essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Of course you can load over it, but it will impact the performance of the antenna and associated equipment. As you can see in the picture, that tent folds up and stops blocking antenna when you are on the move. Roof rack in OP would provide no such relief while moving from A to B.
of course a roof top tent will hurt performance. (Not to mention fuel economy) If you load anything over the antenna it will lower the range and quality of the signal. Better not drive through a tunnel either if you don’t want to miss your favorite song playing on the radio. It comes down to personal preference.. Do I want to outfit my vehicle with certain equipment to benefit a specific trip and impact performance or is satellite radio a non negotiable. But you can can’t say OP setup will keep him from getting from A to B

McBrideless

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
of course a roof top tent will hurt performance. (Not to mention fuel economy) If you load anything over the antenna it will lower the range and quality of the signal. Better not drive through a tunnel either if you don’t want to miss your favorite song playing on the radio. It comes down to personal preference.. Do I want to outfit my vehicle with certain equipment to benefit a specific trip and impact performance or is satellite radio a non negotiable. But you can can’t say OP setup will keep him from getting from A to B
On the topic of fuel economy. One of the reasons I like this tent is because it’s only 80lb, and I could remove it more easily at home. That way I don’t have to drive around with it full time.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
On the topic of fuel economy. One of the reasons I like this tent is because it’s only 80lb, and I could remove it more easily at home. That way I don’t have to drive around with it full time.
It’s lighter to load and unload and definitely more aerodynamic if fuel economy is important

Advertisement

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Off-Roading, Overlanding, Camping 7