mrwhitson10

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi all. I recently installed this BOV adapter from Boomba racing that allows the turbo to VTA.
I have to say I am very impressed with the part. You get that nice turbo blow off sound and reduce pressure on the turbo when you release the gas pedal. I have also noticed that the turbo lag has improved some.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:https://www.boombaracing.com/ford-ecoboost-blow-off-valve-adapter-bova-v1/

A photo of it installed as well. If I get time I will try to post a video of the sound it makes as you accelerate.

Ford Bronco Sport Boomba Racing Blow Off Valve (BOV) adapter; Vent to Atmosphere on BL 2.0 F5766BDC-9DFD-47EC-9A3F-B669423EDC60
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
Any idea why it’s not listed for the 1.5?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Why?

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport OB / Focus RS
Hi all. I recently installed this BOV adapter from Boomba racing that allows the turbo to VTA.
I have to say I am very impressed with the part. You get that nice turbo blow off sound and reduce pressure on the turbo when you release the gas pedal. I have also noticed that the turbo lag has improved some.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:https://www.boombaracing.com/ford-ecoboost-blow-off-valve-adapter-bova-v1/

A photo of it installed as well. If I get time I will try to post a video of the sound it makes as you accelerate.

Ford Bronco Sport Boomba Racing Blow Off Valve (BOV) adapter; Vent to Atmosphere on BL 2.0 F5766BDC-9DFD-47EC-9A3F-B669423EDC60

question. now that your had the BOV for a while. Have you noticed any hissing noise during prolong highway/freeway speeds?

I changed out my diverter valve/recirculation valve on my RS with a Boomba unit. And had to get Boost Reference adapter(BRA:giggle:) from Turbosmart afterwards.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

How was the install and location?

mxATVracer10

Badlands
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BL/BL, 2013 Fusion SE, 2004 F-150 FX4
Not OP but I can answer this one... I have had my BOV since black Friday '21 but just installed it last weekend! I had tried to install it previously, but was following the only video I could find at the time, which was on a 2.0 Focus ST. On it, you have to remove the passenger wheel to gain access, however the BS has a plastic shield that I couldn't get around so I gave up. Randomly searched the other day and there is now a video of one being installed on a Maverick, which of course is the same layout.

BOV Install

The install is EXTREMELY EASY! :rockon:

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Not OP but I can answer this one... I have had my BOV since black Friday '21 but just installed it last weekend! I had tried to install it previously, but was following the only video I could find at the time, which was on a 2.0 Focus ST. On it, you have to remove the passenger wheel to gain access, however the BS has a plastic shield that I couldn't get around so I gave up. Randomly searched the other day and there is now a video of one being installed on a Maverick, which of course is the same layout.

BOV Install

The install is EXTREMELY EASY! :rockon:
Yeah I saw this last night.....BOV will be my next mod 🤙

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm not in it for the sound; I'm in it for the functionality of a BOV. It's meant to stop back pressure to the turbo.
I've had turbos in my cars since 2009 and I've had to replace a few along the way.
In my world it's called preventive maintenance. Even when you arrive at your destination (especially after a hard run) I'd suggest letting your vehicle idle to cycle out the hot oil from the turbo. It'll extend the life; believe me.
At the end of the day......to each thier own 🤷‍♂️ you do what you want to your vehicle and I'll do what I want. 🍻🤙

Last edited:

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
agree. This ain’t Fast n Furious :cool:

to each their own

would this void warranty?
depends on the issue. If the bypass valve failed then they likely won’t replace it under warranty.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm not in it for the sound; I'm in it for the functionality of a BOV. It's meant to stop back pressure to the turbo.
The engine is equipped with a recirculation valve from the factory that does the same thing. The only difference is it vents back into the unpressurized portion of the intake tract so it's not as noisy.
Sponsored