Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Official Ford notice:

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 18, 2021

Safety recall for 1,666 Ford Bronco Sport vehicles

Affected 2021 Ford Bronco Sport vehicles were produced with rear suspension modules that may not be fully secured to the subframe. Rear suspension modules with loose or missing bolts may affect the vehicle’s stability, increasing risk of an accident, and may result in reduced rear impact crash performance, increasing the risk of injury.

This action affects 1,640 vehicles in the U.S. and federal territories, 24 in Canada and two in Mexico.

Ford is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this condition.

Affected vehicles were built in Mexico at Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly Plant from July 22 to Nov. 24, 2020.

Dealers will confirm that the rear suspension bolts are secured properly and replace them, if necessary. The Ford reference number for this recall is 21S04.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
hmmm my badlands was made at Hermosillo... wonder when they will start calls for this... i havent noticed anything that felt concerning during my 800+ miles driving so far... but ya never know. Thanks for the link

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Checked the NHTSA website if there was a recall on my vehicle. Nothing yet.

MrSoxo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Well then....to my dealership I go this weekend. My Big Bend is from that plant.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Well then....to my dealership I go this weekend. My Big Bend is from that plant.
This affects 1666 baby broncs out of 13,000+ sold all are from the same factory. Your dealer can check based on your VIN number call before going down there .

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This affects 1666 baby broncs out of 13,000+ sold all are from the same factory. Your dealer can check based on your VIN number call before going down there .
That's still about 12%-13% of all of them made thus far -- way too high, though the indication is that bunch "MAY" be affected. So as you say inquire -- then if you need to go, get it checked out. Great news for shoppers is -- 2 things now to make certain your dealer checks out before you leave the lot with yours.

MrSoxo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That's still about 12%-13% of all of them made thus far -- way too high, though the indication is that bunch "MAY" be affected. So as you say inquire -- then if you need to go, get it checked out. Great news for shoppers is -- 2 things now to make certain your dealer checks out before you leave the lot with yours.
Even a 10% chance is something I am not risking.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
If you have established an account on Owner.ford.com with your Bronco Sport, you can check there to see if your vehicle is subject to this or any other recall action.

DanielFE

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE
If you have established an account on Owner.ford.com with your Bronco Sport, you can check there to see if your vehicle is subject to this or any other recall action.
The Ford website is a spinning blue circle of infinity for me in the recall search option this morning.

Are we relying on the USPS to deliver the confirmation on affected vehicles via paper mail ?
If only in 2021 there was another option...
It would be great if Ford "pushed" this information to owners via the FordPass App.

"...with loose or missing bolts..."

An incorrect torque setting is one thing, but missing bolts in the suspension assembly is an entirely different level of negligence.

Fortunately mine shows a 12/20/20 build date on the door sticker so hopefully it's outside of the affected window. Hopefully...as the blue circle of infinity spins...

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
A side question I asked on another forum: how did you tie your Bronco to your Ford owner account? I had an existing account when I ordered my BL, which I am months away from getting. Thanks.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
A side question I asked on another forum: how did you tie your Bronco to your Ford owner account? I had an existing account when I ordered my BL, which I am months away from getting. Thanks.
I’ve always used the FordPass app to register my vehicles. That also enables remote FordConnect functionality through the app. Hth

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I’ve always used the FordPass app to register my vehicles. That also enables remote FordConnect functionality through the app. Hth
Thanks, at least I know which route to go. Weirdly signing into FordPass app with credentials from owner.ford.com didn't work. May be those 2 are different and that's why I couldn't figure it out in the first place. I'm basically new to Ford. Never mind, my mistake... looks like I just never fully completed the account setup. Was able to access it through the app and/or owner web site now. I see that once I have VIN I can add a vehicle right there. Thanks again.
Sponsored

Last edited: