JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
The 100lbs or 150lbs is the rating for when the vehicle is moving. The max. load of the roof when not moving is around 600.
there are a lot of good options for non moonroof option (at the 150 pound dynamic (moving) weight. Ford accessories has one From Yakima.

i was interested in the super light. But when I measured it out, at 90 inches long it would overhang the windshield a few inches. that just seems an unhappy look.

I think we are going to go with the Napier Sportz SUV tent and spend the difference on other stuff. And go with a cargo basket on top.

Last edited:

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there are a lot of good options for non moonroof option (at the 150 pound dynamic (moving) weight. Ford accessories has one From Yakima.

i was interested in the super light. But when I measured it out, at 90 inches long it would overhang the windshield a few inches. that just seems an unhappy look.

I think we are going to go with the Napier Sportz SUV tent and spend the difference on other stuff. And go with a cargo basket on top.
We got the Napier Sportz SUV tent from Ford. Less expensive than the same model on Amazon or the Napier site and arrived in one day.

As one does, we set it up in our living room to see how it worked. It is an enormous tent, much bigger and taller than I expected (see pictures. I am 6 feet). I guess to be fair, it has to be tall if it is going to connect to the back of the Bronco Sport (which is deceptively tall). It is also fairly heavy, over 30 pounds.

Ford Bronco Sport Superlite Rooftop Tent for Bronco Sport Tent 2
Ford Bronco Sport Superlite Rooftop Tent for Bronco Sport Tent 1

It was fast enough to set up. Repacking in the bag is going to be a learning experience.

I dunno. We will keep it and use it for extended camping. Still not convinced about getting a RTT. Depending on our experiences, we may get something smaller for weekends away.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
We got the Napier Sportz SUV tent from Ford. Less expensive than the same model on Amazon or the Napier site and arrived in one day.

As one does, we set it up in our living room to see how it worked. It is an enormous tent, much bigger and taller than I expected (see pictures. I am 6 feet). I guess to be fair, it has to be tall if it is going to connect to the back of the Bronco Sport (which is deceptively tall). It is also fairly heavy, over 30 pounds.

Ford Bronco Sport Superlite Rooftop Tent for Bronco Sport Tent 2
Ford Bronco Sport Superlite Rooftop Tent for Bronco Sport Tent 1

It was fast enough to set up. Repacking in the bag is going to be a learning experience.

I dunno. We will keep it and use it for extended camping. Still not convinced about getting a RTT. Depending on our experiences, we may get something smaller for weekends away.
I really wish they made something kind of like this, but not on the ground. Basically a tent attachment that goes on the back of the BS with the hatch open to allow a bit more room and keep bugs and rain out while improving ventilation.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really wish they made something kind of like this, but not on the ground. Basically a tent attachment that goes on the back of the BS with the hatch open to allow a bit more room and keep bugs and rain out while improving ventilation.
Napier has two options that see: the cove and the super cove. https://www.napieroutdoors.com/shop/suv-minivan-tents/sportz-cove-61000/

prob won’t work for me, I’m a bit too tall to stretch out in the back but these do look cool

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How easy is it to swap the antenna for a fin? I assume if it comes as such in the Canadian model, then it should fit in place fairly seamlessly.
I'd be surprised if there are actually different antennas -- I've seen BSes on the lots with the stick antenna still in the plastic wrap in the back of the vehicle -- the dealer just hasn't installed them yet.

Cap

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

I’m looking at the gfc sl but don’t have my bronco yet, how many inches overhang over windshield did you get?
thanks

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands

Most if not all of the accessories will work with the sunroof model also. Just saying.

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just ordered one of these for our BL. They are shipping beginning of June so at this rate I should get tent and vehicle at the same time?

Ford Bronco Sport Superlite Rooftop Tent for Bronco Sport 2C2A849D-407E-4BAB-8C75-E38ED185F8C7
Nice! I was looking at their original RTT though it is on the heavier side, but want the ability to strap a yak on top of the RTT. They aren't taking new orders currently due to backlog and high demand. But pushing 200lbs dynamic weight at that point, not sure how stable it will feel. Reading through another thread on here re. real world rooftop weight, essentialemployee comforted me with the load bearing on the rack and frame rather than the roof/moonroof.

Any of you already with your BS tried to hang a yak out the back window lift from the cargo area?

Curious how yours fits and what you think!