jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've had my FE for a week today, my previous vehicle was a Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG (big difference) and after a week there are a few things that I would change if I could and I would have been OK w/it costing a little more to have these included.

*For the record I didn't order my BS, it was a dealer order that I scooped up before it was delivered.

- Garage door opener (it's not a huge deal but it is 2021, not 2001)
- Better interior material (some reviews have pointed out that some of the interior seems cheap)
- Cargo Management System (I would have opted for this had I ordered my BS and I wasn't aware that it couldn't be added after taking delivery)
- Rear deck cover (while it's difficult to see in the back it would be nice if there was a deck cover)
- Power seating memory (driver & passenger)
- Same power seating for passenger side as driver's side (no lumbar setting)
- SYNC 4 (I see no valid reason why this isn't available for the BS)
- Alternative input for SYNC (My Mercedes had a click dial for infotainment system and I didn't care for it (at first) until I used a touchscreen. IMO a touchscreen forces you to take your eyes off the road to make sure that you tap the correct icon on the display. Plus touchscreens start looking gross after awhile).

None of these are a deal breaker for me and hopefully they appear in future model years.

What would you change if you could?
Sponsored

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Can't disagree with anything here...hope Ford is listening! Will be too late for me as I've already committed to the Badlands as the only 2.0 option...but Ford missed a big opportunity not offering the 2.0 in at least the Outer Banks version. I wanted all the luxury and all the power I could get, but didn't need brown leather forced on me as the only leather option, and didn't need skid plates and all the other offroad high-tech that comes with BL.

Definitely need at least an integrated garage door opener and memory seats for next model year. And if they could redesign the flip-up rear glass so that the entire opening is available and you're not risking damaging the wiper motor & washer components, that would be great.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone found that the visor doesn't swing far enough forward for them? It seems to me that it should be able to get a little closer to the windshield, it ends up being just a little too low which obstructs more of what's in front of me than I care for.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
  • One-touch up and down on driver's window (I've never had a car that didn't have one-touch in both directions, drives me nuts).
  • Shark fin antenna.
  • LED brake/signal/reverse lights.
  • Option for 16" wheels.
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay.
  • Option to disable cornering lights.
  • More towing capacity.
These are all minor nitpicks though. I'm very happy with the vehicle overall.

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
-10-way power seating on Driver's side, 8-way power seating for passenger, both w/ memory
-Wireless Apple CarPlay or might as well go for the full SYNC 4.
-More padding in the seats all around
-Cargo Management System that isn't only factory ordered.

I relatively like everything else, my previous car wasn't all that equipped for a luxury car built in 2015. I've gained a lot going to the 2021 BL, but compared to my wife's 2020 X3 there are some areas for improvement. But I know the price of my BS BL was much less, so again I am quite pleased.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had one more:

-Fake Engine Noise (it would be really nice if that could be easily disabled)

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
This thread was so timely for me. I just got a survey from Ford. I would have loved to reply, but I refuse to download a third party app to do so. So if Ford is listening.
I liked the way the back seat bottoms on my 1st generation Escape popped up and folded out, making the back lay flat. And it filled the space behind the front seats.
A bit more towing capacity. Would be nice to be able to haul a ton of pellets home in one trip.
Power seat that goes up and down. Lumbar support on the passenger power seat.
I still love my OB. 1700 miles so far.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
  • Flat folding rear seat back like on Gen 1 Escape
  • Roof rack delete so we can use Yakima towers like on Gen 1 Escape
  • Low profile roof antenna instead of the shark fin (called a patch antenna)
  • Move the rear license plate from the bumper to the hatch like on Gen 1 Escape so it isn't blocked by hitch mounted bike rack or cargo carrier

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
Only complaint so far is that the center mirror mount obstructs a huge chunk of the windshield. I feel like the worst blind spot is the front driving side.
I’d like ventilated seats, but that’s not a major issue.
It's not back compared to my 2018 Escape Titanium..
Sponsored