Kq100

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
I just ordered one of these for our BL. They are shipping beginning of June so at this rate I should get tent and vehicle at the same time?

Ford Bronco Sport Superlite Rooftop Tent for Bronco Sport 2C2A849D-407E-4BAB-8C75-E38ED185F8C7
Sponsored

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Those look pretty great. I’m curious how it holds up in weather without a rain fly?

order now, get it 6 months later. Damn.

OP
OP

Kq100

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
It’s basically a single wall tent so rain should be fine, just have to keep an eye on condensation.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
Ford Bronco Sport Superlite Rooftop Tent for Bronco Sport 2C2A849D-407E-4BAB-8C75-E38ED185F8C7

I just ordered one of these for our BL. They are shipping beginning of June so at this rate I should get tent and vehicle at the same time?
Definitely gotta post updates and pics when you get it. I was looking at the same thing.

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Why did you order this? It's 90" long. That's way too big for the bronco sport.

OP
OP

Kq100

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
My calculations put it just past the top edge of the windshield

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you move it up enough so that the antenna is not squished, it will be over hanging the windshield a good bit.

OP
OP

Kq100

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Not that I am worried about the antenna,
but I have seen 2 different antennas on the BS. A fin style and the stick style.
any thoughts on differences. ( if you zoom in this has a fin antenna)
Ford Bronco Sport Superlite Rooftop Tent for Bronco Sport BEF78225-A14F-4D3A-A52E-D02D5F23C2D3

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
How easy is it to swap the antenna for a fin? I assume if it comes as such in the Canadian model, then it should fit in place fairly seamlessly.

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It’s not necessary to avoid loading the roof above the antenna. It is designed with bendable material.
Ford Bronco Sport Superlite Rooftop Tent for Bronco Sport E12A2FA7-88BC-4F24-86F1-D28BC1FE3AB8
Of course you can load over it, but it will impact the performance of the antenna and associated equipment. As you can see in the picture, that tent folds up and stops blocking antenna when you are on the move. Roof rack in OP would provide no such relief while moving from A to B.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
of course a roof top tent will hurt performance. (Not to mention fuel economy) If you load anything over the antenna it will lower the range and quality of the signal. Better not drive through a tunnel either if you don’t want to miss your favorite song playing on the radio. It comes down to personal preference.. Do I want to outfit my vehicle with certain equipment to benefit a specific trip and impact performance or is satellite radio a non negotiable. But you can can’t say OP setup will keep him from getting from A to B
On the topic of fuel economy. One of the reasons I like this tent is because it’s only 80lb, and I could remove it more easily at home. That way I don’t have to drive around with it full time.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
isn't the roof only rated for 150lbs (100lbs if you have a sun roof)? How's that work with a tent up there, if the tent is 80lbs that only leaves 70lbs of rated capacity. I'd need a major diet. Curious on everyone's thoughts on roof capacity and why it's so low when the advertise and offer a tent on top?

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
isn't the roof only rated for 150lbs (100lbs if you have a sun roof)? How's that work with a tent up there, if the tent is 80lbs that only leaves 70lbs of rated capacity. I'd need a major diet. Curious on everyone's thoughts on roof capacity and why it's so low when the advertise and offer a tent on top?
The 100lbs or 150lbs is the rating for when the vehicle is moving. The max. load of the roof when not moving is around 600.
Sponsored