock tires, your gas mileage had to take a big hit.
I bet I did take a hit. I hadn't broken it in before the lift and I'm not sure what it got before. Speedometer is off by around 4mph at 70.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I bet I did take a hit. I hadn't broken it in before the lift and I'm not sure what it got before. Speedometer is off by around 4mph at 70.
Is the dealer able to calibrate the speedometer or are you planning to do it yourself?

OP
OP

Nick246

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue bronco sport
You answered my next question; great job bro ??? I really love the look. Did you put the lift in yourself? I know Robbie has some pretty good videos out on the process.
I put the lift in myself. I love car projects like that. Expensive hobby though. I think my wife wishes I had a cheaper past time. ?

I followed the video very closely to ensure I covered everything.

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210811_130453

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210812_075056

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I put the lift in myself. I love car projects like that. Expensive hobby though. I think my wife wishes I had a cheaper past time. ?

I followed the video very closely to ensure I covered everything.

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210811_130453

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210812_075056
Yeah I do a lot of car projects myself, and I've been on the fence of doing it myself or bringing it in.
Love the setup
???
I wish I had the space

OP
OP

Nick246

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue bronco sport
Is the dealer able to calibrate the speedometer or are you planning to do it yourself?
Dealer won't mess with speedometer. You have to get a private person or do it yourself. My last project was a ford ranger that I lifted and put 33s on. I used an OBD and forscan to change the speedometer. I had to wait on a code change to be posted for the ranger. I may do that when they have one for the bronco.

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20200423_175606

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Finally completed. Woolworth lift, VR forged wheels, KO2s, fender flares, nudge bar, adjustable sway bar links, and tint.

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210829_173115

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210829_172324
Like the bullbar look on this, saw it on their site the other day. Much better than the rough country look. Still think I'm gonna hold out for something with a winch attachment thou.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Dealer won't mess with speedometer. You have to get a private person or do it yourself. My last project was a ford ranger that I lifted and put 33s on. I used an OBD and forscan to change the speedometer. I had to wait on a code change to be posted for the ranger. I may do that when they have one for the bronco.

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20200423_175606
@Nick246, Thank you! That is a really nice Ford Ranger. Your Bronco looks really nice too.

OP
OP

Nick246

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue bronco sport
Like the bullbar look on this, saw it on their site the other day. Much better than the rough country look. Still think I'm gonna hold out for something with a winch attachment thou.
Yeah. This one is looks only. You'll need something significantly stronger than anything currently on the market.

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Finally completed. Woolworth lift, VR forged wheels, KO2s, fender flares, nudge bar, adjustable sway bar links, and tint.

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210829_173115

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210829_172324

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 1

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 2

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 3

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 4

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 5

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 6
Does the nudge bar interfere with any of the sensors or the camera?
Is there enough of the tow hooks to be able to hook on them?

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Would hitting a bump or pothole at speed push the tire into the pinch weld?

OP
OP

Nick246

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue bronco sport
Does the nudge bar interfere with any of the sensors or the camera?
Is there enough of the tow hooks to be able to hook on them?
Tow hooks must be removed to place the nudge bar. The nudge bar is not strong enough for towing or recovery. It's well made and sturdy but mostly for show.

It doesn't interfere with any sensors and you can see it in the front camera but it doesn't block it too much.

Ford Bronco Sport Lifted Alto Blue Badlands Bronco Sport Build 20210831_190039

OP
OP

Nick246

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue bronco sport
Would hitting a bump or pothole at speed push the tire into the pinch weld?
No. The tires will not contact the pinch weld with big bumps or potholes. I've hit a few already without a problem.
Sponsored