Bamster00

Badlands
First Name
Bam Bam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
I'm trying the Costco Auto program and will probably find out in a week or so the pricing after i meet with them (they are almost an hour away though). I suspect some dealers are trying to take advantage of this model and the mustang as they are supposedly a hot commodity and not always readily available. I'm trying to hold out for a Rapid Red BL w towing - there is hardly a red one in the tri-state area. Good luck!
Sponsored

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
So every ford dealer that I inquire for bronco sport has a mark up of $5,000-10,000 which is insanely high! The badlands in cyber orange with off road tire ended up out the door price of $40,000 without the badlands package. Is anyone having the same experience with these dealer mark ups??
4% under invoice with me

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So every ford dealer that I inquire for bronco sport has a mark up of $5,000-10,000 which is insanely high! The badlands in cyber orange with off road tire ended up out the door price of $40,000 without the badlands package. Is anyone having the same experience with these dealer mark ups??
I picked up a similar package, BL w/o BL package, it was $2k markup from msrp, didn’t have the Falken tires though. My guess is depending on your location and the demand now vs when I picked up mine in early Feb. There doesn’t appear to be a consistent number, but I can tell you that markups are occurring everywhere.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Out of curiosity I checked my local Ford and they're all 5k above MSRP. I live in off-road country, everyone's got all terrains out here.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
My local dealer offered invoice from the get-go. I can get X-plan which is slightly higher than invoice but saves hundreds on dealer fees.

OP
OP

henry16

Badlands
First Name
henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Out of curiosity I checked my local Ford and they're all 5k above MSRP. I live in off-road country, everyone's got all terrains out here.

I was able to negotiate from 5k above MSRP to 2k from our ford dealership

iconicslvr

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have an order that has shipped and should arrive in the next week or two. I went to my dealer to take care of some of the paperwork beforehand and they tried to get me to pay $5,000 over MSRP. I was shocked and nearly caused a scene, but I eventually got them down to 1,000 over the sticker price, which I'm still annoyed about. They claimed they had to put down a $1,000 non-refundable deposit, but who knows if that's actually true. I'm definitely not happy with this dealer, but I want the model/specs I ordered.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
I'm trying the Costco Auto program and will probably find out in a week or so the pricing after i meet with them (they are almost an hour away though). I suspect some dealers are trying to take advantage of this model and the mustang as they are supposedly a hot commodity and not always readily available. I'm trying to hold out for a Rapid Red BL w towing - there is hardly a red one in the tri-state area. Good luck!
Any updates on how things went w Costco? Debating between this route and the xplan.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I know some of you really want the Sport, but 2K to 5K over MSRP? Factor in the "off the lot instant depreciation" and it starts to look painful. I will do MSRP minus any incentives, but no more.

Sooner or later these things will be abundant.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
I know some of you really want the Sport, but 2K to 5K over MSRP? Factor in the "off the lot instant depreciation" and it starts to look painful. I will do MSRP minus any incentives, but no more.

Sooner or later these things will be abundant.
Over msrp on anything that isn't a Porsche with "GT" in the name is painful.

Bamster00

Badlands
First Name
Bam Bam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Any updates on how things went w Costco? Debating between this route and the xplan.
Sure - while I went thru their program - it's ok and the dealer I went to was no pressure and there was a dealer discount of just under $500 from the MSRP, BUT the discount was wiped out by an excessive Doc fee of approx. $700. Doc fees depend on what state you're in, so do an internet search per state and my state allows this, but I also live on the border of another state which caps doc fees at $75, so you know I went there. I told them part of the Costco dealer story, they came in lower, then with the low doc fee - the savings was significant and I ordered thru the out of state dealer. You can use the Costco quote as starting place if you don't like their dealer's quote. One word of advice - if you discuss a quote w a dealer - go thru the paper quote they send you in fine detail if the quote seems great - both dealers messed their quotes up by "accident". Good luck!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sure - while I went thru their program - it's ok and the dealer I went to was no pressure and there was a dealer discount of just under $500 from the MSRP, BUT the discount was wiped out by an excessive Doc fee of approx. $700. Doc fees depend on what state you're in, so do an internet search per state and my state allows this, but I also live on the border of another state which caps doc fees at $75, so you know I went there. I told them part of the Costco dealer story, they came in lower, then with the low doc fee - the savings was significant and I ordered thru the out of state dealer. You can use the Costco quote as starting place if you don't like their dealer's quote. One word of advice - if you discuss a quote w a dealer - go thru the paper quote they send you in fine detail if the quote seems great - both dealers messed their quotes up by "accident". Good luck!
Good to know. So far my quote with X-plan and minor incentive is just under MSRP before fees. Probably will end up close to sticker but he assured me they can wiggle some stuff and make up the contract before delivery to find the best options.
I found a Costco dealer which was a long way off, and after presenting payment estimates from the x plan, he hung up and hasn't called back. I'm guessing his guarantee that costco was better than X-plan was off by a few bucks. Found another Costco dealer much closer but over the state line, their taxes are higher so I didn't even bother following up.

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
I have an order that has shipped and should arrive in the next week or two. I went to my dealer to take care of some of the paperwork beforehand and they tried to get me to pay $5,000 over MSRP. I was shocked and nearly caused a scene, but I eventually got them down to 1,000 over the sticker price, which I'm still annoyed about. They claimed they had to put down a $1,000 non-refundable deposit, but who knows if that's actually true. I'm definitely not happy with this dealer, but I want the model/specs I ordered.
I call bs on your dealer
Sponsored