bronco bill

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I hope evryone realizes that big brother is watching everything we do with our Broncos. That goes for warranty work ( i have no idea how that happened) To insurance companies that wont pay a claim because you were speeding. This REALLY freaks me out. Anyone elsse
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thats a broad statement. I know the dealers document our warranty work, and I always suspect insurance companies try not to pay as many claims as to exceed premiums so they can make money, It sucks, but we have to buy it so it’s pretty much rigged against us. Won’t stop me from loving my Bronco Sport Badlands. Am I missing something? Is there more to it?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I hope evryone realizes that big brother is watching everything we do with our Broncos. That goes for warranty work ( i have no idea how that happened) To insurance companies that wont pay a claim because you were speeding. This REALLY freaks me out. Anyone elsse
The benefits of technology also accept and introduce the intrusiveness of "I know what you did"...to that point accidents happen, but in the same breath claiming ignorance isn't easy anymore. And insurance had always been a "scam". My mom worked in insurance for decades. Said all the owners were multi millionaire because the bet is always in their favor. Yeah it's great when you need it. .

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
hardly new or exclusive to the Bronco. as far back as 10yrs "black box" data convicted a driver in a high speed accident.
everything we do in the electronic world is open game. there is no anonymity for "big brother" based on past DOJ actions.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
It's not just the Bronco Sport. Your cell phone tracks your movements, credit and debit cards your purchase locations, memberships to stores track every thing you buy there. Heck your fitness tracker may be tracking your movements by GPS very accurately.

As said the black box in new cars tracks vehicle data as you drive. That could be used against you in court or a warranty claim.

That's not even mentioning having Alexa and Siri listening all of the time.

Then there are things you post on forums, Facebook, etc. People have for sure been denied warranty claims based upon their social media posting.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The benefits of technology also accept and introduce the intrusiveness of "I know what you did"...to that point accidents happen, but in the same breath claiming ignorance isn't easy anymore. And insurance had always been a "scam". My mom worked in insurance for decades. Said all the owners were multi millionaire because the bet is always in their favor. Yeah it's great when you need it. .
Yeah I don’t wanna say insurance is all bad I mean I’ve had an insurance claim paid fully so it obviously works some of the time.

OP
OP

bronco bill

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
It's not just the Bronco Sport. Your cell phone tracks your movements, credit and debit cards your purchase locations, memberships to stores track every thing you buy there. Heck your fitness tracker may be tracking your movements by GPS very accurately.

As said the black box in new cars tracks vehicle data as you drive. That could be used against you in court or a warranty claim.

Then there are things you post on forums, Facebook, etc. People have for sure been denied warranty claims based upon their social media posting.
But, none of this goes directly back to the mfg. of your car like Ford pass. I like my little sport but not the way you sign your life away with Ford pass. IMHO

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
The black box info does, unless you mean realtime, If the vehicle can give you it's location and/or you can remote start it with your phone, it probably is sending data to Ford at will if not realtime.
I would not be surprised if Ford has agreements to share data collected through Carplay, Android Auto and Alexa/Siri.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
The black box info does, unless you mean realtime, If the vehicle can give you it's location and/or you can remote start it with your phone, it probably is sending data to Ford at will if not realtime.
I would not be surprised if Ford has agreements to share data collected through Carplay, Android Auto and Alexa/Siri.
Of course Ford knows all which can be a benefit if you have a problem. Really gave me the creeps though to see that they encourage you to allow them to share your black box data with your insurance co because it may lead to lower rates! Now that’s a load of BS and not of the Bronco Sport variety. When you hit the start button you surrender any quaint notion of privacy.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Keeping your online footprint small will help significantly with your exposure footprint. The more involvement with social media, online payment, Internet of Things and so forth really increases your exposure to Big Data collection and possible malicious exploit if compromised.

People willingly give up their privacy everyday for convenience.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

I used to worry more about this then I do now. It’s more for targeting ads, not a full on monitoring system. I know for the company I work for, we are in food, it’s about tracking who buys our product, obviously we want feedback from customers, but by getting access to sales data we can see if our advertising is working in a certain demographic etc. i was happy to turn om the drive data or whatever to ford, that info just helps them make a better product. They're not out for total world domination lol. Just my opinion. IMO Facebook is just a cess pool of disinformation and bickering. Same as Twitter. You’re doing yourself a favor by getting off there. The bottom line though, we can’t stop progress lol. Turn off the features you’re worried about, and try and not vilify every government regulatory body, they’re made up of people like us of similar concerns.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

No question people put far more information out there than they realize. On one end, the simple answer is don't share what you don't want others to know...the other part be smart...like the teacher posting pictures on a beach vacation when they were supposed to be working online...that's just dumb. When my son met his college coach they wanted full access to his social media. Their belief, he now represents that team and University. Posting drinking/drug use, stupid behavior is a bad look. Without getting too abrasive all well and good....but what happens when his religious or political outlook is under a microscope? Which seems to be the wind direction right now...granted I doubt that's what Ford wants from your data, like zero cool said, they want real time driver feedback and understanding how the vehicle is performing. Hopefully in the end that data makes the sport a far better vehicle. Shame out the bugs because bottom line, real world testing is as good as it gets.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just a thought. Has a Ford employee been intentionally monitoring this forum and anyone that makes negative statements about Ford get their build kicked to the back of the line? Big brother may be woven into this forum.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
No question people put far more information out there than they realize. On one end, the simple answer is don't share what you don't want others to know...the other part be smart...like the teacher posting pictures on a beach vacation when they were supposed to be working online...that's just dumb. When my son met his college coach they wanted full access to his social media. Their belief, he now represents that team and University. Posting drinking/drug use, stupid behavior is a bad look. Without getting too abrasive all well and good....but what happens when his religious or political outlook is under a microscope? Which seems to be the wind direction right now...granted I doubt that's what Ford wants from your data, like zero cool said, they want real time driver feedback and understanding how the vehicle is performing. Hopefully in the end that data makes the sport a far better vehicle. Shame out the bugs because bottom line, real world testing is as good as it gets.
Yeah wow that social media stuff with your kid is full on. Thats madness. We could go on and on about that. When I was on social media i used a pseudonym. All fake info. Then FB somehow, started sending me emails to my real email. Somehow poached my telephone number even though I never shared it. Thats when i was like screw this. Lol. The simple answer i think you said. Live your life and don’t post it. Everything online is put under a microscope. Don’t put it on the internet. A friend told me about something thats not run by social media where he can post photos of they’re kids so family from other states can see, they’re given they’re own log in credentials and its like a secure service. Your son and his friends should probably try something encrypted like that if they have to post stuff. If it’s off they’re phones, and on the net and encrypted and they don’t write they’re passwords down, the school cant access it lol!

it only takes one squealing pig to rat though!
so much easier before the internet lol.

Last edited:

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I used to worry more about this then I do now. It’s more for targeting ads, not a full on monitoring system. I know for the company I work for, we are in food, it’s about tracking who buys our product, obviously we want feedback from customers, but by getting access to sales data we can see if our advertising is working in a certain demographic etc. i was happy to turn om the drive data or whatever to ford, that info just helps them make a better product. They're not out for total world domination lol. Just my opinion. IMO Facebook is just a cess pool of disinformation and bickering. Same as Twitter. You’re doing yourself a favor by getting off there. The bottom line though, we can’t stop progress lol. Turn off the features you’re worried about, and try and not vilify every government regulatory body, they’re made up of people like us of similar concerns.
Most of big data is aggregated for business analytics and without nefarious intent.

That said,

I personally prefer privacy, so I turn off most tracking features, starting back when CarPlay started suggested my destination each time I got in the car, and it was surprisingly accurate, based on collected correlated data to include travel, message content, and I suspect, keywords in conversation. Once collected, this data may be used (especially if hacked) for some intent not even considered initially.

Also, IoT (Internet of Things) can provide a whole lot of convenient home automation and utility, but again, you're opening up another threat vector for malicious cyber activities.

This is not paranoia, just good sound operation security.
Sponsored