Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
Here is every measurement I could think of for the cargo area of the Bronco Sport Badlands package. All measurements in inches taken three times and rounded to the nearest quarter inch. If anyone has questions or needs something I missed just ask.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 1

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 2

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 3

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 4

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) front

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) hatch
Sponsored

Last edited:

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Wow! I was hoping to find some crude cargo dimensions and this is soooo much more. Incredibly useful info. Thank you!

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
If anyone has questions or needs something I missed just ask.
Great job on this, much appreciated. Glad to see it's a sticky.

I do have a question regarding the cargo area when the rear seat backs are folded down. In your pictures there is a significant angle to the seat backs, but I'm wondering if they will fold flatter under pressure? Would someone sleeping back there force the seat backs down flat and level? And is there a step or lip where the seat back meets the cargo floor?

Thanks again.

frk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Ditto those Wow's & Thanks - another question - for the 76" from back of cargo area to the back of the front seat - is that with the front seat moved all way forward? - and can the front seat backs be made to lean forward?

OP
OP
Thatch

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great job on this, much appreciated. Glad to see it's a sticky.

I do have a question regarding the cargo area when the rear seat backs are folded down. In your pictures there is a significant angle to the seat backs, but I'm wondering if they will fold flatter under pressure? Would someone sleeping back there force the seat backs down flat and level? And is there a step or lip where the seat back meets the cargo floor?

Thanks again.
It compresses some but I would not expect it to go completely flat. I just went out and put my weight on it and got 1" of compression at the front. That is about half the rise so maybe with some time you could get it to compress down but not all the way.

On the BL with a full size spare there is maybe a 1/4 inch step or lip but it compresses to nothing. (see the pic. Sorry about the dog hair already accumulating in it.) I lifted the cargo mat so you could see both the small rise and the small gap between cargo and seat back. If you don't have the full size spare you can set the cargo floor lower and it seems like it would have about a 2 inch gain so that would cause there to be a rise at the seats.

I will try and get some time to remove the spare and lower the floor for additional measurements for those who chose not to get the BL.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) 20201227_175032

OP
OP
Thatch

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ditto those Wow's & Thanks - another question - for the 76" from back of cargo area to the back of the front seat - is that with the front seat moved all way forward? - and can the front seat backs be made to lean forward?
Thanks Im glad it is helping.

76" is with the seat all the way forward and the back tilted as far forward as possible. With the power seats this is actually a little disappointing as they don't tilt very far forward even on the passenger side. This leaves 18.5" between the seat and the dash. Hopefully the mechanical ones can tilt further but someone with a base package will need to hop on and confirm or not.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) front

robotfist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Concerning sleeping in the back of a BS, I climbed into the back of an Outer Banks at my local dealership and to sleep in one of those, you'll definitely need to push the front seats forward and build a platform for your head (or just pile a bunch of stuff in the rear seat footwells).

For my Subaru Forester, I built a couple of bridges that attach to the back of the front seats. They extend the bed and allow for two full-size adults to lie down back there. Ford is claiming there will be an endless amount of accessories for the Bronco Sport, and I'd love to see someone make something similar, so I don't have to!

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) forester-seatback-extenders

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2wd
Wow thanks, I wish every vehicle manufacturer would do this. Cubic ft area tells me nothing. Now I know I can fit 1 piece fishing rods with back seat down ??

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Concerning sleeping in the back of a BS, I climbed into the back of an Outer Banks at my local dealership and to sleep in one of those, you'll definitely need to push the front seats forward and build a platform for your head (or just pile a bunch of stuff in the rear seat footwells).
The BS will need more than a platform for the head, the folded rear seat backs don't go flat & level enough to sleep on. The 4Runner has a similar issue and aftermarket companies make a sleeping platform for the rear that replaces one or both of the rear seats, https://www.goose-gear.com/ Unlikely this will be available for the BS because of the spare tire location under the cargo floor.

Ford had the Gen1 Escape so perfect for camping and sleeping in the back, I'm sorry to see the BS lose that utility.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) ggear

kmb421

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Thanks for these measurements, super helpful

Does anyone happen to have dimensions for the cargo management system? ?
Specifically looking for the height of the space between the floor and the shelf/table feature (w/ raised full size spare floor).
Sponsored