Speaker locations: B&O and Regular speaker positions.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any update on the speaker/woofer/amp locations?
The locations are all posted on here somewhere...for both B&O and non. 5 up front (incl. the center channel), 4 in the rear, 1 sub in the RHS cargo wall. The sub appears it might be ported into the body cavity, but fires through a grille into the cabin (cargo area). The non-B&O systems lack the center channel (top of the dash), the (2) rear tweeters (near the door latch/lock levers), and the sub. The 4 full ranges are located in the front area of the door pockets, and the front tweeters at the top corners or the dash in all trims.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kokopelli

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, FJ Cruiser, Yamaha Kodiak
I really like the B&O system. After some adjustment it performs very well. The only weak area IMO is the low range. It’s not gonna thump. Otherwise the clarity is very good with SXM..

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Does anybody just buy a vehicle off the lot after they have some color and package options on the lot and drive and enjoy it stock ?
I do , I don't change anything till its out of warranty & breaks or needs something . I like the BO sound system , when we drove back home from the dealer after picking the BS up , we had a 2.5 hr. drive & were blasting the music ( Sirius ) both ofd us are in our 60"s .

Kokopelli

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, FJ Cruiser, Yamaha Kodiak
I do , I don't change anything till its out of warranty & breaks or needs something . I like the BO sound system , when we drove back home from the dealer after picking the BS up , we had a 2.5 hr. drive & were blasting the music ( Sirius ) both ofd us are in our 60"s .
Sandy and I are in our 60’s as well. It’s actually Sandys car (birthday and retirement gift) and she normally listens to music on her iPod, I tune to Sirius when I’m with her. The factory system in my FJ is great and the B&O system compares favorably, other than the low range. It really needs a small woofer, but Sandy is happy with it as is...

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Did someone say Locations?

6 Speaker System

Ford Bronco Sport Speaker locations: B&O and Regular speaker positions. 1621912060271

ItemDescription
1Instrument panel left/right speakers
2Left/right front door speakers
3Left/right rear door woofer speakers

10 Speaker System

Ford Bronco Sport Speaker locations: B&O and Regular speaker positions. 1621912069145

ItemDescription
1Instrument panel center speaker
2Instrument panel left/right speakers
3Left/right front door speakers
4Left/right rear door tweeter speakers
5Left/right rear door woofer speakers
6Subwoofer speaker

Audio/SYNC System Hidden Components

Ford Bronco Sport Speaker locations: B&O and Regular speaker positions. 1621912078454

ItemDescription
1DSP
2Voice microphone
3Secondary cellular antenna
4APIM
5ACM
6TCU

Last edited:

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Blown away, no; but even though music is very important to me otherwise, and I am finicky about sound -- I listen to news and talk when I drive! Maybe because radio and satellite are too repetitive -- I do like my local jazz station though. I won't listen to non-HD. And now I need a solution for all of my favorite car CDs (not willing to do the work to put them on my phone).

Nor am I interested in replacing the head unit anymore like I used to do. I am not sure if the B&O speakers break up at high volume, or if its just the interior trim, but I might do speaker replacements, some extra dampening treatments, if those offer real improvements.
I took a tiny USB Thumb drive and copied all the CDs loaded on my PC over the past 20-years (>400 albums). I plug it into the dash and browse Audio settings, and select the input.
It is Terrific!
I use audio search and say, artist, or title, etc.

Blynne

Badlands
First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Mustang GT, 21 Escape, 22 BS Badlands
I won't listen to non-HD. And now I need a solution for all of my favorite car CDs (not willing to do the work to put them on my phone).
Have you considered a Spotify subscription? It's got just about anything you want to listen to and you can create your own playlists easily.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I took a tiny USB Thumb drive and copied all the CDs loaded on my PC over the past 20-years (>400 albums). I plug it into the dash and browse Audio settings, and select the input.
It is Terrific!
I use audio search and say, artist, or title, etc.
Can you possibly explain to me or show me a picture of where to plug in the usb drive into the dash to play your music?

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can you possibly explain to me or show me a picture of where to plug in the usb drive into the dash to play your music?
My BS FE came with factory B&O sound system. Not certain what input options come with all models.
Hope this helps.

Ford Bronco Sport Speaker locations: B&O and Regular speaker positions. 20220114_212307

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Is the sub in the B&O an 8 inch? I had very good luck in my 2015 F350 Platinum swapping the factory 8” “Sony” sub for a JL 8w3v3 mounted in the factory box and a small Kenwood 180W RMS amp. Gives a lot more response for what I listen to, mostly rock. It’s not a booming system rather a very nice upgrade to what I think it should sound like from the factory.
Sponsored